We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Awareness Poster Options

MelCat
#1 Posted : 6/4/2011 5:29:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I really want to start doing more activism and help spread more awareness.

I figure one good way is to make some posters with links to sites that people can feed their brains some unfiltered information.

This is a rough draft of a poster I am working on.

I'm attaching the photoshop psd file so if anyone would like to tweak it out and reupload it, they can.

Any ideas, suggestions, critiques or anything else you might have to contribute is highly appreciated.

Thanks Very happy

Edit: This is the 2nd Revision of the poster and psd file.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 6/4/2011 5:56:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a problem might arise with the "Educate yourself" list--if somebody glanced through it and saw one thing they thought was "iffy" then they'd dismiss the entire thing.

But if you headed the list with a phrase like "Try on a new and different idea!" or something similarly open-ended, then they would have the tendency to LOOK for something new and interesting, instead of looking for a reason NOT to look any further.

That's my 2 cents...

jamie
#3 Posted : 6/4/2011 6:14:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I wouldnt recomend anyone to watch zeitgeist personally. The whole film comes at you with this dark sort of desperate and helpless vibe..I just dont like it. It seems to be something based more on spreading fear than awareness.
Long live the unwoke.

Apoc
#4 Posted : 6/4/2011 6:44:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with swimfriend. One bad link could sour the whole idea, so be careful with what links are on there. It's supposed to be about learning and awareness, and then I saw the Love Police on there and was like, ".... nah".

Enoon
#5 Posted : 6/4/2011 9:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Personally I don't like the idea of putting these CT-type things into the context of awakening etc. I think they are a kind of hang-up and a mere reaction to what is going on, but with no benefit or potential to overcome what we feel is negative.

the idea of the poster in general I find good. But I would try to look for things that are actually progressive instead of convoluted, fear promoting and disempowering.

How about something like this interview with
Barbara Marx Hubbard? Or this one with Stan Grof?
the Pinchbeck movie "2012 Time for a Change" is also quite nice.

Change consciousness, change the value system, so we can change the world. But in order to reach people I think one key is to offer alternatives - like what kind of system? What are the options and ideas? The Pinchbeck movie offers some. What are others?

Another thing is to actually offer a comprehensive look at consciousness and give an outlook as to where it can develop to - what about things like Integral Theory?
Take a look at this article or in general Integral Ecology.

How can we bring these kind of thoughts closer to people without them having to read 1k-page books by Wilber? Striking up conversations, handing out short informational flyers with prompts to think about certain things - anywhere from psychedelics to consciousness - with this one focus - to raise awareness and create a more positive world. I would try to steer away from CTs or anything that is like a CT. Try to address what is positive and what can be made more positive, rather than focus on what is negative.

Just some thoughts. If I can think of more I will be back.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

joedirt
#6 Posted : 6/4/2011 1:13:08 PM

Not I

I like it and I think it's a great idea.

FractalEnchantment wrote:
I wouldnt recomend anyone to watch zeitgeist personally. The whole film comes at you with this dark sort of desperate and helpless vibe..I just dont like it. It seems to be something based more on spreading fear than awareness.

The truth hurts...and the truth is pretty dark. Most people like to dismiss the Zeitgeist as conspiracy theory, but most do so with out actually going through the list of references provided to back up their claims. I'll be the first to admit some of the references are pretty iffy, but when put in the broader context I personally feel that the ideas, especially around religion, have enough evidence to be taken seriously or at least explored in a more rigorous fashion. I do agree that the movie could have been presented differently, but then consider the audience....a world full of people stoned on t.v. They had to do something shocking to get the attention of the reality t.v. masses.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 6/4/2011 3:31:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I stand by our earlier discussion of zeitgeist/venus project and feel that this poster would turn off many critical thinkers.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
As to "Zeitgeist"; while they make many relevant and valid points, the entire video has an agenda as it is a publication of the Venus Project. While the Venus Project may sound magically delicious, my problem (that they don't answer in their videos or publications and that no one on this or other sites has been able to answer yet) is; they provide no mechanism of action. Society collapses and then the Venus Project magically appears out of it. This is the gist of what they allude to happening (and if you pay attention, they tiptoe very carefully around the society collapsing part). To my mind, it's a great ideal to strive for, but it lacks any sort of foundation in the real world as it ignores both the collapse and what that entails as well as the actual implementation of the VP.

