We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
a lot of my DMT trips tell me to believe in god Options

giver of will
#1 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:27:29 AM

L.ife's S.ubliminal D.ream

Its like this voice in my head keeps telling me I need to start believing in god whenever I smoke DMT. Its kinda like they are saying "dont rule god out of this equation" as soon as I start coming down. But the thing is I grew up in a christian family and I believed in Jesus until I was 16 or so. Every time "god" is brought up in my trips I always AUTOMATICALLY assume they mean the "god" I have "known" this entire time. I dont believe in Jesus but I do believe in a higher power and the thoughts just confuse me. I would like to know if anyone else experiences this kind of situation when they come down off of DMT.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:32:14 AM

Believing in god is just your central nervous systems way of trying to explain the unexplainable.

I understand where you are coming from, but in my humble opinion, there is far more to this equation than those three words.

God is obsolete.

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:41:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would be highly critical, especially when you have been raised with a specific concept of god.
Jesus was most likely a radical revolutionary with a strong connection to himself and the cosmos.

What is god? I would say the creation and the awareness of it - but sure, it must be more than that, since i'm just talking in human words and I don't use many.

I would ask myself, where do those toughts come from, who is in the need of "god" - what does god mean to you.

All those questions help redifining or rediscovering what has been covered up!

I truly believe we are all connected to god.

kind regards

elusive illusion

giver of will
#4 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:51:30 AM

Personally, I have come to the conclusion that I am god (on about 12 hits of liquid LSD). It just amazes me how external this experience is. Its like I am talking to a "higher" version of myself.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

giver of will
#5 Posted : 6/16/2011 1:56:53 AM

۩ wrote:
Believing in god is just your central nervous systems way of trying to explain the unexplainable.

I understand where you are coming from, but in my humble opinion, there is far more to this equation than those three words.

God is obsolete.

why the word choice "obsolete"?

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:00:18 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

I have had many such experiences. It led me from a somewhat agnostic-ish person who was generally interested in different religions to a more firm belief in a god, though the nature of that god remains a mystery to me. DMT has made me a much more religious person, although what religion exactly is a question I couldn't answer!

If you're grappling with how this all fits into a Christian past, you may want to check out gnosticism. Especially the lesser known stuff, like the Hypostasis of the Archons, and some other bits from the Nag Hammadi library. There is a lot of solid and interesting spiritual philosophy which is usually dismissed under the umbrella of being Christian. And besides, what was so bad about Jesus anyway? He seemed to know a fair bit about what was going on.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Global
#7 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:01:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I was raised in a Jewish household to believe in God, but by my teens I was a pretty clear agnostic, leaning towards atheist. My turning point in the whole matter was when I had a DMT experience in which I perceived a very distinct connection with God. Now I don't necessarily believe in the beliefs about God from Judaism or any religion for that matter, but I do believe in a higher order to things now. The way I look at it, you don't have to subscribe to a religion to be spiritual.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

giver of will
#8 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:05:13 AM

I went atheist when I was 16. I realized an existence of god when I took a little too much acid when I was a freshman in college at 18. I realized at 20 that "I" am god and I create my own reality. Its just the fact that DMT is trying to pry out my christian background that makes me so confused. I believe the church of god is in myself but of course DMT has to "question" that.

۩
#9 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:28:50 AM

Obsolete because god is a word that describes a concept that needs to be evolved.

gibran2
#10 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

DMT allows me to consciously participate in the divine mystery. Is that God?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Wax
#11 Posted : 6/16/2011 2:50:29 AM

LUVR

I have always believed in God, I used to be a christian but am now just a spiritual person. I feel like psychedelics didn't change the God I believed in but rather gave me a clearer image of God, or should I say they gave me at least some kind of image that christianity or any other religion could never provide.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

tetra
#12 Posted : 6/16/2011 3:02:06 AM

BaconBerry

What is God?

An elemental body is a mechanism filled with millions of nerve endings that directs the attention of God into the physical.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

giver of will
#13 Posted : 6/16/2011 3:31:49 AM

archaic_architect wrote:
I have always believed in God, I used to be a christian but am now just a spiritual person. I feel like psychedelics didn't change the God I believed in but rather gave me a clearer image of God, or should I say they gave me at least some kind of image that christianity or any other religion could never provide.

I understand that, but I also understand everything that house is saying as well. Its like the obvious part of my DMT trip is about the god I KNOW, and the other part is the logical part that house points out.

