We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jurema questions Options

AluminumFoilRobots
#1 Posted : 6/15/2011 10:05:19 PM

gufyg

How long must it be boiled? Is the sticky layer on top normal or am I messing it up? Is it 3x3 hrs and reduce or 3x30 min and reduce?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AluminumFoilRobots
#2 Posted : 6/15/2011 10:34:18 PM

gufyg

Also, I have used a cast iron pot and my product and the particulate have a black color that I dont remember there being before... Would this be hazardous to drink?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

BecometheOther
#3 Posted : 6/15/2011 10:34:29 PM

metamorhpasizer

i do 3X45 collect and reduce... That sticky layer is normal, it will go away when you boil it more, unless you dont have enough water and your stuff is too thick.. keep stirring it throughout.

Here check out this link for my tech, theres a write up and pics.
http://forums.mycotopia....6-clear-mimosa-tea.html

Good luck, its quite the ride!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

AluminumFoilRobots
#4 Posted : 6/15/2011 10:45:32 PM

gufyg

What about the black color? Could I have just burnt my mimosa?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

endlessness
#5 Posted : 6/15/2011 10:57:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dark layer on top is normal, seems to be the superficial oxidations of some chemicals in mimosa, but doesnt seem to affect yield. Just filter your mimosa after the boiling process.

AluminumFoilRobots
#6 Posted : 6/15/2011 11:02:18 PM

gufyg

I mean the whole brew is black... Almost grayish, instead Of the dark purplish red I am used to... I can only think I may have burned it or that residue from the cast iron...
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/15/2011 11:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive never seen that happen, sorry.... Would it be a lot of mimosa wasted?

Dont know about the iron but just in case next time better use stainless steel I guess.

BecometheOther
#8 Posted : 6/15/2011 11:07:15 PM

metamorhpasizer

Never used iron, but your supposed to use stainless steel. Or traditionally ceramic.
I would say if it is black, it is indeed tainted... i dont think you could burn it into blackness very easily unless you just let it sit there boiling furiously with no stirring for awhile...
but yeah id say its tainted, best start a new brew in a clean stainless steel pot
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

AluminumFoilRobots
#9 Posted : 6/15/2011 11:16:13 PM

gufyg

No it wasnt all of it but it was ten 9 gram doses...
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

ragabr
#10 Posted : 6/15/2011 11:28:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you using an acid? I just looked it up, and even acidic foods like tomatoes can cause corrosion in cast-iron cookware.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

AluminumFoilRobots
#11 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:03:36 AM

gufyg

I did indeed use vinegar without thinking about it... However, I have been doing some research and I don't think it would be toxic to ingest... So the question is would the iron do anything to the DMT?

We'll see if it's a particulate that can be filtered out with the powder or if it's actually dissolved in the (acidic) water.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

AluminumFoilRobots
#12 Posted : 6/16/2011 4:20:01 AM

gufyg

Actually, it can be horribly toxic
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Carrierwave
#13 Posted : 6/16/2011 5:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Buy a ceramic crockpot. Solves both the iron problem and the potential burning problem. Plus you can throw in a bunch of meat and veg and have a delicious stew.

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 6/16/2011 8:08:05 PM

gufyg

Well I'm on the road at this point and all I have is an enamled aluminum pot... Would this work or will I have to stick with cold-water extractions?

Also, I tossEd those 5 doses. What a waste!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Carrierwave
#15 Posted : 6/16/2011 9:15:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With plain aluminum the only a problem to use with hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide, etc. A lot of people just dislike aluminum cookware, I being one of them, so it gets written off even for use in everything that doesn't involve those two chemicals specifically.

Now porcelain is a different story, and can be eroded by a variety of weak and strong acids. However if you are using lemons or something in your Jurema brew, that is alright. Over time the coating with degrade if you continuously cook acidic things in the pot, but I figure it wouldn't be noticeable for a long time. Dunno, there is such a thing as being too particular about one's materials. You are going to yak it all up anyway so hey take a chance, Twisted Evil

ms_manic_minxx
#16 Posted : 6/18/2011 8:02:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is ALWAYS worth the time, effort, resources, and materials, to step back, start from scratch, and do it right if something questionable occurs. There is NOTHING more important than your health... and you definitely don't want to have to spend a journey learning that lesson the hard way.

I found a *20 liter* stainless steel pot for $60 downtown... so it's not atrociously expensive (a four liter should do most people just fine).
Some things will come easy, some will be a test