We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
I could really use some help here. Options

BananaForeskin
#41 Posted : 6/18/2011 12:50:26 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yep. To be frank, Nexus aside, I know a LOT of people who've smoked a LOT of DMT and they're all totally fine.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

christian
#42 Posted : 6/18/2011 9:17:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The main point i was really trying to make was how beneficial in general Psychadelics are. In terms of Schitzophrenia most probably not. But then again perhaps in the future there may be a use for professionally guided sub psychadelic doses as part of the treatment of it in early diagnosis- WHO KNOWS. It's all about Science being given the red light to continue such research that has been prevented for quite a while now.-

-I can see no reason why a healthy, intelligent individual, who has done his proper research with any psychadelic, and practices such, should run into problems. However one that doesn't might!Wink

-But the dmt making people go crazy,etc...really does sound like OVERKILL to the extreme!!

"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

christian
#43 Posted : 6/18/2011 9:45:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
That article only mentions depression as the "mental illness" being treated with it. I understand that depression is currently being classified by the psychiatric community as a mental illness (which makes much more of the global population "mentally ill" I might add), but it makes no mention of schizophrenia or any serious mental disorders. I don't think this article makes your case.

-Depression is and has been a "mental illness" for a long time in the u.k.,And it's a serious one at that.

-Depression can rob people of their passion for life and make life seem futile. To not classify this as a serious illness, like Schitzophrenia is the understatement of the year. Depression is one of the main causes of SUICIDE, and not something to be easily dismissed.

- I think that we have a misunderstanding on this forum about the mental Illnesses. All mental illnesses are illnesses. Today a wide range of medications are used to treat their conditions, and all i was saying was that CORRECT use of psychadelics may be better. I do not have the answers, i am not a Scientist, but i have simple common sense. At the moment we do not have the answers, because the scientific community has not been allowed to properly test all psychadelics, and this is still very much in it's infancy, thanks to the government and big Pharma industries. But i'm convinced that there is hope.

-Hermetic, i was not suggesting powerful doses of psychadelics to treat schitzophrenia. Perhaps gentle sub psychadelic doses, as in the case of Ketamine used to treat depression. Again , this is one for science to fathom out.

- The fact that there are no mental illnesses known in Amazonian tribes, etc , must mean that their lifestyle must have some EXTREMELY healthy elements. The question we now must ask is this " how come these simple peoples have been living correctly, yet us westernized, (so called superior technological society)- can't seem to make this grade???. Could it be because we live apart from nature, rather than with it. Is this where western society is wrong>>?....maybe we need to get back to nature and natural plants.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

MySmelf
#44 Posted : 6/18/2011 2:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hasn't anyone read anything by Stanislav Grof, M.D.? He has had a lot of success treating mental illness with psychedelics.

Also check this out: Gary Fisher - Treatment of Childhood Schizophrenia Utilizing LSD and Psilocybin

According to some I should've never touched psychedelics. Before I found shrooms I had serious suicidal depression and probably had some type of schizoid condition but was never diagnosed. I heard noises, voices, demons screaming in my ear. I also had tactile hallucinations like shrinking/expanding and falling into myself. I once was convinced I had bugs under my skin and cut myself badly trying to remove them.
If I never found shrooms I am sure I would've killed myself. The only thing that gave me joy was planning my suicide.

These days I feel like a completely different person. I have NO depression at all and just about all the hallucinations are gone (occasionally I get slight tactile hallucinations but they're easy to handle).

I strongly feel that psychedelics are very healthy for the mind and I'm convinced that further research will prove this to be true.

Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

christian
#45 Posted : 6/18/2011 2:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great to hear that MYSMELF...Maybe the " doubters" can now rest their case !!!..HAHAHAHAHAHAH...:Laughing Laughing Cool

-pS THANKS FOR THE VIDEO LINK-it was excellent!Wink

HermeticShaman
#46 Posted : 6/18/2011 6:27:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:

- The fact that there are no mental illnesses known in Amazonian tribes, etc , must mean that their lifestyle must have some EXTREMELY healthy elements. The question we now must ask is this " how come these simple peoples have been living correctly, yet us westernized, (so called superior technological society)- can't seem to make this grade???. Could it be because we live apart from nature, rather than with it. Is this where western society is wrong>>?....maybe we need to get back to nature and natural plants.

