We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Celebrating Crisis Options

Enoon
#1 Posted : 6/9/2011 11:21:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I found this article online. I really enjoyed reading it; thought I would share. Please read; would be interested in what you think.

Celebrating Crisis

cheers
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

christian
#2 Posted : 6/9/2011 12:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello, Enoon.

- Thanks for the link, it was a nice read! - Funny thing is just how consumer culture orientated and wasteful the western world is. And i've gotta ask why, and the main reason is that our society is basically an O.C.D roundabout based on working for the sake of it, like a chronic illness- to keep the capitalist entity machine happy. I blame this all on the absense of psychadelic use in our culture- We have to find something else to inspire us.

-Have you seen the fantastic "manifesting of the mind" film on u tube??- I thought this was great!!
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

Tsehakla
#3 Posted : 6/9/2011 2:25:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think she is overly optimistic, perhaps even deluded by wishful thinking.

None of her reasons for hope has much of a chance of changing what I see as the root of the problem--the alliance between the authoritarians and the greedy. She seems to have a faith in technology as a saviour, and a belief that it will empower the youth so that the future they create will be better, unfortunately that same technology makes it easier to monitor and manipulate--and impressionable youth are prime targets.
Two things to keep in mind:
1) It is all lies.
2) There is no privacy on the Internet.

christian
#4 Posted : 6/9/2011 4:05:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got the general impression that she was saying that we're basically gonna cooperate and sort our selves out when we have no other choice, by living "on higher ground"?- perhaps only then will mankind get on...?-- i doubt it!
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 6/9/2011 5:11:08 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

The basic message she starts out with is true, though. Shit's going down, and that is an opportunity to drastically change things (we can try for the better).

Climatic and economic changes, one can hope, will simply end up destroying (or mortally woundind) the systems I've come to despise, and then there'll be more space and a dire necessity for healthier ways of doing things.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

christian
#6 Posted : 6/9/2011 8:22:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

--or by engaging in the positive, the negative is choked out ...???Cool