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
My personal opinion on The Venus Project stance of the collapse, and I could be way off track but it sounds reasonable in my mind...

Basically, the more awareness we bring to The Venus Project, the less likely people will riot since they know about a better alternative. The current status of the Spain protests are a great example of this. The people know what they want, and more importantly, what they DO NOT want. I don't want to spoil the latest zeitgeist, but the very end of the film shows the outcome I think they wish to see.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
To my mind, that is not a mechanism, but a hope. It does not cover creating the infrastructure or the foundation, it does not present an answer to the question of "How do we transfer?" You can't transfer to a "better system" without having a blueprint for creating that system and that is what I am saying has been omitted by them in their various PR campaigns.

Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

joedirt
#8 Posted : 6/4/2011 3:50:38 PM

Not I

Honestly if people are turned off by the venus project then they probably aren't the right audience no? They do have an agenda...but then shouldn't there be an agenda? Isn't working to change the world to a better place an agenda?

Look don't get me wrong I'm not waving signs in support of the Venus project (honestly I haven't looked that far into it), but at least they have started the process of doing something to change things...

I think we can all agree that there isn't going to be a single magic bullet approach that everyone in the world is going to jump on. We need as many approaches out there as possible IMO.

Perhaps several posters... Melodic catastrophe has already taken enough time to start down one direction and I applaud him for it. Even though he won't attract everyone and certainly some will be turned off by it, there will undoubtable be others that gravitate towards it. I mean the zeitgeist youtube videos have over 4 million hits...Like it or not they are waking some people up to alternative way's of thinking and that's a great thing in my opinion.

Basically as long as we are working towards a common good I don't really see a right or wrong at this stage. Once the collapse happens and the rebuilt starts I will have much stronger opinions about right vs. wrong...assuming I'm even alive for it. Smile

I say roll with Melodic. Your heart pushed you in a direction and should respond to it....as you have! Consider what everyone is saying, but in the end blaze your own path...especially since you've already gotten the critical forward momentum!

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

MelCat
#9 Posted : 6/4/2011 4:16:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
I think a problem might arise with the "Educate yourself" list--if somebody glanced through it and saw one thing they thought was "iffy" then they'd dismiss the entire thing.

But if you headed the list with a phrase like "Try on a new and different idea!" or something similarly open-ended, then they would have the tendency to LOOK for something new and interesting, instead of looking for a reason NOT to look any further.

That's my 2 cents...

I think this is a great idea. I know some people don't have any desire to educate themselves. They might however, be willing to "Try on something different".

I'll update that part of the flyer on the next revision. Thanks for pointing that out.

fractal enchantment wrote:

I understand what you are saying and somewhat agree. While the first and second zeitgeist films really had a dark, menacing and in your face vibe, I agree with JoeDirt in that people are so numb and dumb that nothing is shocking anymore. You can't just tap a lot of people on the shoulder anymore, you have to hit them with a brick in a lot cases.

The latest Zeitgeist film, Moving Forward, stayed away from a lot of the questionable and CT type material and put a LOT of effort into just sticking to the facts.

I know that a lot of people will be turned off just by seeing the world Zeitgeist, but a lot more people who haven't heard anything about it previously could possibly benefit from it.

I know that it helped me to start questioning how things are and why they are like that.

Enoon wrote:
Personally I don't like the idea of putting these CT-type things into the context of awakening etc. I think they are a kind of hang-up and a mere reaction to what is going on, but with no benefit or potential to overcome what we feel is negative.

the idea of the poster in general I find good. But I would try to look for things that are actually progressive instead of convoluted, fear promoting and disempowering.

How about something like this interview with
Barbara Marx Hubbard? Or this one with Stan Grof?
the Pinchbeck movie "2012 Time for a Change" is also quite nice.

