We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
why is dmt so underground ??????? Options

DMTripper
#61 Posted : 10/11/2008 11:15:17 PM

John Murdoch IV

I've used Noman's tek and naptha with good results but would like to hear from others that have tried the Nomans tek and some other teks for comparison. How does it compare to other tek's?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WSaged
#62 Posted : 10/12/2008 12:08:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
this is way off topic again but what extraction do u use naptha? ether? which tek do find works best

I'm using "Vovin's Tek", (an A/B tek) almost to the letter and freeze precipitating rather than evaporating. Plus I'm using a Buchner Funnel/Filter to do all the filtering, a real Seperatory funnel for the separations and a pH meter for accuracy. Those things really do help a ton with purity & yield IMO!! I didn't have then for the first couple of extractions I did and wouldn't want to try that mess ever again. And their not really very expensive if you get them on Ebay. I think I paid $40 for the sep funnel & $60 for the Buchner setup. Well worth it if your planning on doing more than just one extraction!!!

I usually end up with .80mg to 1g out of 100/120g of powdered MHRB. I'm pretty sure using the Buchner filter (aka, vacuum filter) to pull all moisture out of the bark material after the acid soaking, is one reason for my somewhat large yield. If there is any acid liquid left in the bark material, then there is acidic DMT left in there as well!! When I'm done filtering out the acidic liquid with the Buchner filter, the bark material is back to being completely dry, its like a tight, little, dirt hockey puck. I have to cut it up with a knife to get it back into the flask for the 2nd & 3rd soaks!!
You just can't get that using coffee filters or T-shirts and letting it drip out or even squeezing it out.

...Whoa, I'm getting off topic too, hope that helps someone.

Later,

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

travinski
#63 Posted : 10/12/2008 1:17:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nice i was thinkin bout usin nomans the picture of the crystals kinda sealed it for me plus its simple in terms of no ph meters and ratio's instead
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Darkbb
#64 Posted : 10/12/2008 1:52:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My First Extraction w/Pics This is the pics from my first extraction very simple using Nomans Tek.

travinski
#65 Posted : 10/12/2008 3:23:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sweet but..... the milk jug thing i hear is a bad idea coz of the plastic i thought your only supposed to use glass...i bought a turkey baster but all i could find was plastic does it matter?
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

benzyme
#66 Posted : 10/12/2008 3:28:25 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

depends on the solvents and type of plastic used, but yeah, some nonpolars are typically not compatible with some plastics. for example, xylene will seep into plastic, cause it to swell, and slowly dissolve it

glass is definitely more suitable for the task
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

WSaged
#67 Posted : 10/12/2008 7:20:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
plus its simple in terms of no ph meters and ratio's instead

Unfortunately, using ratios is pretty inaccurate. The pH levels of drinking, spring, distilled and tap water all differ. Especially tap water, which differs a ton according to where you live. Of course, tap water is not recommended for doing extractions anyway and this is one of the reasons why.
I test the distilled water I use, before using it and even the pH of distilled water can differ between separate bottles and/or brands, not that much, but this does effects those ratios.

Mimosa bark will also differ in its acidic levels, a lot!!
So 100 grams of MHRB from one source and 100 grams of MHRB from another source, added to identical solutions can produce very different pH levels. Up to 3 or 4 pH values in my experience.
This is something I've checked out myself, not just something I've read.
As long as you have the same water, bark, lye etc... those ratios should be the same, but a pH meter is really much more simple, IMO.
A digital pH meter is about $20-$40 on Ebay and will take the guess work out of the equation.

Still, plenty of folks do successful extractions using ratios of MHRB-to-water-to-lye instead of exacting pH levels.
Myself however, I like my DMT to be as "kitchen-pure" as possible!! And Like I said before, I get .08mg to 1g of clear-to-white crystals from 100-120 grams of MHRB. And thats straight out of freeze precipitation!! I've done recrystallizations on it in the past, but it doesn't get any cleaner than clear-to-white.
If I was buying it from someone/where else, I guess I would expect it to be less pure, or at least be more OK with it. But I'm extracting this DMT myself, why would I bother to go through this whole process and take the risk, for an inferior product? That doesn't make any sense to me.
If I was to grow my own pot, I wouldn't grow shitty, brown, "ditch-weed" just because it was easier or faster. Who chooses to smoke that shit? I'd grow the best, most potent, hydroponic I was able to grow!! Same thing with DMT!! The process really isn't any harder to do super clean, may take a tiny bit longer though.

Basically, I've found that when you try to extract DMT quickly and/or easily (or easier) you'll end up with a smaller yield & dirtier product.
I work in the recording industry and there is a saying, that refers to quality, "if you put crap in, you get crap out".

