We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
a lot of my DMT trips tell me to believe in god Options

tobecomeone00
#21 Posted : 6/16/2011 9:02:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude, you ARE GOD...plain and simple, bizarre and complex, but its true...
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

olympus mon
#22 Posted : 6/16/2011 9:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

if you were to put all the conscious energy from all the universes into a funnel and let it settle, the point at the bottle neck of the funnel were the concentration of "us" is at its highest.... that is what God feels like to me.

dmt says- maybe you shouldnt rule out God,...

but maybe rule out your previous idea of what God can be.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

giver of will
#23 Posted : 6/16/2011 12:35:49 PM

L.ife's S.ubliminal D.ream

benzyme wrote:
giver of will wrote:
I grew up in a christian family

that basically explains it.
do you think you would've come up with the concept of god on your own,
had you not been subjected to years of social conditioning?

Yes.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

obliguhl
#24 Posted : 6/16/2011 12:40:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is god to god...but there is also more than god to god.

Eden
#25 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:40:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Believing in god is just your central nervous systems way of trying to explain the unexplainable.

And just looking at all these responses, it seems everyone has a different sense of what god is.
Just as subjective as our own perception, our definitions will always limit us.

Look inward, not outward: we find god within ourselves.

MalargueZiggy
#26 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:56:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eden wrote:
۩ wrote:
Believing in god is just your central nervous systems way of trying to explain the unexplainable.

And just looking at all these responses, it seems everyone has a different sense of what god is.
Just as subjective as our own perception, our definitions will always limit us.

Look inward, not outward: we find god within ourselves.

Exactly. The problem is with the reductive terminology. Someone said "God is obsolete." Maybe the idea of a monotheistic, creator-God is obsolete, but that just means we have to use 'God' in new ways.

To me, 'God' represents the universe, it represents something I feel connected to (heightened during trips but increasingly there outside these states of mind), that I am part of, that is ultimately in me too. In terms of its manifestation within me it represents the potential I have to live in harmony with my surroundings.

To me it isn't important whether or not there is a God in the sense of a force that set off the universe. I'm fairly confident that if there is such a force, then it didn't build the universe around humanity and I don't think that it would 'judge' me for the life I lead.

I also think that if there is such a creator/judgement then it wouldn't judge me for simply not believing in it, but would take my honest account of my life.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

ewok
#27 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:00:03 PM

I think people find god because they are pre-conditioned to believe there is a god, but by definition there is no god. Even from when I was 5 and bible studies where apart of schools here I didn't believe it one bit and still don't and I think its the reason I've never had a experience of meeting "god" on dmt or any psychedelic. I've meet mighty powers but not a god. If people didn't have the idea of god implanted in their minds I don't think they would put that tag on their experience either.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

MalargueZiggy
#28 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:04:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ewok wrote:
I think people find god because they are pre-conditioned to believe there is a god, but by definition there is no god. Even from when I was 5 and bible studies where apart of schools here I didn't believe it one bit and still don't and I think its the reason I've never had a experience of meeting "god" on dmt or any psychedelic. I've meet mighty powers but not a god. If people didn't have the idea of god implanted in their minds I don't think they would put that tag on their experience either.

Hmmm, well, my background is one of militant atheism. My parents didn't even mention God to me, and I wasn't really aware of this concept until I was about 16. I've eventually settled on a comfortable agnosticism, but leaning towards some kind of life force/creator, which has definitely come about from taking entheogens. So I wouldn't say I am conditioned to find God, but then I guess I haven't found God in the sense that I feel you mean; the monotheistic Abramic God.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

ewok
#29 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:12:32 PM

MalargueZiggy wrote:
ewok wrote:

Hmmm, well, my background is one of militant atheism. My parents didn't even mention God to me, and I wasn't really aware of this concept until I was about 16. I've eventually settled on a comfortable agnosticism, but leaning towards some kind of life force/creator, which has definitely come about from taking entheogens. So I wouldn't say I am conditioned to find God, but then I guess I haven't found God in the sense that I feel you mean; the monotheistic Abramic God.

From tv movies books stories etc everyone comes across the idea of god, god means different things to different people so maybe there needs to be a new term to step away from the greatest lie ever told and move it more towards the truth.
infinite possibilities.

christian
#30 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that this voice inside of you is really telling you to find God, as in yourself, as remembering to always retain a simple clarity in this life-rather than get lost in the maze of complexity.

-let me explain..Years ago people would work a day, get paid, then use that money for their needs, and bank any excess-Then there would be motivation to do this all over again the next day. Today we are so disconnected from these simple motivated ways due to money being automatically paid into our banks that we are living on autopilot and forgetting why we are doing things. We are getting lost, and losing our ground. We are destroying the earth just out of bad habit, and not out of requirement.

-This is a worldwide issue. Life should be simple, and direct-but instead it is overly complicated, and disconnected. The simple life doesn't exist anymore...it's all done by computers these days. People don't talk anymore, they have gadgets instead. Get my drift?

-So i think that believing in God more surely means to do this by living by the ways God would want you to live, by choosing a simple life rather than choosing to follow the consumerism plagued one...Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Global
#31 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:54:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

ewok wrote:

I'm missing the part about how "by definition there is no god."
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

benzyme
#32 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:19:49 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

christian wrote:

-So i think that believing in God more surely means to do this by living by the ways God would want you to live

that implies that God is judgemental. I'd rather live by the ways of satan, at least satan doesn't judge.
but technically, it's a fu(kall.. if there is a 'god', I seriously doubt god is concerned with
what you do with your life; probably has more pressing issues to attend to. god probably
thinks you are an egocentric jerk to think the world revolves around how you live your life
as well, asking god for something every time something goes wrong, or thanking god for every little thing that goes right.

