We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT crytals melting Options

Super Radical
#21 Posted : 3/18/2012 5:16:55 AM

Poop Giggle

The only times I've had issues with spice melting into goo overnight was when there were small amounts of solvent left in the jar after the lid was screwed back on, and when the humidity is too high or if its too warm. I had a bit of my stuff melt when a hurricane hit and the humidity was super high. I've also seen other peoples melt when they've left it in sunlight.

Everything seems to go fine when I just pull it out of the freezer, leave it in a dry, cool room, lid off, on its side, slightly tilted down to drain. Wrapping a towel around it seems to help keep water drops from sticking to the jar. Smile

There are some things.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

flowersniffer
#22 Posted : 3/18/2012 5:50:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I live in Cambodia, so it's quite warm, today is mid 30's and my spice is melting pretty much as soon as I take it out of the freezer!

I'm thinking to maybe just re dissolve the oil in a bit of IPA and then evap, what do you think? As I already freeze precipped and re x'd I should have fairly pure spice and I know my IPA evaps clean, will this leave me with smokeable crystals or powder?

Flowersniffer

endlessness
#23 Posted : 3/18/2012 10:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your plan should work, flower sniffer, though the dmt may be more waxy yellow, but it will be just as active and good Smile

As for your other possibilities before, I would first try option A, if it doesnt work you can move to option C or D (I would not do option B). If you do option D, its easy to know your dosage, just weigh the herbs before and then weigh them after its infused and dry, and you'll know how much spice you have... Better use very little herbs and try to aim for a 1:1 ratio (you can suppose your yield is around 1% if you did the teks well and its good mimosa).

Or just evap as is and see what you get. It might take a while to dry/harden, so just scrape/rescrape till it hardens up

flowersniffer
#24 Posted : 3/19/2012 6:19:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Endlessness, your reply is a great help. My spice now looks like this after leaving it overnight. I was worried that it would stay as a liquid/ oil.

I think I'll try scraping it up and spreading it onto a plate to further dry out. I'll try option a) on my further pulls
flowersniffer attached the following image(s):
1.jpg (484kb) downloaded 617 time(s).

musicguy24
#25 Posted : 4/28/2012 3:44:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Your plan should work, flower sniffer, though the dmt may be more waxy yellow, but it will be just as active and good Smile

As for your other possibilities before, I would first try option A, if it doesnt work you can move to option C or D (I would not do option B). If you do option D, its easy to know your dosage, just weigh the herbs before and then weigh them after its infused and dry, and you'll know how much spice you have... Better use very little herbs and try to aim for a 1:1 ratio (you can suppose your yield is around 1% if you did the teks well and its good mimosa).

Or just evap as is and see what you get. It might take a while to dry/harden, so just scrape/rescrape till it hardens up

SWIM is having the exact problem flowersniffer did, looks just like his first picture. I suppose I'll suggest he go with option A. BUT I am just curious why B isn't a good idea? That's unfortunately what he has been doing.

wearepeople
#26 Posted : 7/9/2012 7:34:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For research/entertainment purposes only:

what about evaporation in the freezer? Best of both methods?
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

wearepeople
#27 Posted : 7/9/2012 7:39:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In other words:
In the freezer,
mason jar that has been upturned. 3+ hours.
the naptha is allowed to drip out. Quickly, back in freezer.
Naptha to a minimum.
Quickly, remove.
Place coffee filter over top of jar.
Rubber band down.
Quickly.
Put back in freezer. upright.
Forget about it.
Come back to it. in a few days.
Does it work?
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Your Writings
#28 Posted : 6/30/2018 11:12:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Asking for suggestions about this "hot" topic..

Here's the steps that have been made:

Followed an AB tek,

100g of MHRB powder, 3x acidified water boils + reduction of liquid through boiling.
Plant material has been discarded, leaving thicker-than-water deep purple-red liquid.
100g of lye was slowly added to the liquid obtaining black thick liquid.

100ml of Ligroine (naphtha) used for pulling, swirling the container upside down and pipetting then shooting the naphtha back under the solution and then waiting for full separation. All this repeated 4x.

Naphtha pulled from main container (while slightly cloudy) and put into tupperware glass container -> freezer.

36 hours passed, upon inspection naphtha was not cloudy anymore and nice white crystals formed.

container was quickly taken out of freezer, naphtha poured off in another container and tupperware container put inclined vertically in front of fan set on low.

It looked quite good with many crystals looking whitish and "dry" but they started soon to become "shiny" and then blobby and oily.

Process has been stopped and relative FAQ article has been read.

So now the discarded naphtha has been poured back into the tupperware and the tupperware has been put in hot water (50C) bath hoping to see everything melted again but there's still quite a bit of oily bits on the bottom of the tupperware that seem to take forever to redissolve..

The aim would be to put back in freezer until it precipitates again, then pour off naphtha and immediately put lid back on and container back in freezer upside down, repeat until no naphtha is present in the lid..

in this correct?
Should it be waited for all the oily bits to dissolve first?

please advise

bless

Gowpen
#29 Posted : 6/30/2018 3:03:59 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Your Writings wrote:

Followed an AB tek,

100g of MHRB powder, 3x acidified water boils + reduction of liquid through boiling.
Plant material has been discarded, leaving thicker-than-water deep purple-red liquid.
100g of lye was slowly added to the liquid obtaining black thick liquid. How much liquid did you have, thick black liquid rings alarm bells.

100ml of Ligroine (naphtha) used for pulling, swirling the container upside down and pipetting then shooting the naphtha back under the solution and then waiting for full separation. All this repeated 4x.

Naphtha pulled from main container (while slightly cloudy) and put into tupperware glass container -> freezer. Maybe not cold enough ! what temp was the 36 hours , get a thermometer next time Smile

36 hours passed, upon inspection naphtha was not cloudy anymore and nice white crystals formed.

container was quickly taken out of freezer, naphtha poured off in another container and tupperware container put inclined vertically in front of fan set on low. Please dont use 'tupper ware' Naptha is a plastic melting solvent. use glass

It looked quite good with many crystals looking whitish and "dry" but they started soon to become "shiny" and then blobby and oily. This could be Ice in the Naptha

So now the discarded naphtha has been poured back into the tupperware and the tupperware has been put in hot water (50C) bath hoping to see everything melted again but there's still quite a bit of oily bits on the bottom of the tupperware that seem to take forever to redissolve..

The aim would be to put back in freezer until it precipitates again, then pour off naphtha and immediately put lid back on and container back in freezer upside down, repeat until no naphtha is present in the lid..

in this correct?
Should it be waited for all the oily bits to dissolve first? I would discard the oily bits. Plant fats/oils mostly, not needed. Re-x and re-x end up with an egg cup of Naptha, evap or freeze ( set freezer to very cold)
Hope this helps

please advise

bless

One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Your Writings
#30 Posted : 6/30/2018 4:37:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gowpen wrote:
Your Writings wrote:

Followed an AB tek,

100g of lye was slowly added to the liquid obtaining black thick liquid. How much liquid did you have, thick black liquid rings alarm bells.

about 400ml

Naphtha pulled from main container (while slightly cloudy) and put into tupperware glass container -> freezer. Maybe not cold enough ! what temp was the 36 hours , get a thermometer next time Smile

old freezer in old fridge with no temp control whatsoever..

container was quickly taken out of freezer, naphtha poured off in another container and tupperware container put inclined vertically in front of fan set on low. Please dont use 'tupper ware' Naptha is a plastic melting solvent. use glass

the "tupperware" container is made of glass, the lid is made of plastic, do you think this is ok?

It looked quite good with many crystals looking whitish and "dry" but they started soon to become "shiny" and then blobby and oily. This could be Ice in the Naptha

in this correct?
Should it be waited for all the oily bits to dissolve first? I would discard the oily bits. Plant fats/oils mostly, not needed. Re-x and re-x end up with an egg cup of Naptha, evap or freeze ( set freezer to very cold)
Hope this helps

thank you!
please advise

bless

Gowpen
#31 Posted : 7/1/2018 1:16:47 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Your Writings wrote:
Gowpen wrote:
Your Writings wrote:

Followed an AB tek,

about 400ml It may not be significant but I would have expected about a lt (1000ml)

old freezer in old fridge with no temp control whatsoever..

the "tupperware" container is made of glass, the lid is made of plastic, do you think this is ok?

in this correct?
Hope this helps

thank you!
please advise

bless

One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Your Writings
#32 Posted : 7/1/2018 9:32:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh boy,

the advices have been followed.
freeze precipitation container (with many small crystal lumps) has been drained and put back in freezer upside down.
2 hours passed and the cover has been opened, inspected, put back on and the container back into the freezer with cover and upside down.

it's pretty hot here so the idea came of using a cooler pack (the ones kept in freezer for injuries etc) to keep the container cool while evading naphtha traces with the fan.

so it has been done: container opened and tilted 45 deg upside down, fan blowing in it and the ice pack resting on its back to keep it cool.

Looked like success: crystals stayed dry and fluffy.

20 minutes passed and no smell of naphtha was detectable, even the condensed water on the inner sides of container was dried..

so it was proceeded to scrape the container and it all looked very good, please see first picture.

then the result was put into a small jar to further dry and store and as soon as it hit the jar everything melted, releasing some water in the process, it is known it is water because it has been drained in a dish and is not smelly and does not evaps fast as naphtha.

what went wrong?

what can be done to remedy this?

SWIM wants to leave this melted goo (quite runny and liquid, it moves around slowly if one turns the container..) to dry and solidify but from tomorrow she will leave for two weeks.. is it ok to leave it covered with a cloth at room temp? - it is fairly warm here and it could get to 40C..

thanks for your help
Your Writings attached the following image(s):
IMG_3170.JPG (83kb) downloaded 195 time(s).
IMG_3171.JPG (98kb) downloaded 190 time(s).

Your Writings
#33 Posted : 7/4/2018 10:27:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electro Monk wrote:
i always put my extract into the oven at 95°c for 10 minutes.

it will liquefy the dmt, allow it to form a puddle. let it congeal over night.

such tasty amber chocolate. almost clear from good source while liquid, pale yellow the next day.

Hi, the next day in what form do you find it?
Do you intentionally melt it to make Changa?
Aren't you concerned to oxidize the spice by heating it into the oven? I'm not questioning the validity of your method, I'm just interested and curious.. still a newcomer here..
Thanks!

null24
#34 Posted : 7/6/2018 7:37:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'd never seen fluffy liquify like that, but my advice would be to let it dry for several days at room temp.

If you kept it cold, hitting the warm glass looks like it was enough to melt it.

It's a tiny bit like when i take some cannabis oil out of the freezer to smoke. It's crackly and hard as long as i use frozen tools but as soon as it hits the pipe it turns gooey. Although in your case you are trying to get your spice to a point where it will stay crumbly and oil will never be that way, so it's not like that at all.

So maybe a week in the glass at an angle without cold packs would help. Patience bites. Maybe put some cheesecloth over it to k keep dust out...

Or enhance some mullien.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Your Writings
#35 Posted : 7/7/2018 12:32:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I'd never seen fluffy liquify like that, but my advice would be to let it dry for several days at room temp.

If you kept it cold, hitting the warm glass looks like it was enough to melt it.

It's a tiny bit like when i take some cannabis oil out of the freezer to smoke. It's crackly and hard as long as i use frozen tools but as soon as it hits the pipe it turns gooey. Although in your case you are trying to get your spice to a point where it will stay crumbly and oil will never be that way, so it's not like that at all.

So maybe a week in the glass at an angle without cold packs would help. Patience bites. Maybe put some cheesecloth over it to k keep dust out...

Or enhance some mullien.

Thanks!

Tony6Strings
#36 Posted : 12/18/2018 2:59:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
but what you CAN do...is get some sweet yellow impure crystals...and hold them in your hand for about awhile...and then it will melt into a puddle...then let it sit in a drawer for awhile..and it will solidify...then you will have super dense spice...all you need is that smallest little chunk...and BAM!

THIS!!! Found this thread a while back. I was in the middle of an extraction, oohing and aahing over some beautiful freeze precipitated crystals, scraped together one of the largest pulls to put into a container. Shortly after transfer I noticed my crystals were melting in the jar. Oh boy did I freak out! Within a day this stuff had hardened. It is a solid like a rock chunk of spirit molecule. Thank you Nexus!
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20181218_061453.jpg (469kb) downloaded 114 time(s).
IMG_20181218_061858.jpg (599kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

PREV12