I think those of us in Westernized civilizations should not be so quick to discard those old practices, beliefs, customs, and ways. Certainly many technological, scientific, and certain medical achievements can be credited to our societies, but look at our way of life and value system as a whole? Of course, this conversation could easily venture into topics that are far removed from the nature of this forum, but I'm with you on this one. We'd definitely be better off if we just took a few steps back.

We live in an overly connected, overly stimulated, overly medicated society that is so far removed from the core meaning of life and we completely rape the earth in the process, scoffing at older, "less sophisticated" cultures who need to just "catch up already."

"'Tis true, without falsehood, certain and most true.
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
The Sun is its father, the Moon its mother,
the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse."

-Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

christian
#47 Posted : 6/19/2011 8:22:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well said, Hermetic!

- something interesting on the current twist...(oopps!!)-but couldn't help it!!

http://philosophers-ston...uk/wordpress/2011/03/28/

http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=16872

Digi123
#48 Posted : 6/19/2011 10:30:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with a lot of other posters here that your mentor's friend is simply spreading fear. Not that you don't have to be carefull with these things though, they are powerfull and you have to show them respect. If you're taking it for a while and you see your thinking change in a way you're not happy with then I'd say stop for a while and clear your head.

Quote:
I'm not even dysfunctional by society's standards.

Who is society to judge anyway, societie's the most fubar of us all xD

HermeticShaman wrote:
I think those of us in Westernized civilizations should not be so quick to discard those old practices, beliefs, customs, and ways. Certainly many technological, scientific, and certain medical achievements can be credited to our societies, but look at our way of life and value system as a whole? Of course, this conversation could easily venture into topics that are far removed from the nature of this forum, but I'm with you on this one. We'd definitely be better off if we just took a few steps back.

We live in an overly connected, overly stimulated, overly medicated society that is so far removed from the core meaning of life and we completely rape the earth in the process, scoffing at older, "less sophisticated" cultures who need to just "catch up already."

Well said Smile
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

Global
#49 Posted : 6/19/2011 4:40:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

christian wrote:
Global wrote:
That article only mentions depression as the "mental illness" being treated with it. I understand that depression is currently being classified by the psychiatric community as a mental illness (which makes much more of the global population "mentally ill" I might add), but it makes no mention of schizophrenia or any serious mental disorders. I don't think this article makes your case.

-Depression is and has been a "mental illness" for a long time in the u.k.,And it's a serious one at that.

-Depression can rob people of their passion for life and make life seem futile. To not classify this as a serious illness, like Schitzophrenia is the understatement of the year. Depression is one of the main causes of SUICIDE, and not something to be easily dismissed.

- I think that we have a misunderstanding on this forum about the mental Illnesses. All mental illnesses are illnesses. Today a wide range of medications are used to treat their conditions, and all i was saying was that CORRECT use of psychadelics may be better. I do not have the answers, i am not a Scientist, but i have simple common sense. At the moment we do not have the answers, because the scientific community has not been allowed to properly test all psychadelics, and this is still very much in it's infancy, thanks to the government and big Pharma industries. But i'm convinced that there is hope.

Don't get me wrong. I completely agree with you. Depression in certain forms is a mental illness. It's also somewhat natural and a natural part of life in small degrees. I wasn't trying to say manic depression wasn't as serious as schizophrenia, but what I was saying was that when it comes to treating the two conditions with psychedelics, there seems to be a clear distinction of in which case it's safer to use. I'm glad to hear MySmelf was successful, but there will always be exceptions to anything, and just because some guy lives to 98 smoking cigars every day of his life, doesn't mean that you should too. I also understand that perhaps psychedelics could be used in better sets and settings in low doses for schizophrenics in the future, but for now I was just pointing out that there isn't really too much evidence to suggest it could be a good idea.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

christian
#50 Posted : 6/19/2011 5:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought the Gary Fisher video was excellent, and very uplifting. A very special man indeed. Did you watch it Global?

Global
#51 Posted : 6/19/2011 5:25:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I'm pretty sure I read the study regarding it last year, and contrary to what you might think, I remember actually responding pretty positively to it. I don't have time to watch the video now (father's day), but I will watch it tonight. I have a feeling I'm about to stand corrected Wink
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

christian
#52 Posted : 6/19/2011 6:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No. not at all, Global!.....Like i said, i'm no expert, but i know from experience, and what i've understood that psychadelics are a part of a healthy balanced lifestyle.

