We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spore syringes Options

tobecomeone00
#1 Posted : 6/14/2011 1:57:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I have been recently getting into mushroom cultivation, and am planning to order a pre-sterilized myco bag, as well as a spore syringe. Exactly how much of a yield could one expect from one of each item? Would it be smarter to order more at once to avoid shipping hassles? Grazie! Very happy
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tobecomeone00
#2 Posted : 6/14/2011 1:58:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And regarding the spore syringe, what strain would be considered 'robust' so to speak? I've read random opionions here and there, but wanted to get my fellow Nexian's view on strain quality/potency!
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:27:17 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I've never worked with a myco bag, so I can't comment there, but as to spore syringes; one syringe can yield a LOT. When I get a syringe, I inoculate 8-10 pints of liquid culture (made from corn syrup and water). Assuming that my sterile technique is good and the syringe is not contaminated, every single LC will colonize over the next 2 weeks. Once there's nice robust mycelium growth in the LC's, I use those to inoculate grain jars. There are 473cc (or ml) per pint jar. I use between 2-3cc to inoculate a quart jar of grain. 473/3 = ~157. That means I can make over 100 quarts per LC. I spawn my colonized grain to coir/verm bulk sub (and occasionally add some coffee grounds for increased nitrogen) which stretches each quart of spawn to ~2 or 3 quarts of substrate. As far as actual yield in terms of mushrooms, it varies when using LC/multispore syringe because there are a ton of competing substrains in the syringe (thus in the LC and grain and substrate). Figure your dry weight of mushrooms, under pretty ideal circumstances will equal the dry weight of your bulk sub/spawn.

As to cubensis strain, I've enjoyed growing B+ and chilean. I'm currently growing tapalpa and its coming along very nicely. Essentially, all my cube grows have looked pretty much the same. Remember, the size and whatnot will vary a LOT when using multispore. For example, the first 3 oz dry I've gotten from this grow have been between a few cm long to a 2-3 inches when dry. I currently have a tub that is putting out monsters, each easily over 6-8 inches wet (the others were max 3-4 inches). I didn't change anything for the grows, same lc, same substrate mix, but I assume a different substrain won out in this batch and it's a monster. If I was really serious about this/not moving around frequently, I would cut some tissue from these monsters and use agar to isolate the substrain so that I could consistently grow these monsters. If I unpack my camera tonight I'll shoot some comparison pics so you can see what I mean. Very happy
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

tobecomeone00
#4 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:33:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice man, I totally appreciate it, except I just came across some devastating news, which just happens to be the law here in cali. I guess its illegal to ship spores here, if its a money-exchange...WHAT A BUMMER, seriously...I'm gonna PM some vendors to see what's up, but its lookin bad...I'd try to make a spore print, but I know no one in my area who is interested in psychadelics...Looks like there's a raincloud over my pad...lol...

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:37:34 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You're right there was an asshat governor who wanted to be seen as tough on drugs, so he outlawed spores. Antrocles lives in cali and got a mushroom kit sent to him...maybe you could pm him and he could give you the vendor? Also, I think the edited to comply with supplier/vendor rules (****) will ship spore prints to california. I've never gone from print, but it may be a route worth exploring in your situation.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jbark
#6 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:38:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I've never worked with a myco bag, so I can't comment there, but as to spore syringes; one syringe can yield a LOT. When I get a syringe, I inoculate 8-10 pints of liquid culture (made from corn syrup and water). Assuming that my sterile technique is good and the syringe is not contaminated, every single LC will colonize over the next 2 weeks. Once there's nice robust mycelium growth in the LC's, I use those to inoculate grain jars. There are 473cc (or ml) per pint jar. I use between 2-3cc to inoculate a quart jar of grain. 473/3 = ~157. That means I can make over 100 quarts per LC. I spawn my colonized grain to coir/verm bulk sub (and occasionally add some coffee grounds for increased nitrogen) which stretches each quart of spawn to ~2 or 3 quarts of substrate. As far as actual yield in terms of mushrooms, it varies when using LC/multispore syringe because there are a ton of competing substrains in the syringe (thus in the LC and grain and substrate). Figure your dry weight of mushrooms, under pretty ideal circumstances will equal the dry weight of your bulk sub/spawn.

