We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Naphtha - what is it? where can I buy it? Options

JoeBloggs
#1 Posted : 6/14/2011 10:55:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope the subject header says it all.

Well I kind of know what it is, as it doesn't seem to be a particular thing - rather an unspecified range of hydrocarbons with a particular number of bonds but I cant just nip into the chemist and ask for that.Laughing

I have had a look around the net and trying to buy naphtha here in the UK doesn't seem immediately easy. Does it go buy any other name here or by any particular brand names?

I see the link between lighter fluid and naphtha and make the assumption that lighter fuel is the heavy kind, is that correct?

All help appreciated.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Limeni
#2 Posted : 6/14/2011 11:32:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The simplest thing to get in the UK is Zippo lighter fluid. You can get Coleman's Fuel (for camping stoves) from outdoorsy shops, but people have said that it could contain small amounts of undesirable additives, so I'm not sure about that one.

Also, use the Search button above and you will find various suggestions in previous threads. Good luck, and welcome to the forum. Cool

JoeBloggs
#3 Posted : 6/14/2011 11:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Limeni.

I did do a search for Naphtha prior to my post but I didn't find any help with my UK specific question - just needed to get that straightened out.

moz
#4 Posted : 6/15/2011 10:02:15 AM
موز

wilkinsons white spirit is easier to find and cheaper than zippo fuel and lists naptha as it's main ingredient. You can find it at Wilkinsons, funnily enough.
موز

Limeni
#5 Posted : 6/15/2011 1:24:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JB - Here's a couple of threads for you:

First One

Next One

soulfood
#6 Posted : 6/15/2011 1:57:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

moz wrote:
wilkinsons white spirit is easier to find and cheaper than zippo fuel and lists naptha as it's main ingredient. You can find it at Wilkinsons, funnily enough.

How does it smell compared to standard lighter fluid?

It's just that naphtha quite a vague term for a mix of different things and some naphtha's a soooo bad when it comes to drying.

moz
#7 Posted : 6/15/2011 6:49:59 PM
موز

Hey Soulfood.

I'm dubious to the quality of this naptha it is listed as "30% aliphatic hydrocarbons & between 15% and 30% aromatic hydrocarbons". Still I'll give it a shot. I'm not quite sure how to go about describing smells, but it does not smell particularly like lighter fluid (as far as I can recall what lighter fluid smells like). It does smell like white spirit, however.

Doing a ghetto clandestine extraction at my friends atm, in the hope of perhaps a little dmt, though this is a bashful wasteful operation. So my tools are rather lacking. I'm planning a freeze precipitation though so not too concerned about drying times.
موز

christian
#8 Posted : 6/15/2011 7:02:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moz, i read somewhere else that "bartoline low odour" white spirit from b&q -was perfect for freeze precipitation.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

d*l*b
#9 Posted : 6/15/2011 7:13:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another option for light naphtha is Primus Powerfuel, about £7 for a litre.

Regarding heavy naphtha I think the B&Q stuff is the same as Bartoline, at least last time I was looking at MSDS for them both. Give it a check yourself though, I haven’t looked into it in a fair while.
D × V × F > R

christian
#10 Posted : 6/15/2011 9:06:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
Another option for light naphtha is Primus Powerfuel, about £7 for a litre.

Regarding heavy naphtha I think the B&Q stuff is the same as Bartoline, at least last time I was looking at MSDS for them both. Give it a check yourself though, I haven’t looked into it in a fair while.

-SORRY, i made an error, yes the b&q low odour one supposedly worked fine for freeze precipitation...Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Geines
#11 Posted : 8/27/2011 10:33:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

moz wrote:

Hi. Does Wilkinsons white spirit evaporate cleanly? If not, does anyone know which one does?