- Maybe for some people they will NEED for some scientist to confirm this , but at any rate it won't be happening soon. I'm glad that i know what i know, and have the ability to talk to like minded people like yourself.

- Have a happy Fathers day...Wink

HermeticShaman
#53 Posted : 6/19/2011 7:41:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:

- Maybe for some people they will NEED for some scientist to confirm this , but at any rate it won't be happening soon.

Isn't that a sad reality, how the doors have been almost entirely shut on psychedelic research? So, the classic psychedelics get thrown in Schedule 1 with drugs like heroin, while cocaine and methamphetamine get to hang out in Schedule 2 because there exists supposed "medical properties" of these awful substances. So, yeah, we can research the effects of methamphetamine for extreme cases of ADHD (as in Desoxyn) and we'll give this crap to kids, but oh no! Don't you dare consider exploring the possibilities of the mushroom, or the spice! What a sad state of affairs.

-Chris
That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, to accomplish the miracle of the One thing.
And as all things have arisen from one by the meditation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.

All posts by the above author, HermeticShaman are fictional segments of a fictional fantasy book about fictional psychedelic journeys and travels to fantasy lands of wonder and imagination. Any resemblance to real events, intentions, conspiracy to commit illegal activities, or confessions of illegal activity are merely a convincing way to build up an epic plot line, and in no way represent the lifestyle or actions of the man behind the name.

christian
#54 Posted : 6/19/2011 7:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it is sad, Hermetic, and it makes me MAD MAD, MAD.. Such is the way the ruling elite treat their peoples like fools....

Global
#55 Posted : 6/20/2011 3:07:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I stand well-corrected. That was quite the uplifting video indeed Very happy

RayOfLight
#56 Posted : 6/21/2011 8:23:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've thought about this a lot actually, although we have some members here that use or have used DMT daily for extended periods and are quite fine I would be willing to bet that there are others out that that have lost it and never gotten it back.

If that did happen to someone they wouldn't be around to post here anymore so that number remains a mystery.

I think everything we do carries risks, the key is to weigh the risk vs reward and in the case of DMT I think the reward far outweighs the risk.

‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

HermeticShaman
#57 Posted : 6/21/2011 8:31:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes indeed, I couldn't agree more, RayOfLight.

Nitegazer
#58 Posted : 6/21/2011 10:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There really are some great studies out there. If anyone wants to study the research about psychological risks, I would recommend reviewing some of articles in this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1441

One of the reports, "Risk Assessment of Ritual Use of Oral [DMT] and Harmala Alkaloids"-- here is a quote:

Over a period of 5 years, the medical studies section of
the UDV documented between 13 and 24 cases in which
ayahuasca might have been a contributing factor in a
psychotic incident ([13], p. 701). The incidents documented
by the UDV occurred from an estimated total of
25 000 servings of the hoasca tea. Although the prevalence
rate of psychosis or schizophrenia among adults in
the United States varies according to the way in which
diagnostic criteria are applied, the generally accepted
estimate is approximately 1.3% [59]. A reported UDV rate
of psychotic episodes under 1% suggests that the use of
hoasca is not a triggering event for sustained psychosis

HermeticShaman
#59 Posted : 6/22/2011 4:39:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, thanks Nitegazer! That's an extremely helpful link you posted. Exactly what I was looking for.

corpus callosum
#60 Posted : 6/22/2011 5:24:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Heroin, cocaine and amphetamines do have valid and useful medical properties:

Heroin- analgesic, anxiolytic, anit-arrythmic properties plus it has unrivalled hemodynamic/cardiac stabilising effects in acute left ventricular failiure;

Cocaine-very useful in nasal surgery and as a diagnostic aid in determining the site of the lesion in pupillary assymetry;

Amphetamines-certainly useful in narcolepsy.

Better agents now exist which have replaced cocaine and amphetamines in these scenarios; morphine is almost as good as heroin in the properties it has but its anxiolytic effect is less and its a weaker analgesic on a weight-for-weight basis.Plus in terminal care, 1g of heroin as the HCL salt is soluble in 3 or 4mls of water allowing for a good dose to be administered in a lesser volume than if morphine was used.This is important when giving a terminally ill patient these drugs as a subcutaneous infusion.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

PREV1234NEXT