We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
a lot of my DMT trips tell me to believe in god Options

Global
#41 Posted : 6/17/2011 12:52:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

ewok wrote:
Global wrote:
ewok wrote:
I think people find god because they are pre-conditioned to believe there is a god, but by definition there is no god. Even from when I was 5 and bible studies where apart of schools here I didn't believe it one bit and still don't and I think its the reason I've never had a experience of meeting "god" on dmt or any psychedelic. I've meet mighty powers but not a god. If people didn't have the idea of god implanted in their minds I don't think they would put that tag on their experience either.

I'm missing the part about how "by definition there is no god."

By definition "god" is a singular supreme being that created and controls the universe. If there is a higher power it is not that of the traditional god or gods hence why I think a new term is needed.

If you think a man sits in the clouds telling people to build boats because he is going to flood them I happy for you. But its a lie.

That's not my concept of God, and I think if you read through this thread, you'll see that it's not the concept of many others. I think you're overgeneralizing about how people actually define God. It's certainly not the view of God that Eastern esoteric philosophies have held for long before the Judeo-Christian version of the heavenly man in the sky. What proof do you have, by the way that the higher power didn't create the universe? In Bernard Haisch's "God Theory", the NASA astrophysicist logically outlines his theory as to how a singular supreme being could have "created the universe" with complementary view points of science and spirituality. It's a good read, and I'd recommend it to anyone interested on the subject.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ewok
#42 Posted : 6/17/2011 2:20:42 AM

Global wrote:
ewok wrote:
Global wrote:
ewok wrote:
I think people find god because they are pre-conditioned to believe there is a god, but by definition there is no god. Even from when I was 5 and bible studies where apart of schools here I didn't believe it one bit and still don't and I think its the reason I've never had a experience of meeting "god" on dmt or any psychedelic. I've meet mighty powers but not a god. If people didn't have the idea of god implanted in their minds I don't think they would put that tag on their experience either.

I'm missing the part about how "by definition there is no god."

By definition "god" is a singular supreme being that created and controls the universe. If there is a higher power it is not that of the traditional god or gods hence why I think a new term is needed.

If you think a man sits in the clouds telling people to build boats because he is going to flood them I happy for you. But its a lie.

That's not my concept of God, and I think if you read through this thread, you'll see that it's not the concept of many others. I think you're overgeneralizing about how people actually define God. It's certainly not the view of God that Eastern esoteric philosophies have held for long before the Judeo-Christian version of the heavenly man in the sky. What proof do you have, by the way that the higher power didn't create the universe? In Bernard Haisch's "God Theory", the NASA astrophysicist logically outlines his theory as to how a singular supreme being could have "created the universe" with complementary view points of science and spirituality. It's a good read, and I'd recommend it to anyone interested on the subject.

That's why I said a new term is needed, if you walk down the street telling people you believe in god most if not all will assume you mean the generalized god from the bible. I also said god means different things to different people which is why I think the term god is being used wrong to explain what people experience or feel.

I don't believe in proving what didn't happen I believe in proving what did happen, so what proof do you have that a higher power created the universe?

I'm not saying there isn't higher powers as such as I don't know and how could I? but to say one sole power is the creator in anyway shape or form I find hard to believe.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

RayOfLight
#43 Posted : 6/17/2011 2:22:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can ask for answers about god and then get them from psychedelics, skeptics say always be critical of your experiences and the answers you get. Myself personally I am a believer, I believe in the psychedelic experiences I've had and the messages I've gotten about what god is.

This makes me feel good and fulfilled and my life is all the better for it. doubters can doubt all they want if that makes them happy .
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

benzyme
#44 Posted : 6/17/2011 2:29:22 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

if your belief makes you happy, that's all that really matters.
a healthy debate is fine, but people spend so much energy getting upset when people challenge their beliefs...

but a person shouldn't get upset if they truly believe what they believe.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Rising Spirit
#45 Posted : 6/17/2011 3:12:20 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

I agree with much of what has been said here, although not all of it. This is only natural. The word God often elicits a contrary reaction and this is a shame. When we reinterpret the idea of the Divine, into a more universal and imminent reality, we see a clear view into a presence so vast and intelligent, all else seems dull and unsophisticated. The state of mind which exists within the Godhead is one which gifts a moment outside of the limits of the time-space continuum. It is a form of spiritual freedom and a doorway to a re-birthing which takes the pilgrim into a new world. But that's another thread (hehehe). Wink

I have had experiences from the time I was a small child which have left me with the strong impression of a Divine force existing in this world, all around me. I was aware from church sermons that God was supposed to be in Heaven above but for me, God was everywhere. I could see the handiwork of the infinitive in the cosmos spread out in the starry night sky and watch the trees move fluidly in the rhythmic wind... these things had an profound impact on me.

