We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Children and psychedelics Options

deedle-doo
#21 Posted : 7/3/2011 11:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everyone should always have their own choice on whether to partake.

Therefore, I don't think I child should get psychedelics until they are mature enough to understand the choice and make it independently.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#22 Posted : 7/3/2011 11:51:39 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The Grey family had a nice lecture on the subject at burning man as part of the 2003 Palanque Norte lecture series.

http://www.matrixmasters...ations/2003AlexGrey.html
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#23 Posted : 7/3/2011 11:52:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^interestingly, Maria Sabina chose to take mushrooms at the age of only about 4 or 5 years old. Her sister and her apparently recognised the mushrooms as the ones she saw other people healing with and they would eat them out in the woods and her parents would find them and carry them back home laughing and crying. They never got angry becasue they new the mushrooms were calling to them.
Long live the unwoke.

corpus callosum
#24 Posted : 7/4/2011 7:29:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

There do exist reports of children dying after ingesting psilocybin mushrooms but this may be a function of the amount ingested.

I think the culture one is nurtured in is very important when contemplating using psychedelics as a youngster.For example, the experience of a child in an indiginous setting would fare much better as the 'weird shit' they see is understood by their peers including adults, and the conclusions reached gel with their worldview.

For children in the Western/modern world, I think it would be more likely to be potentially disturbing-unless the child is at the age where wonderment exceeds inquisitiveness and a questioning attitude.

IMO, particularly in the Western setting, the partaker needs to be of a sufficiently mature outlook, and this doesnt necessarily mean the arbitrary age of 18.However, its around this age where ones key neural pathways do become established but not necessarily rigidly fixed.

These compounds will always be accessible to those who really want them, and I think they represent more than a crafty cigarette in the garage/the woods.Again, patience is most rewarding when dealing with compounds such as these.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

PREV12