We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
why is dmt so underground ??????? Options

travinski
#1 Posted : 10/9/2008 11:00:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was just curious about why this drug hasn't broken through into the mainstream. you would think that if its the most intense psychotic out there hippies would have made it popular years ago. SWIM has personally never done it but they have been in the process of aquiring the ingredients to do theyre first extraction. the only way SWIM found out about this is reading the lyrics to rosetta stoned by tool where he says "yogi-dmt" and then SWIM did a search and have been fascinated with this. so i pose this question " this is one of the most powerful and oldest drugs today why do so few people know about it?"
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

travinski
#2 Posted : 10/9/2008 11:06:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry i posted twice... my bad and if this is in the wrong category i also apologize
travinski is an alter ego and not a real person, i also like to play dress up when im not playing fictional chemist

benzyme
#3 Posted : 10/9/2008 11:29:48 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

because that's how we (the psychonauts) prefer it.

fin
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

travinski
#4 Posted : 10/9/2008 11:57:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well i guess thats a pretty simple answer but doesnt really explain it. almost everyone has heard of lsd and mushrooms and theres always people looking for a bigger and badder high. when they find it they usually tell their friends and so on. therefore the drug gains popularity, with this intense experience you would think people would have to talk about

benzyme
#5 Posted : 10/10/2008 12:07:57 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

it's like fight club.
we just don't really talk about it.

no seriously, dmt is sacred; the pinnacle of altered experiences, hands down.
it's not particularly profitable, lasts only a few minutes, and scares the shit out of some people.

we prefer it that way.

it's already unfortunate DMT was caught in the net of the CSA in 1970, with actual abused drugs
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#6 Posted : 10/10/2008 12:21:24 AM

analytical chemist

but feel free to discuss it to your heart's content here. Smile

it's the common bond we all share, respect for this incredible molecule.

travinski
#7 Posted : 10/10/2008 12:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey!!!! your not supposed to talk about fight club. well i guess your right in terms of profit i guess the most profitable drugs are the most popular ie. cocaine, heroin , weed but lsd has never really been that profitable and everyone picks shrooms but im just suprised that even my most experienced friends have never heard of this......i guess maynard blew the whistle for me, him and alex grey's art work

moracca
#8 Posted : 10/10/2008 12:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travinski wrote:
almost everyone has heard of lsd and mushrooms and theres always people looking for a bigger and badder high.

I think part of what's going on here may be that DMT isn't exactly the next bigger, badder high... its much more than that and much deeper. not something to be taken lightly and not something to get you f*cked up... Just my speculation, as i don't really know from first hand experience.

travinski
#9 Posted : 10/10/2008 12:59:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes but people do mushrooms and lsd to alter their state of perception which is what this does ......but on a much higher level from what ive read, so those same people you would think would want to spread the word about this to their friends

moracca
#10 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:01:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suppose you're right, but all I can say is that I can think of more than a few people who use or have used lsd and mushrooms to get fucked up, and I wouldn't consider introducing them to DMT simply due to their lack of respect

travinski
#11 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:10:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep and they did it because of the popularity of it and word of mouth ......dunno it just doesnt make sense to me and swim wants to try it not to get "fucked up" but to see what its about, like the saying "gotta try everything once" this seems like it should be at the top.

moracca
#12 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:17:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah but my point is those people WERE just doing it to get fucked up, and DMT would be the same for them. Problem is DMT is NOT the same as LSD. While neither should be taken lightly, it seems to me that DMT requires quite a bit more research and prep work than most of the other psychedelics, and most casual users simply are not willing to do that. To each his own though.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:18:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it also has to do with the fact that lsd and psilocybin have been very known and used since the 60s.. DMT, on the other hand, was limited to the few intrepid adventurers that travelled to the amazon to get to know ayahuasca, and the very very limited dmt synthesis and extractions.

Only in the last few years the dmt teks have improved and gotten spread, as well as mimosa hostilis becoming a known good source of dmt and being sold all around.

So there is this part, of being relatively new in terms of popularization.