I nearly drowned in our pool when I was 10 or 11 and I had my first out of body experience. I knew then that I was not just my physical body and the brain which produced my mindset... I was something more. I existed freely from my earthly form. I actually was a soul! A lot of these experiences suggested to me that the God I understood from church... was not the God which I thought I saw in nature and the star-filled sky. It wasn't until I took psychedelics that I had an immersion with the Light of God and found the living spirit within myself.

I think it is a wonderful opportunity for those who are receptive to a direct symbiosis with the transcendent. Not just while under the spell of entheogens but as a continuum throughout our sober existence. Meditation is a great help in integrating many of these psychedelic experiences. I recommend it to everyone. It's one of the only truly beneficial addictions. Laughing

I agree with benzyme that our beliefs should make us happy or perhaps inspired? And while the state of mind which one attunes to is solely a subjective journey, when under the influence of any number of Sacred Medicines, there is much to it that is originating in spiritual truth.

Times change and so do people. Our concept of the spiritual needs to adapt and evolve as well. I also needed to modify and redefine my understanding about God. I had come into contact with a Unified Field of Intelligent Energy which was both, indivisible and the insubstantial cause of my own core essence. This is a paradox which is suggested in the scriptures, although often it takes some digging to bring it to the light of a 21st century perspective.

It is a journey we take alone but when we arrive in the present moment and realize that the here and now are all that exists, we are able to shift our awareness and in so doing, gain a new view into reality... one which is interconnected with everything else it the universe.
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

moyshekapoyre
#46 Posted : 6/17/2011 4:34:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree with everyone here who has said that we are god/the universe/the infinite field of consciousness. Somehow, everything in the universe is entangled in such a way that, when we tap in, we can experience BEING everything, from all time. I have remembered giving birth to the universe more times than I would have liked to... I think I am shown this during every aya trip because I continue to reject the possibility that we are god. Well, finally I have decided I am ready to accept god/my higher self completely on the next aya trip.... only to discover that when push comes to shove (i.e. i take the ayahuasca) i am not so brave at all, and I then ask to be released back into my simple life without god... which the universe accepts, and no trip ensues. Basically I think if I were to fully accept this higher consciousness into my daily life, that my life would be transformed so drastically, I would not recognize my old life anymore... and this scares me.

olympus mon
#47 Posted : 6/17/2011 8:13:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Rising Spirit wrote:
I agree with much of what has been said here, although not all of it. This is only natural. The word God often elicits a contrary reaction and this is a shame. When we reinterpret the idea of the Divine, into a more universal and imminent reality, we see a clear view into a presence so vast and intelligent, all else seems dull and unsophisticated. The state of mind which exists within the Godhead is one which gifts a moment outside of the limits of the time-space continuum. It is a form of spiritual freedom and a doorway to a re-birthing which takes the pilgrim into a new world. But that's another thread (hehehe). Wink

I have had experiences from the time I was a small child which have left me with the strong impression of a Divine force existing in this world, all around me. I was aware from church sermons that God was supposed to be in Heaven above but for me, God was everywhere. I could see the handiwork of the infinitive in the cosmos spread out in the starry night sky and watch the trees move fluidly in the rhythmic wind... these things had an profound impact on me.

I nearly drowned in our pool when I was 10 or 11 and I had my first out of body experience. I knew then that I was not just my physical body and the brain which produced my mindset... I was something more. I existed freely from my earthly form. I actually was a soul! A lot of these experiences suggested to me that the God I understood from church... was not the God which I thought I saw in nature and the star-filled sky. It wasn't until I took psychedelics that I had an immersion with the Light of God and found the living spirit within myself.

I think it is a wonderful opportunity for those who are receptive to a direct symbiosis with the transcendent. Not just while under the spell of entheogens but as a continuum throughout our sober existence. Meditation is a great help in integrating many of these psychedelic experiences. I recommend it to everyone. It's one of the only truly beneficial addictions. Laughing

I agree with benzyme that our beliefs should make us happy or perhaps inspired? And while the state of mind which one attunes to is solely a subjective journey, when under the influence of any number of Sacred Medicines, there is much to it that is originating in spiritual truth.

