We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
how to cause a break through ? Options

tehtor
#1 Posted : 6/10/2011 5:44:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has smoked dmt and changa perhaps a hundred times now with gvg.. Dosages as low as 25mg and as high as 70

SWIM has yet to break through and I don't know why.. Many many extreme psychedelic visions but never thought SWIM had left the room.. Every set and setting you can come up with.. What do you think could be wrong?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Global
#2 Posted : 6/10/2011 6:03:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

How do you have your GVG set up? Are you using screens? A copper mesh? Herbs? What kind of lighter are you using? Are you holding in your hits as long as possible? Do you get everything in one hit or several? Sometimes it's a matter of taking a break for a few days so you can integrate your experiences in your every day life (i.e. what does it mean to you...write a poem/song, make a painting, etc...). Make sure your ceramic filter isn't clogged from soot buildup. You can test this by simply inhaling without lighting anything and you shouldn't get too much resistance.

What I found to be really helpful is that when you're filling the GVG with vapor, it helps if it gets really harsh and thick that you stop clearing it, hold the vapor in your lungs for 3-5 seconds and then the harshness should go away and your lungs should settle down. Once they do, without exhaling what's already in your lungs, clear the rest. Even if they felt kind of full before, you should be able to clear it, and chase it with a drop of air at the end to make sure you get all that vapor in your lungs so it's not caught in your mouth and throat. When you finally exhale, you know you've held it in long enough because you shouldn't see any white vapor in your exhale. If you're still struggling to breakthrough, I would add MAOIs to the mix.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

tehtor
#3 Posted : 6/10/2011 6:09:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim has done all of the above and just about every variation you could think of.. Best so far is changa on a thin later of mullein.. Do some people need hero doses to break through..swim hasnt tried more than 70mg

ewok
#4 Posted : 6/10/2011 6:54:57 AM

Have you tried complete silence in complete darkness?
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

tehtor
#5 Posted : 6/10/2011 12:54:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes

DoctorMantus
#6 Posted : 6/10/2011 1:25:46 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Maybe they dont believe you are ready to enter yet.

What are your intentions? what do you want from Spice?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

ewok
#7 Posted : 6/10/2011 1:27:19 PM

I wouldn't worry about the breakthrough if it happens it happens, also I don't think its the amount its more likely smoking technique or low quality dmt. Also possible what you expect of a breakthrough isn't what it is for you.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

justine
#8 Posted : 6/10/2011 1:56:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You should check your technique, 70mg of dmt vaped with a GVG seems like a VERY LARGE dose, most people need only around 30mg to breakthrough with this device.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

tetra
#9 Posted : 6/10/2011 2:09:26 PM

BaconBerry

Have you incorporated the vine? I find a few shots of caapi tea prior to freebase can really help you go deeper. You can sip your vapor with more leisure rather than trying to gobble it all down before your body breaks the DMT down. Plus of course it potentiates the trip so you can play with the journey more.

If after three shots of caapi, followed by hitting the GVG till you can't see anymore, you still can't go deeper, well, shit, you must be immune.

Oh, yeah. Have you tried sandwiching the spice in a bong? Perhaps you need to get more smoke in at once, and the bong is great for that.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

Global
#10 Posted : 6/10/2011 2:23:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

What lighter are you using?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

ragabr
#11 Posted : 6/10/2011 2:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you on any medications?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Jigganaut
#12 Posted : 6/10/2011 3:27:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently used 70mg with the GVG to no effect because all the spice was running through three screens. I thought that would be enough but it wasn't. A smaller dose of 27mg in a spearmint sandwich worked great. I also wasn't bringing the vapor into my lungs which was a big problem. Psychologically you might be resistant to filling your lungs with smoke...but it's not smoke. You have to tell yourself it's vapor and the body loves its spice. Smile Breathe it in as if you're drawing in oxygen and hold it. Your should feel strong effects as you're holding it.
Prone to made-up, outlandish gibberish. Any coherent words or full sentences are purely coincidental. Jigganaut does none of these things. It's not experience, it's delirious.

Xt
#13 Posted : 6/10/2011 3:40:36 PM

Do your ritual... the ritual. Whatever that may be, be deliberate and mindful.
Breakthroughs seem to not be particularly dose dependent (within reason) and often seem to be controlled by those subtle subconscious vibes, and setting.

Do some things that need doing.
Perhaps take a break from DMT, review you current situation.
Brew up some caapi or extract some haramalas from rue.

Then you know what to do.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

tehtor
#14 Posted : 6/10/2011 4:09:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My goals are 100% spiritual journey and medatation.. I was on pristiq but recently stopped taking it so we'll see if that was it..

Using a 90 degree torch lighter.. Def getting full lung..

Can syrian rue be boiled into a tea?

was curious about p-huasca as well

ragabr
#15 Posted : 6/10/2011 5:05:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You shouldn't be using harmalas until a minimum of two weeks after stopping the Pristiq. That includes changa and oral harmalas like rue tea. I would hold off on all psychedelics until the two week period has passed, and then start your dosing again from a very low point, like 15mg of spice.

And yes you can brew rue into a tea.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gibran2
#16 Posted : 6/10/2011 5:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

It might just be that you have a high tolerance to DMT effects. In the Strassman study, I think 3-5% of participants (can’t remember exact number) either had only minor effects or no effects at all.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

De_Loused
#17 Posted : 6/10/2011 6:04:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, When I first met DMT, I struggled with this question ''are there really entities?'' I always felt strong presences but always... this question would come up... Once during a trip, I simply replaced it by ''There are entities''... everything changed Laughing .

Maybe if he stops telling himself ''I never leave the room'' ''I never breakthrough''... It is a matter of faith, I have very strong experiences even If I take 25 mg, because I am faithful it will blow my mind.
'The beginning of science is... I don't know'

jamie
#18 Posted : 6/10/2011 6:08:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"Many many extreme psychedelic visions but never thought SWIM had left the room.."

I tend to think that alot of people hold some sort of weirdo standard on this site concerning what a "breakthroug" is. Just becasue you have a "breakthrough"(which is a subjective statement anyway) does not mean you loose all awareness of the body necessarily. Lots of time I have broken through and still been somewhat aware of my body, felt some nausea or other perceptions..Ive broken through and been dry heaving at the same time before. Usually my body buzzes and goes numb and I dissociate from it but most of the time if the phone rang or something I would hear it to some degree and open my eyes. If people say that every time they have a large does they cant do that then they are exagerating I think.
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#19 Posted : 6/10/2011 7:13:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

fractal enchantment wrote:
"Many many extreme psychedelic visions but never thought SWIM had left the room.."

I tend to think that alot of people hold some sort of weirdo standard on this site concerning what a "breakthroug" is. Just becasue you have a "breakthrough"(which is a subjective statement anyway) does not mean you loose all awareness of the body necessarily. Lots of time I have broken through and still been somewhat aware of my body, felt some nausea or other perceptions..Ive broken through and been dry heaving at the same time before. Usually my body buzzes and goes numb and I dissociate from it but most of the time if the phone rang or something I would hear it to some degree and open my eyes. If people say that every time they have a large does they cant do that then they are exagerating I think.

I agree that sometimes too much emphasis is put on chasing the elusive “breakthrough”. As I learned recently through my participation in another thread, some people are very sensitive about their definition of a breakthrough! Rolling eyes

What’s most important is what we get out of the experience, not how we label it.

As I’ve said before, there is no standard definition of the term “breakthrough”. I tend to define it as being out of body and fully immersed in another realm. In such states, there is no sense of my Earthly environment, including hearing. Upon return from such a breakthrough, I can actually sense my hearing “turn on” – the volume turns up from zero to normal.

In other experiences, I’m out of my body, yet aware of it – I can hear “it” breathing and hear other sounds in the environment. (One time, I could hear my breathing, and it sounded like I was “struggling”, so I chose to return to my body in order to better take control.) In some experiences I am aware of my body position, etc.

In still other experiences, I am fully aware of my body, (but not necessarily in control of it) yet visually and mentally/emotionally I am as far away as in a very deep breakthrough.

Even when I’m fully in my body and in control of it, I can still have a very intense visual experience.

So which experiences are breakthroughs? Where do I draw the line? It’s arbitrary, isn’t it?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jamie
#20 Posted : 6/10/2011 11:06:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^yes it is, and that is the point when it comes to threads like this. I think people get sort of mislead reading about DMT thinking it is going to be exactly this or that. When I hear people say they are having strong visions etc but not "breaking through" I have to wonder first what they consider strong visions..I think that people expect something similar to like 75mg vaped from doses more like 30mg at times.

When I am gone to a point I would call out of body I can barely remember much at all from the experience. It's as if my mind blacks out at some point and then reboots as I am comming back down..I will open my eyes and be overwhelmed with hallucinations yet still not peaking at all. It gets very confusing. Still, there is a dose level below that level that I would call a breakthrough when I come back from them.

I find the very term breakthrough sometimes more appropriate for salvia. I dunno what other word I would use for DMT..but DMT can sort of be made of the stuff around me, my environment etc..while salvia can be that way as well, it is also a true breakthrough into a very strange dimension nothing like this one. The feeling of it, stretching out across some membrane until I finally pop right out of my physical shell really onto some other side makes me think of the term "breakthrough"..

Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT