We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Here's mine Options

wet_rabbit
#1 Posted : 6/4/2011 11:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi. I'm just a guy from the American Midwest, a quiet, solitary guy sharing a small apartment with my girlfriend. I was brought here to the Nexus because DMT found me and I will soon be taking my first journeys. The manner in which this substance came into my life was a profound and challenging experience and I am still slowly integrating and accepting it. This has been a particular challenge because I have no fellow voyagers anymore and am pretty much alone when it comes to this end of the spectrum. I'm here to share my own experience with the hope of receiving insight from the experiences of others.

My drug experience is, for the most part, pretty standard. I started smoking dope in high school, and with the exception of a brief period of probation continued to smoke daily for a good 12 years now, maturing from a dirtweed chump to a chronic champion. I like weed. I first tried mushrooms shortly after school and immediately recognized something powerful and meaningful at work. From there I fooled around with acid for a bit, and spent a few months exploring what DXM had to offer (not much really) and eventually discovered morning glory. That was when I really began to learn things, to be able to integrate experiences, find meaning, sort the wheat from the chaff, learn the cypher, etc. and from there returned to mushrooms with a passion. Upon returning to mushrooms, I met Gaia and Pan and a plethora of other entities and experiences, the most recent of which is the topic at hand.

This last April 20th I felt the call of the wild and decided to eat about 5g of very potent cubes I had been saving. I was rewarded with the most beautiful and powerful trip I have experienced to date, the kind that really shattered my reality and showed me how much I don't know. In earlier experiences meeting a blue alien chick/angel/Mother Earth in my head, I thought I'd reached the limit, and I was very, very wrong. Many things happened on that trip, much of which I am still only remembering and putting into place, including the beginning of my introduction to DMT. There was a shooting star unlike any I had ever seen, more like a great white arcing pulse across the sky, a warm pure white pulse that had a presence, and I almost ignored it. As soon as I caught myself and gave it attention however, it became a full fledged presence, a solid white glow just beyond my field of vision, both in the night sky and within my own mind. It asked me if I wanted to be a God. I said yes, and immediately retracted, thinking, "How presumptuous and foolish of me. I'm going to pay dearly for this one, oh nononono," and suddenly Gaia smiled and pushed me towards the light, and I looked up at it and said yes. That's where the memory stops, although I know this was the point where things kicked into high gear and I started really, well, tripping balls. The end result, like most of my trips, boiled down to this: I am a Good man, despite my sins, my most valuable contribution to this planet is the love I share with my girl and my family, and these positive and beautiful trips are my reward for good behavior. Kinda like Santa gives me gifts for being good. Also, I had a super powered rubber band on my wrist that meant I need to propose to the old lady.

That experience stuck with me, and resonated with a lot of other little bits of wisdom and experience I've had. Somehow I know this is the path for me, and the more I try to talk about it, the less sane it sounds. Suffice to say, this shooting star had become my new white rabbit to chase, and I would have to catch it by being quick, ahead of the game, see it coming and grab it. A few weeks later, when visiting a guy to get stuff, there was a sudden flash across his face, and he looked me in the eyes and asked if I knew anything about DMT. Of course I had heard of it and was quite interested in the "psychedelic cannon". He gave me 100mg (mg right? about 2 doses anyway), saying he had had enough for himself, and I should take it for free, which I did. A few minutes later I was at home putting the stash away when I suddenly realized that the little bag of whitish powder in the center of my palm was very likely that shooting star.

So, like any good mad doctor, I started reading every bit of information I could find on Erowid, The Shroomery, and eventually here. Strolling through the forums and reading the Attitude page, I can tell that this is one of the most welcoming, open minded, supportive communities on the planet, the kind I might need to face the unfathomable trip before me, and maybe a place safe enough to share this experience. I know this gets asked all the time, but any advice for a first-timer would be very welcome. I would hate to make a simple mistake, push the wrong button and destroy my chances with this obviously sacred substance. I'm also a little anxious about the high speed acceleration of smoked DMT and am curious about methods for smoothing it out to ease my entry into these hallowed halls. Or maybe I'm a severely deluded fool and should go soak my head? Catch a shooting star indeed!Wink
You'll never take me alive coppers!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/4/2011 12:23:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I really like your intro essay, thanks for sharing your story Smile

Regarding your question about advices, if you didnt yet definitely check the FAQ and the Wiki, there's a lot of tips and useful info. Also check out house's diagram for dmt usage:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ers/house/DMTDiagram.png

So have you been considering extracting dmt too, so that you are not limited to what you were given? Yeah 100mg is about 2 doses. How are you planning on smoking it?