Times change and so do people. Our concept of the spiritual needs to adapt and evolve as well. I also needed to modify and redefine my understanding about God. I had come into contact with a Unified Field of Intelligent Energy which was both, indivisible and the insubstantial cause of my own core essence. This is a paradox which is suggested in the scriptures, although often it takes some digging to bring it to the light of a 21st century perspective.

It is a journey we take alone but when we arrive in the present moment and realize that the here and now are all that exists, we are able to shift our awareness and in so doing, gain a new view into reality... one which is interconnected with everything else it the universe.

well, that couldnt have been said better. every word.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

PrimalWisdom
#48 Posted : 6/20/2011 10:12:42 AM

Everything the light touches

This thread has really struck a chord with me.

On Saturday I had an experience on DMT that i can only describe as "communing with God" I understood it all, I had access to it all, and it was flowing within and without me. I had tapped into the flow of the Multiverse. I really believe I connected with a powerful soul. It made it clear that IT was the TRUTH. And that I should believe in it.

Looking back I start to think I may have just been interacting with my own soul. But at the time it was pretty evident that it was not me, in the sense that we are all connected to this "higher power" The single thread that sewed the tapestry of our reality had showed itself to me. It was like I was taking part in an ancient ritual. And ancient and forgotten way of communing with God. A way to reconnect with our mysterious past.

At one point I became aware that I am a God, WE ARE ALL GODS. Or we are all the same God perceiving itself from different viewpoints (The memories of the experience are fleeting)

At the end of the day I am still trying to understand what it all meant to me, and what I should do with what I was shown. (I finally understand why integration can be do difficult) But I am left with the sense that all I can do its hold the experience close to my heart, and carry on with my journey. As we will never fully understand until we are ready.

I was left with the phrase "God is in the details" repeating itself over and over again in my head. And will try find him in the details of my everyday life.

Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Rising Spirit
#49 Posted : 6/20/2011 1:54:40 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

moyshekapoyre wrote:
I agree with everyone here who has said that we are god/the universe/the infinite field of consciousness. Somehow, everything in the universe is entangled in such a way that, when we tap in, we can experience BEING everything, from all time. I have remembered giving birth to the universe more times than I would have liked to... I think I am shown this during every aya trip because I continue to reject the possibility that we are god.

Yes, this is a pivotal point in the experience of Self Realization. Sacred Medicines allow for a temporary immersion into the Light of Divine Being. This light-consciousness is accessible through ego death, and so, our rebirth into undifferentiated being, becomes our pathway towards our own true state of consciousness. That is, when we still the furtive mental waves of the ego drama, long enough to glimpse beyond the revolving door of sensory perceptions.

When we loose ourselves in the merging, we find ourselves on another level, entirely... awakened in the eternal moment. We discard the smaller ego-self and embrace the broader and more universal being of Self-God. They are one, as are all variations of life... BUT... only from the vantage point of the Omniself, can we see this reality directly. All else is merely the exercise of philosophy, contemplation, conjecture and the mental gymnastics that accompany all deep thought processes.

Since we are made-up of the Cosmic Spirit, we are not different from this living presence. We cannot be lost within this great current, for where could we possibly go? Everything is HERE and we find that in attunement to the Godhead gifts us with eternal life. Not somewhere in Heaven or some day in the future, right here & now. To quote Alan Watts, "This is it." :idea:

BTW, Alan wrote a wonderful book with this title and I recommend it wholeheartedly. I lost my only copy in 1979, on a subway train in Boston. I was re-reading the book for the third time, while simultaneously approaching an intense peak within an LSD experience. Now, as I read the words, all of the symbols lost any meaning, becoming unintelligible abstraction... and I was confronted with the insubstantial expanse of the void. I might have been thrown into a state of panic but I looked deeper into this emptiness and saw that it was alive with intelligence and creativity. I closed my eyes for 20 minutes and when I opened them... the paperback book was gone and I had been transported into the realm of no mind.

I had been undone by the psychedelic force and shattered. Suddenly, the Self which saw through my eyes, was interconnected to all being, all minds. My heart morphed into the very same universal drum, beating within the hearts of all sentient life forms. I didn't need to read any scriptures or contemplate about the nature of awareness, for I was alive and free! To this very day, I'd like to think that the book went where it was most needed and that perhaps the sage wisdom within it's pages, was well received by the thief. Who knows, right? Laughing

RayOfLight wrote:
You can ask for answers about god and then get them from psychedelics, skeptics say always be critical of your experiences and the answers you get. Myself personally I am a believer, I believe in the psychedelic experiences I've had and the messages I've gotten about what god is.