...2 cents

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

travinski
#68 Posted : 10/12/2008 9:45:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey that all makes sense and i appreciate the info...will do the ph check would a pool/spa store have a proper digital ph meter? and do you use nomans tech?the vortex tech sounds like alot of unecessary steps, thanks for the info

WSaged
#69 Posted : 10/12/2008 10:21:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
hey that all makes sense and i appreciate the info...will do the ph check would a pool/spa store have a proper digital ph meter? and do you use nomans tech?the vortex tech sounds like alot of unecessary steps, thanks for the info

No, most Pool & spa stores, at least in my city, only carry pH strips. Unfortunately, those are close to useless when your testing for basification because the liquid is pretty much brown/black. So reading the strips is close to impossible. Also, they usually don't go to high enough and/or low enough for what you'll need to be needing to check.
So look around, you may get lucky and find one at a pool store, but Ebay is your best bet!!
pH meters are used for all kinds of things, so there is nothing suspicious about buying one.

I use "Vovin's tek" now, almost to the letter, not vortex.
Yes, there are a lot of steps to it, but what those steps are doing, is removing the fats & oils etc... during the process, before crystallizing. Rather then trying to clean that stuff out of your crystals, after the process. Which by the way, is adding extra steps to the other seemingly shorter teks, so be sure to add those in.
Like I said, it takes a little longer, but when your done, your done. Clean & clear & ready to vaporise, nice & smooth-like!!
It reads a whole lot harder than it really is in practice!

Definitly not unnecessary in my opinion!!!
But I do like mine as pure as possible!!

WS

acolon_5
#70 Posted : 10/12/2008 10:42:12 PM

The Great Namah

travinski wrote:
sweet but..... the milk jug thing i hear is a bad idea coz of the plastic i thought your only supposed to use glass...i bought a turkey baster but all i could find was plastic does it matter?

If one is using a STB tek I highly suggest not using glass. NaOH etches glass and will weaken it over time. Having your glass container shatter not only will make a huge mess, but will splatter highly basified mimosa gloop everywhere.

As long as you are using naphtha as your NP solvent HDPE (2) milk jugs are fine. Xylene and Toulene will eat HDPE (2) jugs...so don't use em!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

travinski
#71 Posted : 10/12/2008 11:37:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm makes me wonder where everyone on ebay would get em(digital ph). ACOLON_5 so milk jugs would be a good idea then? im using naptha and pure lye crystals....what about metals?i know any aluminumm is bad but thats not really in use anymore for pots n pans n such, i have a crock pot which i intend to use ....and what about jars if the metal lids arent stainless for the precip coz i think most arent?

travinski
#72 Posted : 10/12/2008 11:41:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry my bad the only thing going in the jars is the naptha

travinski
#73 Posted : 10/14/2008 4:29:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

qoute from other dbl posted thread "Fucking good question. Because mass participation would destroy the drug."

travinski
#74 Posted : 10/14/2008 4:30:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ya but it think the internet is going to change all that. in time more and more people will stumble upon this and its going to be too many of the wrong people possibly causing it to break into the mainstream and getting a bad rep and the gov will prob enfore stricter laws on the MHRB and other herbs. salvia is already illegal in kansas i hear. meth was always illegal but its use sky rocketed because people found out how easy it is to make it....via internet and the media. everybody wants to be a chemist and blow someones mind

Mano
#75 Posted : 10/16/2008 7:19:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You wanna know what's really underground ? . .

. .

. .

. . . . ~magma~

~ be excellent to each other . . and - - -

Darkbb
#76 Posted : 10/16/2008 8:33:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

is it dangerous to only do a few (3 or 4) short pulls with xylene (for the jungle spice) in some hpde 2 plastic? since swim has some basified mhrb and doesnt have a glass container to do the extraction in

benzyme
#77 Posted : 10/16/2008 11:23:52 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

get one
or use stainless steel. xylene will dissolve plastic

swim once made the very dumb mistake of taking the pH of xylene after a basification, the housing of the probe started to degrade

test it out on a milk jug or detergent bottle
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

amor_fati
#78 Posted : 10/16/2008 11:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:

swim once made the very dumb mistake of taking the pH of xylene after a basification, the housing of the probe started to degrade

SWIM knows how that feels.

benzyme
#79 Posted : 10/16/2008 11:51:32 PM

analytical chemist

hehe

live and learn

travinski
#80 Posted : 10/18/2008 12:04:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow nomans tek fukn rocks i just did my 1st extract, havent had a chance to weigh it yet but i only used 50g mhrb looks like bout half gram at least of clear crystals havent washed em yet either but im fuckin impressed. i also got my hands on a ph meter ....any hydroponics store has em

«PREV2345NEXT