Also did you read/research and are interested in oral dmt usage, pharma or ayahuasca?

See you around!

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 6/4/2011 7:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

hi wet rabbit,
man i really enjoyed your intro essay. thank you for sharing it with the community. your story is powerful my freind and im glad that you seem to know this.

there arent a lot of people that can comfortably eat 5g of cubes and those that can seem to be a special breed imo. a true psychonaught. at those doses mushrooms seem to take on many characteristics of dmt and even more so after you have used dmt. the trips tend to over lap, at least that has been my experience. for me mushrooms in the lower doses (2-3.5g) have a very organic signature to the trip, higher doses 4g and up tend to take on a much more alien, atom like, science-y strange character. that may not make much sense. words always fall short when describing these matters.

it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulder and you are approaching dmt in a very solid manner. i have one piece of advice for you. although you only have enough for a few journeys try not to put pressure of success on them. dmt can be tricky and it seems the more you want it and try to force it the more the breakthrough will elude you. try to approach it as a humble explorer willing and ready to accept whatever the molecule gives you whether thats a full breakthrough or just an introduction. there are no bad journeys per say.

it would be best to do an extraction and have a good supply on hand. like i said dmt can be tricky while you develop your own personal relationship. having plenty around helps keep the expectations off the trips.

the other best advice i can give you is to invest in a glass vapor genie or similar type smoking tool. it will speed up your technique immensely. once you have mastered the gvg some say that breakthroughs are almost certain.

again welcome to the nexus, i hope you stick around and keep updating us with your progress and experiences. you will soon be greeting other new comers and helping them the way we will help you. its how this place works. Very happy
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

ragabr
#4 Posted : 6/4/2011 11:31:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, white rabbit! Awesome introduction. As always, olympus has some excellent advice.

Before you get to the GVG stage, I would really suggest building either the Machine or the Key for smoking. Also, for SWIM, not smoking marijuana the same day, or preferably for two days, before the DMT experience makes it much deeper and easier to process.

Best of luck!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

wet_rabbit
#5 Posted : 6/6/2011 3:08:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow guys, thanks for the supportive replies! I'm glad you enjoyed my story, I certainly enjoyed experiencing it. It's nice to find a place where sharing something like that won't get a man ostracized or imprisoned.

Regarding extraction, I definitely intend to extract some eventually, provided my initial experiences don't go sour, but at the moment my small apartment is no place to be playing with kitchen chemistry.

I appreciate the idea of not expecting or demanding too much from the trip, my last few journeys with mushrooms have started with an open mind set, ready and happy to receive whatever they gave me, and I intend to approach DMT similarly. I had even considered splitting my small supply into a few deliberately less intense trips just to familiarize myself with the more earthbound effects, but I think I'll at least attempt breakthrough. If I don't succeed I'll still get the basics.

I intended to just use my acrylic bong with some water in it and sandwich between some green, but I'm starting to think that this is something best experienced on it's own. My other options were to pick up a small glass pipe or to look further into oral ingestion. I would honestly much prefer it that way, I'm just not read up enough on methods. That's where my current research is going. I've also considered making changa, but for a first time I don't think that's the way to go.

olympus, I totally know what you mean about the science-y character! Usually on the back half of my journeys I have a lot of Jekyll and Hyde or Flash Gordon Space Adventurer kind of thing going, after the power dies down and I'm just playing music, watching 'toons, gunning the motor and whatnot. Sci-fi anime is awesome in this mode!

So again guys, thanks for the welcome and the support, all the links and advice! Hopefully things work out well and I can hang around and become an asset to future new bloods.