Wax
#14 Posted : 6/16/2011 3:54:07 AM

LUVR

But where did your central nervous system come from? The thing that gets me is that it all had to come from something. God isn't necessarily a being, but it can be. Personally I feel like somehow everything is God but when I pray or talk to God I feel like I am speaking to the energy of God, the eternal matrix of is-ness that we and every conceivable object, particle, feeling, sound....etc. is part of.
Its way to complicated for me to even try to talk about. You'll know what is right for you when the time comes, and what right for you doesn't mean it will be consistent, I think as long as you are doing what you feel you should do you are doing the right thing for yourself.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

BananaForeskin
#15 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:06:01 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

giver of will wrote:
Its just the fact that DMT is trying to pry out my christian background that makes me so confused.

Religions are generally considered to be and dismissed as collections of dogma, but there is more to it than that. In some sense that is true, in that the vast majority of the practicing populace is following a certain agreed-upon doctrine.
But each spiritual tradition, in its entirety, is far more than a single book or single idea of how things work. A spiritual tradition is an entire language of how to talk about God, gods, the universe, an afterlife, other realms, etc... Jewish/Christian/Muslim tradition is but one way people used to discuss many of the same things we discuss here, just as Hinduism has its own specific grammar for various concepts.

If anything, I think DMT is simply trying to show you what value there is in that background... don't dismiss it because, post-Council of Nicaea, things got a bit hidebound. Holy men, from Zoroaster to John the Baptist to Buddha, preached some fundamentally similar concepts, which are in turn similar to the concepts taught by psychedelics. There is much value in that.

As I said, check out the varied gnostics, they're pretty cool (and they tend to agree with House that "God" is an obsolete term... Pleroma anyone?)
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Global
#16 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:09:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

archaic_architect wrote:
But where did your central nervous system come from? The thing that gets me is that it all had to come from something. God isn't necessarily a being, but it can be. Personally I feel like somehow everything is God but when I pray or talk to God I feel like I am speaking to the energy of God, the eternal matrix of is-ness that we and every conceivable object, particle, feeling, sound....etc. is part of.
Its way to complicated for me to even try to talk about. You'll know what is right for you when the time comes, and what right for you doesn't mean it will be consistent, I think as long as you are doing what you feel you should do you are doing the right thing for yourself.

I feel like often times when we think of God, we form some mental representation (perhaps amorphous perhaps not) of God that sort of stands in for the concept. We acknowledge that the representation cannot account for all, but it's the best we have to work with in our limited capacities.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

SWIMfriend
#17 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The simple answer is: When voices speak to you, you should first become most interested in WHERE the speaking is coming from (my own idea is that it's simply your subconscious, and probably a manifestation of christian guilt).

If you can't figure out WHERE the advice is coming from, then it would be pretty crazy to want to follow it or take it to heart.

So, if I were you, I'd be most interested in what is GENERATING that "message" to you.

Ice
#18 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:13:19 AM
silently awaiting

My father is a pastor so I understand more than most the pressures of living in a Christian household. The psyches definitely supported my new ideas of "God" and spirituality, but I don't believe they helped me come to the conclusions that I have. I think at some point in every intellectual's life, they struggle with the concepts of "God" that were imbibed by our parents or leaders. It is something that you have to figure out yourself.

I'm with House on the fact that the idea of God needs to be evolved, but I also believe that evolution is only going to take place in small communities such as the Nexus. The rest of society needs the doctrines and rules of religion to abide by. As many people before me have said, the government has effectively brainwashed society into being blind followers. It amazes me how little people now-a-days truly think. Pretty sad actually.

giver of will wrote:
Its like the obvious part of my DMT trip is about the god I KNOW, and the other part is the logical part that house points out.

If an external God does exist, he would be a logical one. Don't you think? If we don't understand him, we are illogical. He would be logical enough to give us the emotional capacity to understand him on some small level. Where would the idea of God come from if we didn't feel that connection?

I'm not saying He is external or internal or that He isn't a figment of our imaginations, just a product of humans attempting to explain the world. While I am not claiming model agnosticism as my personal belief system, I do incorporate it into my beliefs. My beliefs are what they are right now until they progress. I have my personal thoughts, but they are not the end all opinion of my life. I am open to other suggestions, and until one makes an impression on me, I will continue to worship "God" the way I see fit. There is no wrong way to love "God," what ever It is.
We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

benzyme
#19 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:38:23 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

giver of will wrote:
I grew up in a christian family

that basically explains it.
do you think you would've come up with the concept of god on your own,
had you not been subjected to years of social conditioning?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

easyrider
#20 Posted : 6/16/2011 5:10:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think upbringing nor our neurological system account for all encounters with some godlike being. Either way, always think critically of your visions and messages, giver of will. Never make a drastic change of lifestyle until you've thought it out thoroughly.
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

123NEXT