Change consciousness, change the value system, so we can change the world. But in order to reach people I think one key is to offer alternatives - like what kind of system? What are the options and ideas? The Pinchbeck movie offers some. What are others?

Another thing is to actually offer a comprehensive look at consciousness and give an outlook as to where it can develop to - what about things like Integral Theory?
Take a look at this article or in general Integral Ecology.

How can we bring these kind of thoughts closer to people without them having to read 1k-page books by Wilber? Striking up conversations, handing out short informational flyers with prompts to think about certain things - anywhere from psychedelics to consciousness - with this one focus - to raise awareness and create a more positive world. I would try to steer away from CTs or anything that is like a CT. Try to address what is positive and what can be made more positive, rather than focus on what is negative.

Just some thoughts. If I can think of more I will be back.

Thanks for your input Enoon. I'm definitely seeing that the general consensus is to stay away from the CT type stuff. I do like your alternatives though. Focus on what you do want vs what you do not want.

I think that we should work on several flyers so that if something doesn't appeal to one audience, there are other flyers that might. I'd be willing to put out a different flyer every weekend in the hopes of attracting as many people as possible.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I stand by our earlier discussion of zeitgeist/venus project and feel that this poster would turn off many critical thinkers.

I never replied again to that thread because I didn't feel it was the best place for that particular discussion.

When I said - the more awareness we bring to The Venus Project, the less likely people will riot since they know about a better alternative, I failed to mention that they are working on a full length motion picture that shows everyone what is possible.

I believe that if/when they accomplish this and people see what Earth and Humanity "could" be like then hopefully they will demand it. We have the resources to make it a reality today, we just don't have the right people in place to order the changes.

When people wake up, they will feel more empowered with the feeling that they can make a difference. I know I personally feel more motivated to bring about change after watching the films.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys that are knocking the Venus Project and The Zeitgeist films have actually watched Designing The Future by Jacque Fresco?

If you haven't watched it, please do, so that we're all on the same page.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
To my mind, that is not a mechanism, but a hope. It does not cover creating the infrastructure or the foundation, it does not present an answer to the question of "How do we transfer?" You can't transfer to a "better system" without having a blueprint for creating that system and that is what I am saying has been omitted by them in their various PR campaigns.

They have all of the "blueprints" for creating the cities, buildings and infrastructure.. The only thing they don't have is an overwhelming support from the public demanding that we at least TRY it.

joedirt wrote:
Honestly if people are turned off by the venus project then they probably aren't the right audience no? They do have an agenda...but then shouldn't there be an agenda? Isn't working to change the world to a better place an agenda?

Look don't get me wrong I'm not waving signs in support of the Venus project (honestly I haven't looked that far into it), but at least they have started the process of doing something to change things...

I think we can all agree that there isn't going to be a single magic bullet approach that everyone in the world is going to jump on. We need as many approaches out there as possible IMO.

Perhaps several posters... Melodic catastrophe has already taken enough time to start down one direction and I applaud him for it. Even though he won't attract everyone and certainly some will be turned off by it, there will undoubtable be others that gravitate towards it. I mean the zeitgeist youtube videos have over 4 million hits...Like it or not they are waking some people up to alternative way's of thinking and that's a great thing in my opinion.

Basically as long as we are working towards a common good I don't really see a right or wrong at this stage. Once the collapse happens and the rebuilt starts I will have much stronger opinions about right vs. wrong...assuming I'm even alive for it. Smile

I say roll with Melodic. Your heart pushed you in a direction and should respond to it....as you have! Consider what everyone is saying, but in the end blaze your own path...especially since you've already gotten the critical forward momentum!

Peace

Thank you Joe! Your post sums up exactly how I feel. A lot of people don't like what these films and organizations are doing, at least they are doing something. A lot of good has come from the message they are spreading and there is a lot more potential there if we can get more people on board.

I find it sad how fast everyone dismisses the idea. To each their own I guess.

I'll make more posters and I encourage others to do the same. We might not be able to make a one size fits all poster, but we can have enough posters that there is something for everyone.

Like you said Joe, we're all working toward a common goal here.

And thank you again for some inspiration Joe, your post really made me feel good.