Kronas
#6 Posted : 6/6/2011 3:15:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus Mr. Rabbit. I am a new member as well and am proud to see that you have taken the time to study and research into this chemical before partaking. You sound like you have enough experience to handle your spice without any issues. The main bit of advice I can give you is to use either a GVG (Glass Vapor Genie) or an Oil Pipe (Glass tube with a small bubble at the end, with a fairly small hole blown out of the bubble) as both separate the flame from direct contact with the spice. With that in mind, I also recommend taking as large of an inhalation as you can, followed by another hit if possible. Basically smoke till you can't see the pipe.Very happy

As for setting, I am a big advocate of being in nature for the ceremony. In the woods is a perfect place to relax your mind and usually assures no outside distractions. Going at night is another good way to approach it, and building a small fire to shed some light on the situation can be a great aid. The last piece of advice I have for you is when the time comes, feel free to lay back and close your eyes, and allow the chemical to do its thing, out of body experiences are quite normal and for me the best part.

May your travels be blessed brother, Thanks and Praises
Thanks and Praises, Love and Gratitude, Peace and Unity, Hemp Seed & Honey

wet_rabbit
#7 Posted : 6/11/2011 4:06:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha yes indeed, gotta love the advice you guys have given, it's helped tremendously. I've gone from nervous anxiety to hopeful anticipation thanks to you guys. I'll make sure to come along and share what I find in return!

sixwingdseraph
#8 Posted : 6/11/2011 5:41:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, what an awesome trip. It really seems like you were called to do DMT. Its really cool how it found you. Since your in the midwest, keep an eye out for Russian Olive. Its bark can make DMT active orally. It might be a good thing to look into for future use.

naepius
#9 Posted : 6/11/2011 6:58:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey wet rabbit,

As I sit here at work reading your story for the first time, I can't help but feel a tinge of awe at how well I am able to relate to some of your experiences and feelings towards powerful psychedelic experiences. Adding in that we both come from the Midwest and joined this great site on the same day, and well, suffice it to say that I have a hard time chalking such occurrences down to coincidence.

We each have our own shooting stars we chase, and I like to think that the unintended results of these journeys are what help each of us find our true place in this world and what lies beyond it. I don't quite feel right for some reason, though, detracting from your story with accounts of my own experiences to more fully explain what I mean right now. The proper time and place will come. Time is inspiration, after all Smile

I really look forward to hearing of your first experiences with DMT. If I had any first-hand advice to give I would gladly do so, but alas you are a bit further ahead of the game than I Pleased

psyco_nomad
#10 Posted : 6/11/2011 6:37:50 PM

Joe

What a great story. I am a little envious of your experience and how the mole found you.

I have so much respect for psilocybin. In high doses like your 5 grams or even more, I really do think you can learn quite a bit about, not just yourself but the universe as well.

Good luck with your first time, my advice completely forget about breaking through and enjoy the experience after all if you take 2-4 good hits you probably broke through and don't even know it. Read this forum:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=23016

Also I would suggest an extraction. with only 2 dosses you might not fully grasp the power of the experience. maybe space them out a bit.

anyways welcome and happy travels
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything.
Cogito Ergo Sum

wet_rabbit
#11 Posted : 6/13/2011 9:14:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys thanks again. I appreciate the tip on Russian Olive, and naepius, I really like the way you can relate and appreciate the synchronicity of our experiences. Don't feel bad for trying to relate my experiences to your own, in all honesty it feels great to know other people can identify with them. As far as the breakthrough advice goes, I've kind of given up the goal of breaking through because a major part of the above experience came from a deliberate decision NOT to try to find God or chase philosophy's tail that time around, to just eat a bunch of mushies and have FUN and BOOM, it just fell into my head. Doing a little more research (by which I mean watching Cowboy Bebop during a trip) I kinda began to understand that God and Elves and everything else tend to be attracted to fun and joy and good spirits rather than serious and deliberate truth seeking. Anyways I'm about to try and post a mushroom report or two, and hopefully in a week or so I'll be going the pharmahuasca route to try this new key!