We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Building Dream Peice Just for Spice Options

Existentialhero
#1 Posted : 6/7/2011 4:44:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whats up Nexus,
So I have been looking into buying a vaporizer like the GVG. After looking at the site and finding out that the flame filter was made from ceramic I decided to keep looking. I know ceramic is great for vaping but I just feel better with and like the look of steel. The next peice I looked at was the vaporstar http://www.vaporstar.co.uk/. I really like the steel flame filter on it but, I didnt like the use of the rubber stopper or the plastic bottom. Also the wooden part of the peice looked fine but Im looking for a more personal one a hand carved one or something. I also looked at this One but it was too crack head and cheap looking. I decided that I will just make my own peice by mixing and matching the parts I like and making some myself. I plan on using [url=http://www.grasscity.com/mr-white.html]This Glass Bong as the base unit. Then I want to hand carve a large caapi vine into a wooden bowl that fits perfectly into the down stem and holds just the steel part of the Vapestar over the spice. Im conserned about the use of water in the peice though will that rob some of my spice as it filters? Also is caapi wood even capable of being carved or is it like spongy. When I crushed my last vine it seemed kinda weak and not very solid. I know alot of you are going to think this is stupid when you can just buy a gvg but, if im going to pay that much I mise well get exactly what I want. What do guys think? I also realize I may have slaghtered the links its my first time using them.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Existentialhero
#2 Posted : 6/7/2011 4:46:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's the glass bong base http://www.grasscity.com/mr-white.html

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 6/7/2011 4:28:44 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Existentialhero wrote:
...if im going to pay that much I mise well get exactly what I want. What do guys think?

I'm assuming what you want is a piece that is pretty much unmatched when it comes to vaporizing spice (and maybe other substances as well). If this is correct, get a gvg. None of the pieces you have shown compare,imo. A preference for steel over ceramic is obviously your own personal view...I see no merit in elevating one above the other. As long as it's an inert heat sink, who cares what it's made of? If price is an issue, I bet the key or key v.2 will work better than any of the pieces presented thus far, but if it's not, gvg all the way.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Existentialhero
#4 Posted : 6/7/2011 9:49:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Existentialhero wrote:
...if im going to pay that much I mise well get exactly what I want. What do guys think?

I'm assuming what you want is a piece that is pretty much unmatched when it comes to vaporizing spice (and maybe other substances as well). If this is correct, get a gvg. None of the pieces you have shown compare,imo. A preference for steel over ceramic is obviously your own personal view...I see no merit in elevating one above the other. As long as it's an inert heat sink, who cares what it's made of? If price is an issue, I bet the key or key v.2 will work better than any of the pieces presented thus far, but if it's not, gvg all the way.

Thanks for the advice swim was super baked when he made that post and was trying to build a shrine to spice vaping haha. After some thought I think I will go with a glass vapor genie. Part of me however still wants to improve upon the GVG. For example I would like to see a peice that uses convection to vaporize rather than conduction. Also water filtration would be nice just to catch any debris sucked through or even filter out some unwanted's. I realize that just useing the glass vapor genie is probably as good as its going to get, but I still just want a bad ass spice peice.

Global
#5 Posted : 6/8/2011 3:47:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

You know, it's kind of strange, but when you're under heavy DMT "intoxication" (for lack of a better word I can't think of) the GVG has often presented itself as very sacred looking in itself....almost like an egyptian relic or something. From the description of others after having noticed this myself, I'm certain that there are others out there that feel similarly. My suggestion is that if you want to make alterations to the GVG, that's well within your rights, but before you go ahead and change it from the inside out before you even get one, I'd advise that you simply try it as is, and the way that the manufacturers intended it to be used. There is indeed a method to their madness.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb