We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris Brachystachys Info/Extraction Options

nuclear
#1 Posted : 6/3/2011 6:37:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, from various sources i have gained the information which concludes in that P. Brachystachys has the highest potency % of nndmt out of phalaris species, some also suggest that nndmt is its main alkaloid which seems to imply that theres barely anything toxic (garmine) in it. information i couldnt find is ways of extracting nndmt out of this specific strain of phalaris and what part of it should be extracted? please help before all the amount i picked dies completelyMad

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Shadowman-x
#2 Posted : 6/4/2011 10:37:17 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

First off, the active constituents will likely stay active even if it dries, so drying it is no worry.
Second, I'm fairly sure the leaves have the highest concentration of alkaloids.
As it stands, even the small amounts of gramine and hordenine are not worth taking into your body!
So we are still looking for ways to further purify spice extracted from phalaris.
Experiment? Yes. But be careful!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 6/9/2011 6:53:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

gramine is mildly soluble in acetone..so putting your extract in acetone and then throw it in the freezer MIGHT precip gramine
it's a sound

Imperfect
#4 Posted : 6/9/2011 9:27:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
gramine is mildly soluble in acetone..so putting your extract in acetone and then throw it in the freezer MIGHT precip gramine

Bbbut... Other alkaloids are soluble too! You mean adding acetone in what stage? Mainly acetone will go into water or even naphtha. And dissolve powder imo.
Better Living Through Chemistry

nuclear
#5 Posted : 6/9/2011 11:40:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swim possess not even the most elementry knowledge in chemistry necessary for understanding each step's or substances importance in any of these tek's available, so my is basically if swim wants to extract dmt out of phalaris, knowing that it conclude in having a "goo" as the end product so described by swim's who practiced these teks using phalaris, and that due to the levels of fat in phalaris which in that aspect is different tham mimosa which is the favorite plant and the main one inteded for use with this teks, could anyone suggest swim a procedure for seperating the most dmt out of phalaris in its useful form?

congo
#6 Posted : 6/11/2011 3:08:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i have done stb on Brachystachys then bung some naptha in that ,got naptha off and a golden yellow nice smelling sticky goo was left.i do not know what this is because i havent smoked it.i am sorry i cant offer more.i might grow some more this year and try again .

Noman
#7 Posted : 6/12/2011 12:47:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nuclear wrote:
swim possess not even the most elementry knowledge in chemistry necessary for understanding each step's or substances importance in any of these tek's available

You're going to need that knowledge to be successful.
Read.
You can extract phalaris with a standard A/B and lots of defats.
Follow it up by salting out the NP and another A/B if you want a cleaner product.
To my knowledge, there is no procedure for separating out grammine, but some say that the heat of an A/B or vaporization destroys it.

lcolivier72
#8 Posted : 4/21/2012 2:51:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No extraction is needed. It can contain up to 3% dmt. I found this information on another forum. Hope it is useful.

In a later publication, "The Entheogen Review", DeKorne has more information on Phalaris extraction: "The latest scoop is that you don't even have to use chemical extractions anymore - run several handfuls of grass through a wheatgrass juicer (sold in most health food stores) and you'll wind up with a glass or so of incredibly potent liquid. One teaspoon (with MAO inhibition, of course), is a standard dose with strong grass. Only two teaspoons proved very challenging to one of my correspondents - an OD! The juice can be dried and smoked in a bong - two tokes will usually do it."

endlessness
#9 Posted : 4/21/2012 2:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats a very unsafe recommendation. Phalaris often has toxic alkaloids, do NOT drink whole phalaris brews without being sure they have an appropriate alkaloid profile. Read link in my signature and all links in that thread.

lcolivier72
#10 Posted : 4/21/2012 3:03:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Phalaris brachystachys contains very litle to no gramine. Not sure about other strains of Phalaris

endlessness
#11 Posted : 4/21/2012 3:09:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats a tall comment, and one that puts others who follow it at risk, so care to show some mass spectra or better back up your argument?

We have had a member here test some brachystachys with LC-MS and it did have gramine. Phalaris alkaloid content changes depending on many factors, check out the links I mentioned.

lcolivier72
#12 Posted : 4/21/2012 3:13:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Use it don't use it. This method has worked for me every time.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 4/21/2012 3:19:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The point is not whether it works.

It could even have gramine, and yet still 'work' (psychoactive effects) if there are also other alkaloids such as DMT or other tryptamines and beta carbolines. Maybe you dont feel any negative effects, but maybe you will have negative health effects if you keep using it, or maybe you can keep using it without bad effects if you always harvest from same phalaris location, maybe if you harvest in different time of the year it will be more toxic, etc etc etc.

This is not an attack to you and im glad you share your experience and knowledge, but honestly I think even you yourself should be worried and curious regarding alkaloid content and not just satisfied that 'it works'.. Each one to their own though, but if you spread this knowledge around be sure to include the disclaimer of potential toxic alkaloids to others so that they can decide for themselves if its worth it.

lcolivier72
#14 Posted : 4/21/2012 3:25:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

maximum respect. Each to his own as you put it.

Doodazzle
#15 Posted : 4/21/2012 3:37:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What I've read, here at the nexus, is that limonene does not pull gramine. As such, it should be a fairly simple matter to obtain phalaris and run one of the eco teks.

Really, this has been my big hope all winter--that the universe is just so organised in such a way that I can walk out my door, scoop up some locally abundant plant matter and run a petrol-free extraction and have dmt thereby.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

fourthripley
#16 Posted : 4/21/2012 11:08:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

With unprocessed Phalaris brews I would venture the biggest problem is that of ingesting unknown, potentialy large, doses of 5meo DMT. There are not a few reports of 5meo plus MAOI's resulting in toxic and dangerous effects scattered across the net.
mistakes were made

avalon11
#17 Posted : 5/2/2020 12:40:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

It could even have gramine, and yet still 'work' (psychoactive effects) if there are also other alkaloids such as DMT or other tryptamines and beta carbolines. Maybe you dont feel any negative effects, but maybe you will have negative health effects if you keep using it, or maybe you can keep using it without bad effects if you always harvest from same phalaris location, maybe if you harvest in different time of the year it will be more toxic, etc etc etc.

This is not an attack to you and im glad you share your experience and knowledge, but honestly I think even you yourself should be worried and curious regarding alkaloid content and not just satisfied that 'it works'.. Each one to their own though, but if you spread this knowledge around be sure to include the disclaimer of potential toxic alkaloids to others so that they can decide for themselves if its worth it.

But gramine can be separated using non polar solvent such hexane or naptha?

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 5/2/2020 2:12:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

avalon11 wrote:
endlessness wrote:

But gramine can be separated using non polar solvent such hexane or naptha?

Yes, but the point was that:
lcolivier72 wrote:
No extraction is needed. It can contain up to 3% dmt. I found this information on another forum.

which was potentially dangerous advice, hence the discussion (some eight years ago, no less!)

There are several active Phalaris threads at the moment. This wasn't one of them.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli