We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The fall of the world... Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 10/9/2008 10:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so the stock markets are crashing...the dow jones has fallen about 1500 points this week alone...the world is in transition...and its time to decide how we want it to be...so make some decisions...do you want to be controlled by the banks anymore?? there is so many things to get ready..and its a good time to do it...before you arent able to buy wind mills or solar panels...or seeds...or magical plants...its time to stock up for the end of the world my good friends..

it is upon us
it's a sound

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:07:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

It seems that now more than ever, stocking up on several months worth of food (in the form of dry/canned goods) and a handful of guns isn't such a bad idea.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:38:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

and if possible...get away from cities..
it's a sound

polytrip
#4 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:17:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It may sound harsh, but i'm actually glad that al this is happening. It wouldn't be good if an immoral system would continue to exist.
Politicians have adopted the ideology of the so called 'invisible hand', not because they ever realy believed that this invisible hand would indeed fix everything they promised it would fix. Nobody ever really believed that greed would bring wealth and happiness to all of us.
If you say you would want slavery back, everywhere where it's abolished, that you don't want everybody to get fair chances in life, that you would want an indian type of class-society, with the lower castes being totally exploited and even their most basic human rights totally ignored, you wouldn't make yourself popular (at least not outside the satanic realm of the republican party).
Saying that you would want the market to fix everything eventually gives you the same result, but you can always say that this wasn't your intention, or that the invisible hand wasn't given enough space and we need even more greed, that we just weren't greedy enough and if we would be, then everything would be alright.
the CEO's who took billions, just before their banks went bankrupt defended their behaviour by saying that indeed greed is good, as if they took all those millions for the sake of good ethic's instead of ego-gratification.
The western civilization has been ignoring all it's major problems for too long. This economic crisis is nothing, compared with how much worse things are actually going to get, if we refuse to reconsider what's really important to us, what our moral principles are, what they're worth and if we thus refuse to reïnvent our own civilization, our culture.
The strange thing is that there is no rational reason for not doing this. On the contrary, it can only bring us good things and it would be fun and exciting and yes, also a little demanding. But not half as demanding as worldwide droughts, nuclear warfare and whatnot.
I have always been an optimist. These are great times to live in with all the opportunities we have, our civilization has brought us. Opportunities to learn and share.
Deep down inside, everybody has a good heart and i would say that in most people, at least some of all this good comes out every now and then.
But our system has been just too forthcoming, to our weaknesses.
And greed, esspecially when you start admiring yourself for it, is a sign of the greatest weakness a human being can have... a weakness of heart.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 10/10/2008 2:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't forget water purification systems! And I somehow agree with polytrip. We need something new. The old system stops working as predicted. Even if this is just a hiccup, the system will fail at some point, because it's designed to fail.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/10/2008 2:52:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

indeed it is designed to fail...personally...a system like Hyperspace seems like a great way to reorganize this reality...because on the otherside...everything is equal...
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:34:49 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Dammit I love destructions but the system we live in is too bastard to die... I think that it is going through a serious illness at this point but it may manage to cure itself. Not many signs that the illness is terminal.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:43:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

except that there are TONS of signs that the illness is terminal....just look at the credit system...all money..and i mean ALL money is loaned with interest...that means..for every dollar in your pocket...the people of the world have to pay the central banks that dollar back with INTEREST! what that means is that there isnt enough money in the whole world to pay off the interest...its just not there..it doesnt exist...

this leads to a large gap between the rich and the poor...the rich are leeches taking money(energy) from the world...because everybody is working their balls off trying to pay off their loans...this means that to pay off your loans..you need to take money from somebody else...and where does that person get money to stay alive...they have to get loans...and loans mean more interest...and more interest means more dept...its a never ending cycle..

the more money the governments of the world put into the system the worse its going to get...

look at Iceland! their economy has collapsed...just look it up..check the news..and you will see how much trouble the world is in...
it's a sound

BoyPony
#9 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:51:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Market down another 600 this morning-yikes. This could be the big one, friends!
Has anyone heard the buzz in the UFO world about a HUGE UFO parking over the southern US (of course-they never land in yankee territory) on 10-14? It's supposed to park there for 3 days to stop the government from trying to cover it up. And it is supposed to aid us in the transition to the "next level" of existence........Now wouldn't that be cool! Just in case it happens- you heard it here 1st.
Any experiences I or SWIM mention have happened only in my nightly dreams.

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:52:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha we have already discussed it:-P

might be int the October 7th HUGE EVENT!!! thread
it's a sound

burnt
#11 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:00:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

the world monetary system is a complete failure and needs to change. but i do not think the world is going to end. we will previal the system will slowly change with hopefully minimal death and destruction.

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:03:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh oh sorry..i didnt mean the world was going to end...but it is going to end as WE KNOW IT...say goodbye to the old..and be sure to welcome the new
it's a sound

burnt
#13 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^ i'm down for that Smile

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:06:43 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
except that there are TONS of signs that the illness is terminal....

Yeah, I know but conservative wisdom has shown that that the system can survive such crises. Insofar, past crises have led to a 4-5 years of repression, then the bastards of this world manage to rise again standing on our shoulders.

Or even worse things may follow; Just see how religious movements are building up. They have been quite organised the last few years building a solid infrastructure and amidst the fog of a crisis they wait to "save" all the world. In other words, what may follow the current crisis if the finance system does not survive is going to be a modern medieval-religious era.

Whatever happened to my optimism lately???

Jorkest
#15 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:08:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes i can see your point....and i think that is why these entheogens are making such an impact...this is the new way to see the world
it's a sound

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:11:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when everybody is freaking out...looking for a meaning...there will be those of us who have been to heaven and hell..and we will be able to help people through this change...this is what i feel we are here to do
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#17 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:15:21 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

You can tell this to my grandmother (or any other grandmother)Laughing Your average person is more likely to run in a church to pray to some lord for his money and life, not listening to "druggies" like out lot!

polytrip
#18 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:57:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
And at the presidential debates, still all those promises.
America is no longer the power it once was, exept from it's nuclear wheapons. It's like at the beginning of the 20th century, everybody still believed that the brittish ruled the world, but in fact america was allready there. It just took some time (and two terrible wars)for everybody to realize it.
Now, china already is the new superpower we expect it to be in 50 years from now. We just don't realize it yet. (shanghai already has more skscrapers then NY and more building cranes working to build more of them, then there are in whole of europe)
Clinging on to the dominant position we once had will only make things worse for us.
Obama or McCain can say that they will not tolerate Iran to have nuclear wheapons, but without it's european allies, China, India and Russia, america has nothing to say there anymore.
Another war in Iran, would most definately be the end of the USA, even if america would win there.
We, the west should, if we so desperatly want to have some power, go for great moral power. Nelson Mandela and Gandhi have shown us how this is possible. They have practiced the belief in human rights that we have mostly preached.

DrParadox
#19 Posted : 10/10/2008 6:13:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
It seems that now more than ever, stocking up on several months worth of food (in the form of dry/canned goods) and a handful of guns isn't such a bad idea.

Prices are low! I say time to stock up on stocks.

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 10/10/2008 6:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

granted people wont listen to druggies...but people will listen to good reason...and when they see everything else failing they will flock to strength and stability...and i feel that to do the things that we pretend to do...gives a stability of mind and spirit..people will see that strength...and they will support it...that is how i see us helping this change
it's a sound

12NEXT