As to cubensis strain, I've enjoyed growing B+ and chilean. I'm currently growing tapalpa and its coming along very nicely. Essentially, all my cube grows have looked pretty much the same. Remember, the size and whatnot will vary a LOT when using multispore. For example, the first 3 oz dry I've gotten from this grow have been between a few cm long to a 2-3 inches when dry. I currently have a tub that is putting out monsters, each easily over 6-8 inches wet (the others were max 3-4 inches). I didn't change anything for the grows, same lc, same substrate mix, but I assume a different substrain won out in this batch and it's a monster. If I was really serious about this/not moving around frequently, I would cut some tissue from these monsters and use agar to isolate the substrain so that I could consistently grow these monsters. If I unpack my camera tonight I'll shoot some comparison pics so you can see what I mean. Very happy

^-8 inches - c'mon, your LC is syrup, water and a very popular pfizer growth product Very happy .

CLONE CLONE CLONE you CLOWN!

Jspore
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

tobecomeone00
#7 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:41:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I checked out the ****, and I guess they specialize in edible mushrooms as opposed to cubensis strains, tho it was an awesome referal. I was thinking about the grow kit, I emailed homestead books to see what they're deal was...As far as PMing antrocles, how would I locate him within the threads? Thanks bud, your help is appreciated greatly right now...

tobecomeone00
#8 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:44:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did antrocles recieve spores with the kit, do you know?

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:51:28 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Check the strain list at **** again...they definitely have cubes. Here's Ant's growbox thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=9971

JB...I'm about to post a pficture of my bigguns fer ya...should be harvesting them in a few hours.
SnozzleBerry attached the following image(s):
DSCN0698.JPG (871kb) downloaded 203 time(s).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

tobecomeone00
#10 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:54:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice man, Im gonna check out **** again...thanks so much man, let's see those badboys!

tobecomeone00
#11 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:54:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW! AMAZING! MUSHROOM ENVY! LOL....Seriously man, good trippin!!!!

jbark
#12 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:59:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Check the strain list at **** again...they definitely have cubes. Here's Ant's growbox thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=9971

JB...I'm about to post a pficture of my bigguns fer ya...should be harvesting them in a few hours.

Are those HBs? With erasers at the end? Smile

Length is strength, girth is worth. (girth is mirth?)Embarrased

Impressive length though!

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

tobecomeone00
#13 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:59:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DUDE, I just found Golden Teacher on the ****...guess I didn't look hard enough, but wow, thanks man..invaluable site...I've never dealt with spore prints before, tho...is it simple enough to convert it into a spore syringe?

tobecomeone00
#14 Posted : 6/14/2011 3:02:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does it even need to be converted in order to inoculate a myco bag, or say, a jar of substrate?

jbark
#15 Posted : 6/14/2011 3:02:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tobecomeone00 wrote:
DUDE, I just found Golden Teacher on the ****...guess I didn't look hard enough, but wow, thanks man..invaluable site...I've never dealt with spore prints before, tho...is it simple enough to convert it into a spore syringe?

Very easy, using the same sterile technique used in the first stages of cultivation. I make syringes from my own prints - it's simple! go for it!

tobecomeone00
#16 Posted : 6/14/2011 3:17:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Um, any good links on how to do this? I'm a bit new to this, I mess with spice mainly...

SnozzleBerry
#17 Posted : 6/14/2011 3:39:52 AM

omnia sunt communia!

jbark wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Are those HBs? With erasers at the end? Smile

Length is strength, girth is worth. (girth is mirth?)Embarrased

Impressive length though!

What's a HB?

Look...I have chode-like shroomies as well from the other batches...I've gotten short and fat and long and skinny...I just need to figure out how to get somewhere in between...then I will have the ultimate sexualshroom. Very happy

Tobe...check out this link to start: http://www.shroomery.org...-to-make-a-spore-syringe
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

jbark
#18 Posted : 6/14/2011 1:02:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

What's a HB?

Cool

jbark attached the following image(s):
Pencils_hb.jpg (118kb) downloaded 152 time(s).

xebiche
#19 Posted : 6/18/2011 10:43:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When the mycobag myceliates transfer its contents to 3 times the amount of pasteurized straw; mix and compress the material in an icebag. If a mycobag is similar in volume to a half gallon jar then you should get over 2 ounces of dried product. Order Golden Teacher from Earthstongue and you are all good. Just bounce them to a a friend in another state. Then your friend can send them to Cali.
Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back