We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
free-base psilocin? Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:51:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I have the suspicion, from what i've heard from 69ron on bufotenine, that smoking free-base psilocin would be as intense as DMT, but longer lasting, like free-base bufotenine.
But the idea of making free-base psilocin seems so obvious to me and yet, i haven't heard of anyone doing it.
It's something i intend to do, but maybe there are good reasons why nobody's doing it, like if it would be a waste of mushrooms becausse it simply wouldn't work.
Or maybe i should just be a psychedelic pioneer.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 10/10/2008 2:03:43 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Worry not, some people are working along these lines, and some already have results. Those who partake on psilocin extractions do actually extract it in freebase form, even though SWIM's FOAF has never heard of anyone smoking it.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

polytrip
#3 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:32:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, 69ron says it's quite heat ressistant.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:38:56 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

polytrip wrote:
Well, 69ron says it's quite heat ressistant.

Weird, I would assume otherwise. many people consider that both psilobybin and psilocin are easily degraded by heat. As for its evaporation, my guess would be that it would behave more-or-less like it's closest relative, bufotenine.

It would still be interesting to hear from someone who has actually smoked it!

69ron
#5 Posted : 10/10/2008 10:04:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilocin is a lot more heat resistant than people believe. You can boil it for an hour in a pressure cooker with little loss of potency. But that’s not freebase psilocin (a water soluble salt form is present in the mushrooms, not freebase). I don’t know about freebase psilocin. Maybe that’s very heat sensitive?

Freebase psilocin has a melting point of 173-176 C. That’s pretty high and very similar to bufotenine (146–147 C). Bufotenine is very heat stable with a boiling point of 320 C. Psilocin’s boiling point is probably about 340 C. Just like bufotenine, psilocin is unstable in alkaline solutions. They are very close chemicals. Psilocin is 4-HO-DMT and bufotenine is 5-HO-DMT. They have the exact same elements with only the HO in a different location. That small difference in shape makes bufotenine highly water soluble and psilocin more lipid soluble.

I've heard from people on the net who claim to have smoked freebase psilocin and they say it's very DMT-like but unpleasant because it hits you really hard and fast. But I don't know if that's true or not. I don't know anyone personally who's tried it. SWIM has some frozen mushrooms from many years ago. Maybe someday he'll try it. But there's so little information about it available. What dosage would you try?

I’ve also heard you can smoke freebase LSD. I don’t believe that’s possible. But it seems logical that you could smoke freebase psilocin because you can smoke freebase bufotenine, and they are nearly identical chemicals. Freebase psilocin should be many times more potent than freebase bufotenine when smoked because it’s far more lipid soluble and should more easily enter the brain.

Bufotenine is many times more potent when smoked than when taken orally. The oral dosage is 100 mg +, the smoked dose is 2-10 mg. But part of that is from it’s high water solubility.

I think with smoked freebase psilocin, you’d probably want to start with no more than 1/10th the normal oral dosage.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 10/11/2008 8:37:57 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks 69ron, always very useful information! SWIM's FOAF will have a try on freebase psilocin since it is readily available to him.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 10/11/2008 11:01:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is very usefull information. I will be cautious not to overdose when i try it. Maybe taking it sublingually is wiser if you don't accidentally want to set yourself on fire.
At the same time, all this would make free-base psilocin a lot cheaper then DMT. At least where i live (i noticed that in the USA mimosa and p.viridis are a lot cheaper then here in europe, for some reason).

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 10/11/2008 11:13:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
for some reason

Perhaps because of higher shipping costs.

69ron
#9 Posted : 10/13/2008 6:10:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just can't see how it could not work. It must work. Psilocin (4-HO-DMT) is almost exactly the same molecule as bufotenine (5-HO-DMT), and smoking freebase bufotenine works really well. 10 mg of pure freebase bufotenine is enough for a strong visionary experience. Psilocin must be even stronger.

When taken orally, bufotenine is active at 100 mg and up. Psilocin is active at 2 mg and up. That’s 50 times stronger because it’s far more lipid soluble than bufotenine is. Bufotenine is extremely water soluble and so tricks must be used to get it to enter the brain (like using lime, or smoking it as freebase). But psilocin enters the brain pretty easily.