This makes me feel good and fulfilled and my life is all the better for it. doubters can doubt all they want if that makes them happy.

Exactly, we are each given the freedom of choice, despite the theoretical nature of such a claim. Another lengthy thread on the Nexus is dealing with the technicality of this assertion but this is thankfully, not another thread (hehehe). And so too, we each define our existence by whichever dream we dream of as reality. If what the sages proclaim is truth, however relative any truth can be, it implies that all energy is, at it's core essence, intelligent Spirit. We just see this process from a multitude of vantages points, despite sharing our being in the Oneness. :idea:

I believe that the intersections of these many avenues of mind-set, are what makes our species unique. As benzyme clearly expresses, our beliefs should make us happy... or at least inspire us to learn more and more about the nature of our dream and how we fit into this paradigm. No single perception can be the ultimate perception, nor can the ego-self know the nature of the God-Self. There must be the symbiosis, the immersion. Without this state of being, call it Nirvikalpa Samadhi, Divine Rapture or Satori... it's more illusion, overlaid upon a foundation of illusory self-identification. One must go beyond the limitations of the relative, to perceive a glimpse into the absolute.

All the myriad roads of ideology in which we travel, are extensions of the way and eventually we realize that the journey itself, is the destination, before even taking one step in any direction. Simply put, heaven is where the heart is and GOD is the witness seeing from behind the eyes of all sentient existence. I would speculate that this is because the immaterial creator of all being is just as curious as we are? Who am I?

PrimalWisdom wrote:
I may have just been interacting with my own soul. But at the time it was pretty evident that it was not me, in the sense that we are all connected to this "higher power" The single thread that sewed the tapestry of our reality had showed itself to me. It was like I was taking part in an ancient ritual. And ancient and forgotten way of communing with God. A way to reconnect with our mysterious past.

At one point I became aware that I am a God, WE ARE ALL GODS. Or we are all the same God perceiving itself from different viewpoints.

You raise a fine point here, Brother. How do we make the differentiation between the infinite consciousness of the Divine and that of our own soul? I suggest that the human soul is a lens or even a doorway, by which we perceive the indivisibility of the infinite level of the Godhead. As you have clearly accessed this state of mind, it becomes self evident that as we are composed of the "cosmic stuff", we are THAT. We are all aspects and expressions of God. This is perhaps part of our mutual awakening? It makes my heart smile, to know so many other Nexian souls are attuned to this spiritual presence.

We have great need to redefine our perspective about the nature of the Divine. In this mirage of the 21st century, which only exists within the time-space continuum, we are drawn to recreate ourselves and so too, our Deity. this is where psychedelics can play a pivotal role. I say "can" because it ain't necessarily so. Nor should it be so, as we are each unique and given the right to dream any dream we choose, whether it is a dream predicated on reason or intuition. I favor the balance of the two polarities and believe very strongly, that we are on the fringes of a new, collective understanding about what it really happening behind the appearances of the universal dance.

This is perhaps why so many of us are experiencing the boundaries between our own awareness and the awareness of the Divine, as a unified in a seamless synthesis of superconsciousness. At it's very core, all of this existential phenomenon is unified in the Omniself. Despite predilections and preferences in ideologies, we are all in the same boat, so to speak. we voyage through this paradigm and see the journey form our own reference point. I am always questioning my own perceptions and keeping myself trained to NOT let my mental fixation for absolutes and irrefutable laws of existentialism affect my judgement.

To enshrine the Divine can be a trap of our own minds, if when we do so, we maintain a devout distance and use this idea as a philosophy by which we navigate from point A to point B. for all points are connected to the unified filed of The Godhead, so even within this realization, human mind seeks to propagate divisions. These subtle divisions become cavernous gulfs if we are not careful to practice mindfulness in each passing moment. In other words, we need to be vigilant about our awareness and NOT allow the ego-self to fraudulently parade about like some high priest of an entheogenic church. This is utter madness. In the end... the void devours all conceptualizations and illusory preconceptions. Shocked

The only permanence is impermanence and the only constant is change. We let all form and parameter go, as we pierce through the membrane of that I am self, only to awaken as I am Self. Assuredly, this is an ironic semantical difference, certainly, but a profound truth is hidden in this existential riddle. Within each mystery, there is a key towards understanding and within each new phase of this understanding, further mysteries to perceive. I would speculate that we can never know the infinite but... we can have our Scared Immersions and taste the nectar of Immortality. This is our birth right and our quintessential foundation is purest being. Such is the paradoxical flight of the psychonaut, eh? Wink
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

PREV123