I observe that people choose to believe in a god because it makes them
feel good. so they try to attribute all things good with god, and all things bad with 'the devil', or something 'ungodly'. this is convenient, and obsolves man from responsibility and accountability, applying concepts like "repentance" and "confession".
but if god created man from his likeness, that would make us all perfect, right? so why do we
judge, and say "this is good" and "that's bad"? this would imply that god is also bad.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

The Day Tripper
#33 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:36:44 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
God is what you make him/her/it/us.

Believing in god is simply another perspective, and since most everyone has developed a strong set of opinions from their experiences, its virtually impossible to say he does or does not exist.

The only god i recognize is one that is all loving, non-judgmental, and exists only as a mandala of consciousness/information spread out throughout the universe.

As a quantum state where the essence of god/light is only viewed by observation, as thus, is always different. by observing, the observer changes what is presented, but really he is affecting everything by existing, and is perceptually limited in that he can only collapse the wave to be viewed in one point and not as a whole. that's why everyone has a different perspective on god. Because we are all have different view points, we see different variations of light reflected in different ways. Its the same light really, but that's just saying infinity is still infinity to the person next to me. Its how the light is viewed, and how your opinions and experiences have affected that viewpoint that defines your understanding of "god".

I really don't like the word either, and prefer to leave it nameless, or use "the light".
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Shayku
#34 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:48:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
DMT allows me to consciously participate in the divine mystery. Is that God?

Seems to me like the same can be said for living out life. And I guess the same question can be asked.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

christian
#35 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:56:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
[quote=christian]
-So i think that believing in God more surely means to do this by living by the ways God would want you to live

-What i meant by this was that my impression was that God ( who is in you ) was trying to tell you to believe more in God...ok, we all understand this part, but surely to believe in God must mean to trust in ones self and do what comes from the heart- this is what " god " wants from you, to believe more in yourself, without questioning the raw truth.

-Because we are the embodiement of God, it is our duty to live our best lives. We all naturally want to do what feels right, and inspires us. Using skills that work for us in this way is belief in God in action, and that is your duty in life. Anyway that's my take on it, so think of it what you like,etc...Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Wax
#36 Posted : 6/16/2011 5:18:46 PM

LUVR

I think one of the problems in talking about God is that some are thinking of the term God while others are talking about the unexplainable spirit of God.
I agree the term God is obsolete but to most it is the closest word you can use to describe the indescribable.
I think I can safely say most of us here have felt or seen the thing that some call God and we can agree that it is impossible to relate to another person. Its just a matter of what you want to call it, or what you want to believe it is.
I choose to call it God because it is the only way I can put it into a box so it is at least somewhat comprehendible to others.
As humans we have to put a word to things because we do not yet have the ability to properly convey the feeling of somthing so powerful.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

SKA
#37 Posted : 6/16/2011 6:43:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have one parent that is pretty much somewhere in between Atheism & Agnosticism.
The other believes in God, but he(my father) sees this belief as a personal belief and not as an absolute religious truth.
He doesn't go to a Synagoge and does not "practice religion".

With this I have been blessed as it provided a pretty neutral background for me. Neither of my parents forced their beliefs on me and
I was completely free to develop my own.

I have allways had a belief in a higher order of existance than our human extistance. This belief is rather an awareness of a "layer of being" that
has a guiding, nurturing and organising nature. A layer that underlies, creates and steers all other levels/dimentions of being/existance.

This I experienced allmost constantly in my early youth. Psychedelics, and especially DMT, defenitely brought this awareness back to the foreground
after it had long been repressed during puberty. In a deep DMT journey I defenitely recognise that same divine, many magnitudes higher order of existance
very strongly. It is as if in DMT(and similair compounds), this layer of being (or God if you will) has found a way to take on forms and shapes to
reveal itself to human consciousness and communicate with it. That is how I see it. Defenitely divine, allthough perhaps in a more abstract, different
than classical religious defenition of "divine"

This of course is using words to communicate an abstract experience in consciousness. And everyone will have their own words to explain such experiences.
One will call this "underlying layer of existance" God, while another calls it Life. It may be called Divine or Cosmos or any name.

I'm convinced these are all different ways to explain the same abstract experience I just tried to communicate.
People from all different religions and Ideological streams should start to realise that; maybe they will stop perceiving eachother as enemies.

toppy
#38 Posted : 6/16/2011 8:36:08 PM

Eon Worker

I was astral projecting via meditation, and then from the distance and in the middle of darkness, a figure appeared as clear as anything of a man on a cross, but it was all made out of wood, even the man. When it disappeared, i could hear breathing next to me on my bed, real heavy breathing, so i turn my head with my eyes closed, and a face appears of a women, very pale, looked very evil and as soon as i looked into her eyes i felt as if i was leaving my body and i was pinned to my bed, i had to struggle to get out of it and break out of the projection.

ewok
#39 Posted : 6/17/2011 12:17:09 AM

Global wrote:
ewok wrote:

I'm missing the part about how "by definition there is no god."

By definition "god" is a singular supreme being that created and controls the universe. If there is a higher power it is not that of the traditional god or gods hence why I think a new term is needed.

If you think a man sits in the clouds telling people to build boats because he is going to flood them I happy for you. But its a lie.
infinite possibilities.

benzyme
#40 Posted : 6/17/2011 12:22:06 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

let's call it entropy...
and it occurs regardless of how you live your life.
obviously, with entropy, comes an equilibrium (balance). this obeys the laws of energy (thermodynamics).

so do whatever the hell you want, because in the grand scheme, it really doesn't matter.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

PREV123NEXT