Then there is what benzyme and others said, that DMT seems to impose a big respect on people. Mushrooms and LSD could too, but it seems they more easily lend themselves to recreational use (specially with people ´fiddling´ with small doses)

DMT is rarely sold, usually people extract it on their own and only give it away for those around them. So this decreases the amount of people actually getting contact with it. Normally those extracting will have researched a lot before, so they will have more respect to it. So without the financial incentive, plus the respect involved, this means it will rarely be passed on as the ´super best high´ or something like that..

and ayahuasca, the natural oral version, is basically impossible (imo) to be used recreationally. There´s a lot of suffering involved, with all the vomiting and purging in general. and you tend to see your mistakes, face the hard truth. Its not something the common drug user wants.

travinski
#14 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:22:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

and at the same time this sacred and spiritual experience should be shared not kept in the dark if it is actually what people say ......even with it being illegal. if it scares people noone is making them do it except themselves and if one chooses not to, hey to each his own. i just think that its selfish and wrong not to share this with like minded people but that doesnt mean im gonna go on a mission to tell the world. just trusted friends, but i guess most people that have done it just keep it to themselves which seems odd

endlessness
#15 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:29:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travinski wrote:
and at the same time this sacred and spiritual experience should be shared not kept in the dark if it is actually what people say ......even with it being illegal. if it scares people noone is making them do it except themselves and if one chooses not to, hey to each his own. i just think that its selfish and wrong not to share this with like minded people but that doesnt mean im gonna go on a mission to tell the world. just trusted friends, but i guess most people that have done it just keep it to themselves which seems odd

I give you another explanation why

because extraction is VERY simple with one particular plant source: mimosa hostilis

if it was to get more famous, maybe police catching people with it, there would be more attention to dmt, and consequently to it´s natural plant source. This could lead into the regulation of mimosa hostilis, which would fuck it up for everyone. (sure there are infinite other plant sources but still with mimosa its sooooooo easy)

Plus, people are not ´just keeping it for themselves´.. They are also not shouting out of their lungs full force.. It stays in a very healthy in-between.

It´s a pretty reasonable thing, if you just think about it: instead of telling everyone about it, better to tell in small groups by people that you know have some sort of conscience to understand and appreciate it. They will in turn tell people and so on, but keeping it low key

It´s a sort of initiatory process, which is spreading but not exageratedly. This way, it prevents ´noise´ from getting into the system. Just think about how normal school classes work much better if its small intimate groups than huge groups where the teacher can´t know shit about each student, there´s loads of misunderstanding and little possibility of solving them.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:31:12 AM

analytical chemist

travinski wrote:
this seems like it should be at the top.

it is.

Quote:
piracetam said:
dmt

everything else

Darkbb
#17 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:38:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is totally off topic but I love it when songs talk about strong psychedelics such as DMT.

I believe that a big factor keeping it from becoming extremely popular is that its more of a teacher than a "feel-good" high. From my experiences dmt chooses what kind of experience it wants me to have. It IS the most intense psychedelic experience one can have (to my knowledge). When I had my first breakthrough it was completely out of control, out of body, and so intense I concluded that I had died mainly because I believed it couldn't be possible for a human to have experience so insanely powerful and overwhelming. But now having that first experience I believe I can enter hyperspace with ease and the ride would be much smoother and enjoyable. Many people wouldn't ever touch dmt after having a death related breakthrough.

Many of the people I know wouldn't enjoy a breakthrough experience. (Although my cat has given out doses of dmt that weren't breakthrough and the lucky people LOVED it lol). Also it can be quite a job to acquire it depending on your circumstances, what method you use, and the availability of materials. The most difficult part of producing it for my cat was finding a decent scale to measure out the ingredients.

For alot of people it is just too intense : ).

One of the lucky people my cat smoked dmt with said he had been looking for it ever since he had heard about it about 3 years before. (So the saying "DMT finds you" is very true Smile imo)

travinski
#18 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:42:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yep your right about the keepin it quiet its kinda makin sense but i guess its only a matter of time before someone fucks it up for everyone ....luckily i live in canada and we are pretty passive with our drug laws

benzyme
#19 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:43:38 AM

analytical chemist

so SMIM's noticed.

law enforcement up here seems pretty lax.

still prefer the underground mystique dmt tends to vibe.

underground > mainstream
on so many levels

travinski
#20 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:51:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

darkbb TOOL is all about this listen to parabol, 46 and 2 , rosetta stoned, i think the best video that has dmt implications is "vicarious" but anyway ....waaaay off topic

123NEXT»