Normally drugs are roughly about 10 times more potent if smoked instead of taken orally. Judging by the oral dosage, I would estimate that a threshold dose of smoked freebase psilocin would be as little as 200 micrograms, so about 1 mg would be a very good dose, about equal to 10 mg of it taken orally. 3 mg would be a massive dose. If that estimate is at all accurate, it’s more potent than 5-MeO-DMT, so be VERY CAREFUL.

I would imagine that most people would probably try smoking 5-10 mg, and get completely blown out of the universe and back.

To be safe, if I were you I would try 0.5 mg first, to test the potency. Then move up from there. I doubt it’s more than 10 times stronger when smoked, but it’s possible.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#10 Posted : 10/13/2008 6:12:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiceman wrote:
IT HAS BEEN DONE... an old aquantaince (sp?) of mine told me all about it. Freebase silly was extracted from unfruited but heavy laden substrate cakes... it was vaped .. and waas supposed to be along the same lines of intensity as dmt.. with totally diffrent trip underlines. Swim has not tried it however but has no reason to doubt the guy. Upon searching the members list here he see's the person is a member here but hasn't ever seen any of his posts here. Peace !

What dose was used?

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 10/13/2008 4:21:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

69ron wrote:
Spiceman wrote:
IT HAS BEEN DONE... an old aquantaince (sp?) of mine told me all about it. Freebase silly was extracted from unfruited but heavy laden substrate cakes... it was vaped .. and waas supposed to be along the same lines of intensity as dmt.. with totally diffrent trip underlines. Swim has not tried it however but has no reason to doubt the guy. Upon searching the members list here he see's the person is a member here but hasn't ever seen any of his posts here. Peace !

What dose was used?

so you could actually just get the substrate...without any fruiting at all...and extract psilo?? this almost seems like a safer way of growing it...less time in the incubation...and you can still just eat the freebase right? you could do it all in inclosed bags...with no chance of contamination...and then just extract..

now how would SWIM go about doing that
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 10/13/2008 5:00:24 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM has been growing mycelium in the past and done crude methanolic exracts. It is doable but not as easy as ABC. Sterility is a big time issue here, so is handling large amounts of liquid, knowing when to harvest it etc. etc.

Mycelium is also really poor in alkaloids and will take some amount to do good extractions. But still, doable even though SWIM thought it is not worth the effort; seeing a mushroom growing (and then do whatever you want with it) is one of the most beautiful sights in the world.

Spacehippie
#13 Posted : 10/14/2008 2:21:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check this link out.Mushroom extraction. You guys might find it interesting.Swim has never tried it,but it does look interesting.Swim has also seen talk of this over at mycotopia forum.
Once in a while you get shone the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 10/14/2008 2:29:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

nice find!
it's a sound

69ron
#15 Posted : 10/14/2008 8:44:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spacehippie wrote:
Check this link out.Mushroom extraction. You guys might find it interesting.Swim has never tried it,but it does look interesting.Swim has also seen talk of this over at mycotopia forum.

That page talks about vaporizing 30 mg of psilocin and it being like DMT but more intense and lasting about 1 hour. The length seems perfect to me.

If 30 mg is needed, it’s likely that a lot of the psilocin is getting destroyed during vaporization.

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 10/14/2008 8:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

could it be used sublingually?
it's a sound

polytrip
#17 Posted : 10/17/2008 4:40:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh, i'm definately gonna try this one. Maybe next weekend.

Jorkest
#18 Posted : 10/19/2008 7:37:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so got the everclear...just need some shrooms
it's a sound

dimitrius_rexus
#19 Posted : 10/19/2008 11:54:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

would DCM work as an alternative to EtOH if one was to A/B?

more importantly, if it would work would it work better than ethanol
All of my posts are fiction.

benzyme
#20 Posted : 10/20/2008 3:40:15 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yes.

though it will leave a resinous product, one could recrystallize with bestine
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

12NEXT