We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using old limonene Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 6/10/2011 11:48:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you guys every use old limonene for extracting (dmt or mescaline) ? How were the yields? IIRC, limonene can oxidize into Carvone, which is also a terpenoid, but I have no idea how fast this oxidation happens with a significant amount of limonene stored in a closed bottle, and neither if carvone would dissolve alkaloids well or if there would be any issue with that.

Anybody that tested using either reused old limo or clean but old limo can share their experience please? Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 6/10/2011 1:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I always wash limonene with Hcl, then NaOH, then Hcl again.

It can then be filtered through activated charcoal.

Obviously distilation's best if you have the kit, but using the above method I never notice much of a drop in yields and impurity's are quite negligable.

Xt
#3 Posted : 6/10/2011 3:32:35 PM

Limonene will not easily distill as is. It will need to be steam distilled with a portion of water, and the distillate phases separated. It also gets quite hot during this process.

Ive no idea how fast the oxidation occurs. Apparently moisture is a factor so perhaps to avoid this one could simply use a drying agent in the container, and filter the solvent before use.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

ThirdEyeVision
#4 Posted : 6/16/2011 6:28:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xt wrote:
Limonene will not easily distill as is. It will need to be steam distilled with a portion of water, and the distillate phases separated. It also gets quite hot during this process.

Ive no idea how fast the oxidation occurs. Apparently moisture is a factor so perhaps to avoid this one could simply use a drying agent in the container, and filter the solvent before use.

My friend has done a standard distillation of yellow used limonene and resulted in crystal clear limonene. No water was added for steam and it worked fine. It did take high heat he said though.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Xt
#5 Posted : 6/16/2011 6:42:01 PM

Was a vacuum used?

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

ThirdEyeVision
#6 Posted : 6/16/2011 9:35:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xt wrote:
Was a vacuum used?

No, just your standard distillation apparatus with a graham condenser on a hot/stir plate.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Trips
#7 Posted : 10/7/2011 11:18:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I suggest not trying the steam distillation.

.... Even with equipment meant for dealing with that kind of volume, 8 hours later and I had like... a quarter cup distilled. The boiling point of water is just too far off I think. And Heating it to 176 degrees C to distill it scares me... on account of its very low flash point and my lack of kitchen fumehood.

kemist
#8 Posted : 10/22/2011 11:40:31 AM

John

parrot is about to use old (not pre used , just about year old ) limonene and it`s very nervous.

They are two limonenes on market as far as he remember, think he has the more stable one , well he`ll see Confused
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!