We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Microdosing Psychedelics Options

InneffableThings
#41 Posted : 2/16/2012 4:03:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
idtravlr wrote:
I think it's important to define what "microdosing" really means.

True. I kinda agree with your definition. But what does Wikipedia say?

Quote:
Microdosing (or micro-dosing) is a technique for studying the behaviour of drugs in humans through the administration of doses so low ("sub-therapeutic"Pleased they are unlikely to produce whole-body effects, but high enough to allow the cellular response to be studied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microdosing

I agree with this importance.

Fadiman also uses the term sub-perceptual dose interchangeably, which may be useful in defining what the terms mean. Sub-perceptual could mean an amount which is about as much as can be taken without causing significantly noticeable perceptual change, including visual, audio, and time; and does not impede ability to perform daily tasks.

Fadiman does specifically say 10ug lsd or less, to give a clear quantifier to the term as he uses it.

Thoughts?
I am a writer, currently using these forums to build a character for a novel who becomes obsessed with strange things and has a psychotic break. I neither condone nor engage in illegal activities.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

idtravlr
#42 Posted : 2/17/2012 1:53:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

InneffableThings wrote:
obliguhl wrote:
idtravlr wrote:
I think it's important to define what "microdosing" really means.

True. I kinda agree with your definition. But what does Wikipedia say?

Quote:
Microdosing (or micro-dosing) is a technique for studying the behaviour of drugs in humans through the administration of doses so low ("sub-therapeutic"Pleased they are unlikely to produce whole-body effects, but high enough to allow the cellular response to be studied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microdosing

I agree with this importance.

Fadiman also uses the term sub-perceptual dose interchangeably, which may be useful in defining what the terms mean. Sub-perceptual could mean an amount which is about as much as can be taken without causing significantly noticeable perceptual change, including visual, audio, and time; and does not impede ability to perform daily tasks.

Fadiman does specifically say 10ug lsd or less, to give a clear quantifier to the term as he uses it.

Thoughts?

Ok. I see where you guys are coming from. I guess the context of the study needs to be taken into consideration then. So, perhaps my definition would better fit the term mini-dosing if one is really basing the dosage on "therapeutic" vs "sub-therapeutic". Maybe I'm over thinking it too...

*idtravlr checks Wikipedia for "mini-dosing"*

However, there is this in the article as well: "(Note that while this is the most common definition, the term also is used to refer to instruments for dispensing full therapeutic amounts of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API), as in direct "API-into-Capsule" technology. [1])" So it seems that the equipment mfrs. refer to the term differently. Hmmm... gonna think on this one a bit. Confused

Oh, and I would certainly agree that 10ug or less of LSD would be a micro-dose.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Attention All Shipping
#43 Posted : 4/16/2012 11:24:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've done some microdosing with P. Cubensis in the past on an irregular basis - not every day, just when I wanted a bit of a mental/mood boost. I'd take around 1/4 of a gram as my standard micro-dose level.

As far as definition of micro-dose goes I'd say its a dose which doesn't cause any psychedelic effects.

Semios's experience of "subtle threshold effects and get just a wee bit of visual intensity if I look at something that has a rich pattern or bright beauty already. Plus a mild mood elevation, and increased affability, and a touch more energy. Maybe some giggles." I'd characterise as a low 'museum dose' rather than a micro-dose.

Phlux-
#44 Posted : 5/3/2012 8:48:19 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

The microdosing went amazingly
before - i didnt do much excersize but with the cactus i managed a good 100-150 pushups, 50 pullups and 100 situps per day, every day, for a month.

my entire body changed

im takin a month break and then il start round 2

absolutely amazing stuff
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

universecannon
#45 Posted : 5/3/2012 11:31:48 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

nice man

what other positive mental affects did you notice besides the motivation?

i have some resin here so i was thinking about trying it out soon

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Purges
#46 Posted : 5/3/2012 1:32:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SHroomtroll wrote:
I had a period when i always trained brazilian jiu jitsu after smoking a few hits of bud, For a good while i think it helped with my flow of movements and while i don´t do it anymorei still think i learned alot from doing it.

Now i´m thinking about taking this a step further by taking about 1/5 of a hit of cid and trying it out.

Anyone tried working ouut on cid?

here´s highlight of a favorite bjj player of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsGkB8jS8dA

This may also be of interest to you:

http://www.maps.org/news...s/v21n1/v21n1-25to29.pdf
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tigerstrike92
#47 Posted : 5/3/2012 8:39:49 PM

Homo-divinorum

That article was truly inspiring. I always knew there had to be something too it.

This may not be that extreme, but some cannabis always improves my disc golf playing.Very happy
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

EcstaticTrance
#48 Posted : 5/11/2012 4:31:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
The microdosing went amazingly
before - i didnt do much excersize but with the cactus i managed a good 100-150 pushups, 50 pullups and 100 situps per day, every day, for a month.

my entire body changed

im takin a month break and then il start round 2

absolutely amazing stuff

I am cooking some peruvian torch tea at the moment and I would like to have some details about your experiment so I can have some guidelines. What kind of dosage did you experimented with in microdosing cacti? Did you take it on an empty stomach in the morning or with food? Did you noticed some kind of tolerance with it?

I had some pretty amazing experiences with cacti and I know for sure how a nice tonic it can be and as I've started some kind of a getting back in shape routine I think it can be a quite nice tool. Thanks a lot in advance
Thumbs up

marypoppins
#49 Posted: : 5/17/2012 11:55:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My personal definition of microdosing is:
the smallest amount possible
that is enough to produce a slight mild "shift"
while definetly staying below threshold levels.

My experiences:
1 1/2 years: iboga root bark - 300 mg, sometimes 500 mg., 1 or 2x / day; on and off, several rounds of 30 days. powerful. energizing yet calming. allows one to take a step back and observe one's reality and choose how to respond or react. the iboga definetly lets you know when to stop. i believe that all of this is true for someone who has flooded but would be differant if you have not flooded

3 months: H.B.W.: 4 -5 days at a time, 2x / day - euphoric feeling mood enhancer. cerebral, insightful.
hard on the stomach

LSD: 3 - 4 days at a time 10 - 15 ug. 1x / day; relaxing and insightful. cognitive
increases

5-meo: - 4 - 5 days at a time. amazing clarity and energy. destroys the nasal passageway

Olilique seeds - 6 months on and off. 2 -3 weeks at a time. great. mild. gentle. euphoric. cerebral. calming.

rue + dmt tea - 2 months - fantastic - clear, energetic, mood enhancer, calm, clarity

muricata + dmt ----report in a few weeks

all of the above were:
notropic and allowed for clearer faster thinking, incresed focus
calming, relaxing, mood enhancing
all allowed for being "more in tune"
which then allowed for refined diet, balance and center in all avenues of life

however,
much depends on your life situation
the results would be different for a short order cook in downtown manhattan then a farmer in kansas
i believe that the more out of tune, or fast paced ones life
the harder it would be to function even on a microdose
most likely would have to reduce the amount even further

i found no tolerance in any of these
actually i discovered that each one seemd to have reverse tolerance
sort of a saturation of the neural pathways
to where one could skip days and not notice
(I believe tolerance is a concept more attuned to above threshold dosage, where one is looking for an experience; sub-threshold, where one is looking for a shift or opening, i think the opposite is true -- at least it was for me)

*** one small side note for accuracy - for many years now, i take a daily mix of
brahmi, gota kola, gingko, ashwaganda. this probably has a significant affect on my experiences -both full and micro

mary

nexalizer
#50 Posted : 5/17/2012 2:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:

This may also be of interest to you:

http://www.maps.org/news...s/v21n1/v21n1-25to29.pdf

Fascinating stuff, thanks for sharingThumbs up Thumbs up
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Ice House
#51 Posted : 5/17/2012 5:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

micro dosing ps cyanescens throught the summer while gardening = added energy for long days and added creativity.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

