We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What type of water is DMT most soluble in Options

Existentialhero
#1 Posted : 6/6/2011 7:37:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Nexus,
After some thought about my failed ayhuasca attempt I have started doubting my water choice. I used distilled water and after some reading found out that Spice is not very soluble in distilled water. Could that have been my mistake? I did add a good amount of lemon juice though so would that take care of the solubility issue? This also brings me to the question of water selection. What type of water is Spice the most soluble in. For example distilled, spring, Tap, Drinking and if drinking what type of filtration was used? Or does it make no difference at all? Thanks guysVery happy

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 6/6/2011 7:44:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

DMT freebase is insoluble in water whereas DMT salts such as the fumarate are water-soluble.The DMT salts in the admixture leaves, AFAIK, are soluble in acidified water.

Im sure one of the Nexians more versed in Ayahuasca will be able to advise you better but it may help if you tell us a little more about how you attempted to make your brew (caapi+/- extracted spice or ? chacruna/chaliponga etc).
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Existentialhero
#3 Posted : 6/6/2011 8:00:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
DMT freebase is insoluble in water whereas DMT salts such as the fumarate are water-soluble.The DMT salts in the admixture leaves, AFAIK, are soluble in acidified water.

Im sure one of the Nexians more versed in Ayahuasca will be able to advise you better but it may help if you tell us a little more about how you attempted to make your brew (caapi+/- extracted spice or ? chacruna/chaliponga etc).

Ya that should not have been the problem then because I added about four lemons worth of juice. As for my complete method here is an overview.

75 Grams Psychotria and 55 Grams of crushed(with a hammer) Caapi Vine were boiled in a distilled water and lemon juice solution for 1 hour then filtered through a cotton tee shirt. This was repeated 3x then the combine filtered solution was reduced and consumed right after.

Thanks for the helpWink

Global
#4 Posted : 6/7/2011 2:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

You can probably use less acid, though I doubt that's the problem. I know that you're allowed to "mix" psychotria and caapi, but perhaps you should try boiling them separately and consuming the caapi first to make sure you have mao inhibition. When you say caapi vine, are you using the whole vine? powdered? shredded?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Existentialhero
#5 Posted : 6/7/2011 4:16:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
You can probably use less acid, though I doubt that's the problem. I know that you're allowed to "mix" psychotria and caapi, but perhaps you should try boiling them separately and consuming the caapi first to make sure you have mao inhibition. When you say caapi vine, are you using the whole vine? powdered? shredded?

The caapi vine was whole vine that I crushed with a hammer until it became powder/ stringy wood. This time Swim will take 100mg Harmine freebase dissolved in lemon juice 15min prior to and another 100mg with Psychotria tea. I will use 80-100 grams of Psychotria to make the tea. That should be more than enough for me but I want to have extra incase its weak or something. Thanks for the tip.

jamie
#6 Posted : 6/7/2011 4:19:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I brew mimosa and chaliponga in spring water without problems. I dont add any acids at all to it.
Long live the unwoke.

Existentialhero
#7 Posted : 6/7/2011 4:50:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I brew mimosa and chaliponga in spring water without problems. I dont add any acids at all to it.

Thanks im going to use spring water this time around as wellVery happy

Global
#8 Posted : 6/7/2011 4:51:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Existentialhero wrote:
Global wrote:

The caapi vine was whole vine that I crushed with a hammer until it became powder/ stringy wood. This time Swim will take 100mg Harmine freebase dissolved in lemon juice 15min prior to and another 100mg with Psychotria tea. I will use 80-100 grams of Psychotria to make the tea. That should be more than enough for me but I want to have extra incase its weak or something. Thanks for the tip.

If that doesn't work, my only suggestion would be to try mimosa. I find it to be highly reliable. I also only use 100ml white vinegar and it comes out just fine.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

BananaForeskin
#9 Posted : 6/7/2011 8:45:05 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Three one hour boils? Seems a bit short. Do the 3x3 hour boils, or some equivalent. It works!

To answer your question, tho, I've brewed with two kinds of tap water (Los Angeles and Western Washington), kan-gen water, distilled water, and spring water, and (with about 1 tbsp 5% vinegar per gallon of water) all the above have never failed for rue, caapi, or mimosa.

What effects did you have from your caapi brew? A caapi-only sort of experience? If you didn't have strong harmala effects, you should probably try brewing longer. If you had strong harmala effects but no noticeable DMT effects, you might want to reconsider the chacruna you bought. Chacruna, though traditional, is notoriously varied in potency when bought dried.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Existentialhero
#10 Posted : 6/7/2011 10:08:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Three one hour boils? Seems a bit short. Do the 3x3 hour boils, or some equivalent. It works!

To answer your question, tho, I've brewed with two kinds of tap water (Los Angeles and Western Washington), kan-gen water, distilled water, and spring water, and (with about 1 tbsp 5% vinegar per gallon of water) all the above have never failed for rue, caapi, or mimosa.

What effects did you have from your caapi brew? A caapi-only sort of experience? If you didn't have strong harmala effects, you should probably try brewing longer. If you had strong harmala effects but no noticeable DMT effects, you might want to reconsider the chacruna you bought. Chacruna, though traditional, is notoriously varied in potency when bought dried.

Global, Thanks for the help I for sure am going to work with mimosa in the future. I was thinking about vinegar but how does that effect the tast? I cant imagin smelly as vinegar being that tasty.

Bananaforskine, The boils were pretty short but I got a massive purge so does that mean I got enough harmalas? After what you said it sounds like it was most likely some weak psychotria because it was super dry and broken up. Thanks for the help and testing out all of those waters thats exactly what I was looking for.

BananaForeskin
#11 Posted : 6/8/2011 2:50:50 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

The purge doesn't have to do with the amount of harmalas so much as both one's experience with ayahuasca and with the amount of tannins you've pulled out. A ton of pure harmalas will make you puke, but the ayahuasca purge is more from the tannins. The more you boil it the more tannins there will be, but also so much less the potency!

Acids will also worsen the taste and the purge, but gibran2 (if I remember correctly) did an experiment showing that boiling with acids will noticeably increase potency. You can hide a shot of aya in chocolate almond milk pretty well when worst comes to worst.

And you will get used to the purge. I purged during my first rue and first caapi experience, but haven't purged since.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Global
#12 Posted : 6/8/2011 3:57:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Existentialhero wrote:

Global, Thanks for the help I for sure am going to work with mimosa in the future. I was thinking about vinegar but how does that effect the tast? I cant imagin smelly as vinegar being that tasty.

Any acid, including lemon juice will make the brew taste considerably worse. 100ml vinegar is really not that much at all, and with all the evaporation that goes on, I don't even notice it in the final product. Also a word of advice. I found it to be incredibly helpful to hold your nose and try to get the brew down as fast as possible. When I hold my nose I can barely taste anything at all, no matter how nasty it really is. Works like a charm for me. In my experiences, I've both purged and not purged and it's really hard to say which resulted in a more intense experience. On one hand when you purge, it does feel like it catalyzes the experience, and on the other hand if you don't purge you allegedly "absorb it all", so point is I wouldn't get incredibly caught up in that idea. Quite simply, if you're nauseous and looking to get rid of the nausea, go ahead and purge. If you can get by without nausea, then don't Wink