If this poster only helps to wake one person up, it's worth it to me.

I love you guys <3

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 6/4/2011 5:30:12 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I don't mean to discourage you, by all means, take any action you feel necessary or important, that's all any of us can do. I do like the idea of raising awareness through posters and think that multiple posters (not necessarily even apparently associated with each other) may be the "best" route for such consciousness raising as it would allow for you to pull in people from different walks of life that you might lose haveing one all-encompassing poster.

I have seen designing the future, I still think the VP lacks many mechanisms for implementing their concepts. Blueprints are all fine and well, but geothermal plants need to be constructed along with all of the actual infrastructure. That's no small task. I'm not against trying it...I'm just waiting to see comprehensive plans for putting the whole thing into place, including the actual shift from where we are to where they want to take us. I think it's an admirable idea and a much needed shift (whether it's the VP or something else, something has to change). I try to live where the rubber meets the road and as much as they have presented, there are still significant holes in the picture they are presenting, imo.

As to joedirt, I would say I am turned off by the VP, but probably qualify as the "right" audience. As I've stated, I'm just waiting to see the full plan, with no significant holes laid out before saying, "Let's go this route." I think it would be doing humanity (or at least any society trying to implement such a project) a disservice to begin to head down a road that has not been fully prepared for the task at hand. If the VP/zeitgeist movement ever lays it out in its entirety (and perhaps that's what this movie will do) I will fully support them...I'm not just being cranky about this for no reason. Such a change essentially requires putting all of our eggs in one basket. I'm not willing to do that until I know that the basket has been designed properly to ensure minimal breakage...or at least as minimal can be expected in a global or even regional paradigm shift.
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

jamie
#11 Posted : 6/4/2011 5:44:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

joedirt wrote:
I like it and I think it's a great idea.

FractalEnchantment wrote:

The truth hurts...and the truth is pretty dark. Most people like to dismiss the Zeitgeist as conspiracy theory, but most do so with out actually going through the list of references provided to back up their claims. I'll be the first to admit some of the references are pretty iffy, but when put in the broader context I personally feel that the ideas, especially around religion, have enough evidence to be taken seriously or at least explored in a more rigorous fashion. I do agree that the movie could have been presented differently, but then consider the audience....a world full of people stoned on t.v. They had to do something shocking to get the attention of the reality t.v. masses.

I dont find it to be conspiracy, or far from the truth..my thing is that they dont offer any sort of alternative inspiration to people. The film is not something I would show to people to inspire them to create change. I just find that it highlights alot of things that tend to focus on fear without balancing that with something to provide people with hope. I think there is something greater at play here based on my own experience and becasue of that I dont see much value in an ideology that is about fear and doom without seeing the other side to all of this. I guess I still cling to the idea that we arent done yet, and that may be one of my faults..but if we are all fucked than at least some hope and light in a dark place isnt going to make this all any worse.

I am not saying it is good to be naive. It is good to be informed. Maybe it is how it is presented..i dunno.
Long live the unwoke.

MelCat
#12 Posted : 6/4/2011 6:14:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I'm not just being cranky about this for no reason. Such a change essentially requires putting all of our eggs in one basket. I'm not willing to do that until I know that the basket has been designed properly to ensure minimal breakage...or at least as minimal can be expected in a global or even regional paradigm shift.

I understand where you are coming from but lets get real. Our current system is like a gun pointed at the head of our planet. TVP is a step in the right direction by addressing problems and finding ways to solve them.

The way our current political systems work, we do not take all of the issues into consideration. If a solution isn't profitable, it is ignored. We have elected leaders who decide which problems will be addressed and how they will be addressed. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Politicians DO NOT solve problems, they aren't trained to. They are trained in lip service and power strategies. Scientists and engineers are the people who really solve todays problems.

The main thing that I admire about the Venus Project is their rational towards the Scientific Method. You come up with a hypothesis, you test it, document it and take it back to the drawing board to improve it. It would be an evolution just like anything else. No one has ALL of the answers. Why do you insist that they must? They are just laying the foundation for us to build upon. It is really up to us and that's why I'm choosing to do whatever I can.

It would be awesome to see it tested on a small scale but our current monetary system prevents that. It would be way too expensive to implement. Not to mention it is in direct opposition with the goals and ideals of the monetary system. Giving away everything for free?? Our current leaders will never see that happen unless we demand it.

The current system has to crumble and TVP will rise from it's ashes. But only if the majority of humanity is on the same page and chooses to evolve co-creatively vs rioting, hoarding and general non-sense.

That's why in the other thread I tipped my hat at the revolutionaries in Spain. If we can get something like that going on in every major city in the world, they wouldn't have any choice but to listen.

MelCat
#13 Posted : 6/4/2011 6:17:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my thing is that they dont offer any sort of alternative inspiration to people.
Maybe it is how it is presented..i dunno.

I agree with this. The main reason I want to bring awareness to it is so that people know that there are alternative ways to do things. That our current system isn't the only thing possible.

I think it's a great foundation for us to build on and they need support.

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 6/4/2011 6:40:41 PM

omnia sunt communia!

I really don't want to argue on this, as I think we really do agree on all the major points. I'm well aware of the flaws with our system and the ineffectiveness of politicians who are all tied to major corporate sponsors and capitalistic interests/investments. In such a system the common man is outcast, plain and simple and there are numerous issues with this system, far too many to list here. I'm a huge Chomsky fan and he does an excellent job of outlining this in countless examples (his newest book is outstanding, I'd highly recommend "Hope and Prospects" to you MC, it's probably right up your alley).

The current system has to crumble and TVP will rise from it's ashes.

This is the oft-touted line of zeitgeist and other VP pr films that I take major issue with. As you yourself acknowledge prior to this statment, it takes tremendous resources and capital to undertake these projects. I wish I could envision a peaceful revolt in the US where the elite, ruling class would roll over in such a way that such capital would be available, but I don't. It hasn't even happened in Spain and while these uprisings seem inspirational, only time will tell what real-world net effect the have on anything.

This rising out of the ashes is the biggest hole in the VP I have an issue with and, imo, it sounds very similar to a lot of religious "leaps of faith". As I said, I don't wish to argue this, it is merely my opinion/pov and I could very easily be entirely wrong. If this is ever addressed in a way that makes sense to my mind and the architectural framework of the society still looks like it can be implemented, the VP would have my full support. Until that time I maintain my scientific skepticism.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

MelCat
#15 Posted : 6/4/2011 6:59:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I'd highly recommend "Hope and Prospects" to you MC, it's probably right up your alley).

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
As you yourself acknowledge prior to this statment, it takes tremendous resources and capital to undertake these projects. I wish I could envision a peaceful revolt in the US where the elite, ruling class would roll over in such a way that such capital would be available, but I don't. It hasn't even happened in Spain and while these uprisings seem inspirational, only time will tell what real-world net effect the have on anything.

Yes it would take tremendous resources. I'm of the belief that when people say there isn't enough money, it really means there isn't enough cooperation. If we got enough able minds on board, who said "To hell with the costs, let's make this happen" we would start to see all of the missing pieces fall into place.

SnozzleBerry wrote:
This rising out of the ashes is the biggest hole in the VP I have an issue with and, imo, it sounds very similar to a lot of religious "leaps of faith". As I said, I don't wish to argue this, it is merely my opinion/pov and I could very easily be entirely wrong. If this is ever addressed in a way that makes sense to my mind and the architectural framework of the society still looks like it can be implemented, the VP would have my full support. Until that time I maintain my scientific skepticism.

I don't wish to argue either and I respect your position. I wish I had more details to fill in the blanks but I do not. I just want to stay optimistic that something like what they propose could become a reality, even if it's not that exact vision.

I really do appreciate everyone's input and don't mean to come off sounding like a fanatic. I just have a passion to try to make some kind of a difference. I've been a human "being" for awhile now and not really doing much with myself. I've had some pretty deep revelations with my trips lately and it's really lit a fire under my ass to start making a difference.

I just want to get as many people thinking about the bigger picture as possible.

joedirt
#16 Posted : 6/4/2011 8:29:16 PM

Not I

SnozzleBerry wrote:
As to joedirt, I would say I am turned off by the VP, but probably qualify as the "right" audience. As I've stated, I'm just waiting to see the full plan, with no significant holes laid out before saying, "Let's go this route." I think it would be doing humanity (or at least any society trying to implement such a project) a disservice to begin to head down a road that has not been fully prepared for the task at hand. If the VP/zeitgeist movement ever lays it out in its entirety (and perhaps that's what this movie will do) I will fully support them...I'm not just being cranky about this for no reason. Such a change essentially requires putting all of our eggs in one basket. I'm not willing to do that until I know that the basket has been designed properly to ensure minimal breakage...or at least as minimal can be expected in a global or even regional paradigm shift.

I completely agree with everything you say. I'm not fully supporting the zeitgeist, the venus project, or anything at this point. It is a long long way from here to there, and to be perfectly honest most of us alive today likely won't be around to see the fruit of our labor. Our generation(s) however have to start planting the seeds pretty soon I think. This is a very long term project that puts the planet and future generations ahead of our current individual desires to have everything....are we as a species ready for this yet?

.. I dont see much value in an ideology that is about fear and doom without seeing the other side to all of this. I guess I still cling to the idea that we arent done yet, and that may be one of my faults..but if we are all fucked than at least some hope and light in a dark place isnt going to make this all any worse.

I agree with you completely here. There is no sense in being completely doom and gloom about it because the more negative people become the worse things will get. But sometimes people have to get scared into action...some people are just motivated differently. You, me, and most everyone around the nexus is motivated by the desire to see the greatest possible outcome for all of mankind. Other people are motivated by their own personal greed and aren't likely to be motivated to go in the right direction until they are scared their way of life is going to collapse....yes it's sad.

Enoon
#17 Posted : 6/5/2011 1:32:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

MC, I think the idea with the different flyers is very good. There are many different people with different backgrounds, talents and unique abilities/energies. Some will find a philosophical approach more appealing, others a more political one and others again a practical one, etc. I think it is so important to integrate all of these into our culture of change so that they can dynamically interact with one-another and that everyone can find their place to assist this change/contribute. I think this is an important issue. If you want to reach people one way would be to make them feel like they can actually be a part of it, that it's within their reach to contribute to it.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 6/5/2011 7:57:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If i were to make a poster, it would not have demanding, activist-ish overtones..."you must do this!!" "You have to be this!!!". It would propably be a simple message, a greeting and a wish for wellbeeing. People will start to find out, once they're capable of finding out. Ego never finds anything out but itself. Who cares about some venus project or any other eleaborate scheme? It will certainly arise once more people are tuned in. But how can you force it?

DMTripper
#19 Posted : 6/5/2011 3:03:54 PM

John Murdoch IV

SnozzleBerry wrote:

No one has the answer how we should move from current system to the next one. No one has figured that out. We're not there yet. But it's going to happen. It's evolution and nothing can stop evolution. But it's good to have some model and ideas ready when shit happens. I don't think it's going to be an easy transition but I think it's unavoidable. Somehow we just have to pull through. The only thing I know is that we need to work together.
If termites can build their super societies without investment bankers then humans should be able to make something when we reach the point where we acknowledge that we have to work
together as a whole. Not like predators always competing. We have to overcome those animal instincts and become something greater than homo sapiens sapiens.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

d*l*b
#20 Posted : 6/5/2011 4:16:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
I think a problem might arise with the "Educate yourself" list--if somebody glanced through it and saw one thing they thought was "iffy" then they'd dismiss the entire thingโ€ฆ

I think this is a great idea. I know some people don't have any desire to educate themselves. They might however, be willing to "Try on something different".

I donโ€™t know if this is just about those who โ€œdon't have any desire to educate themselvesโ€.

I am an advocate of education (although not so much in a formal setting) and yet to me your original wording is off-putting. It implies ignorance, which โ€“ whether or not it is true of the viewer, is not the best way to start.

I think adding fractals to your image will also turn off many viewers, as they will just see the content as having been created by a hippy/spacehead and therefore not relevant to them.
D × V × F > R

12NEXT