MMPA
#52 Posted : 5/29/2012 10:12:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Microdosed 10mg rectally every other day for a week on 4-Aco-DET (shroom-like feeling). Though the initial main effects lasted only a couple of hours, the rest of the day (and some of the next day) I would be more empathetic/caring towards people as well as jovial, sociable, and calmed (I am usually energetic). I also was more careful about my selection of words when talking so my speech was slower and more colorful in the good way. Definitely better than daily caffeine.

universecannon
#53 Posted : 5/29/2012 4:33:34 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

marypoppins wrote:
My personal definition of microdosing is:
the smallest amount possible
that is enough to produce a slight mild "shift"
while definetly staying below threshold levels.

My experiences:
1 1/2 years: iboga root bark - 300 mg, sometimes 500 mg., 1 or 2x / day; on and off, several rounds of 30 days. powerful. energizing yet calming. allows one to take a step back and observe one's reality and choose how to respond or react. the iboga definetly lets you know when to stop. i believe that all of this is true for someone who has flooded but would be differant if you have not flooded

3 months: H.B.W.: 4 -5 days at a time, 2x / day - euphoric feeling mood enhancer. cerebral, insightful.
hard on the stomach

LSD: 3 - 4 days at a time 10 - 15 ug. 1x / day; relaxing and insightful. cognitive
increases

5-meo: - 4 - 5 days at a time. amazing clarity and energy. destroys the nasal passageway

Olilique seeds - 6 months on and off. 2 -3 weeks at a time. great. mild. gentle. euphoric. cerebral. calming.

rue + dmt tea - 2 months - fantastic - clear, energetic, mood enhancer, calm, clarity

muricata + dmt ----report in a few weeks

all of the above were:
notropic and allowed for clearer faster thinking, incresed focus
calming, relaxing, mood enhancing
all allowed for being "more in tune"
which then allowed for refined diet, balance and center in all avenues of life

however,
much depends on your life situation
the results would be different for a short order cook in downtown manhattan then a farmer in kansas
i believe that the more out of tune, or fast paced ones life
the harder it would be to function even on a microdose
most likely would have to reduce the amount even further

i found no tolerance in any of these
actually i discovered that each one seemd to have reverse tolerance
sort of a saturation of the neural pathways
to where one could skip days and not notice
(I believe tolerance is a concept more attuned to above threshold dosage, where one is looking for an experience; sub-threshold, where one is looking for a shift or opening, i think the opposite is true -- at least it was for me)

*** one small side note for accuracy - for many years now, i take a daily mix of
brahmi, gota kola, gingko, ashwaganda. this probably has a significant affect on my experiences -both full and micro

mary

What amounts of rue and dmt were you taking? Was it mimosa, freebase, or?

I've had amazing results micro dosing rue (or caapi) with and without mimosa

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jdubs
#54 Posted : 5/29/2012 5:08:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're gonna do this, don't be as stupid as I was the other day.

Took an unmeasured swig from the Aya bottle like some kind of stupid pirate.

Felt like I was being electrified while trying to act like an upstanding citzen. Very happy

It wore off before too long, thankfully. But I wont be repeating it.
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

Dr_Sister
#55 Posted : 8/17/2012 8:32:52 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Sister micro-doses 5-Meo MIPT on a regular basis, although very rarely on consecutive days. Tihkal says a standard dose is 4-6mgs, but sister really enjoys a 0.5-1.0mg dose. (put an exacto knife blade into baggy, then tap the excess off the blade into the bag, and then lick the powder that still clings to the blade).

It makes sister, less inhibited, more social, and better able to appreciate the subtlties of music. The best part is no one ever knows what Sister has been up to Cool

Sister isn't sure that doing this everyday would be a great idea for her. It would be a shame to become dependant on something that is otherwise very magical, and to be looked forward to.

PREV123