We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DXM and Other Worldly Entities Options

blue_velvet
#1 Posted : 10/7/2008 7:11:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ingested 600 mg of DXM at a friend's house one night. It was my second journey to the 3rd Plateau and I was quite scared as I lost all control. I had the typical feelings of impending death, but I heard or rather imagined voices in my head. I don't quite remember what they said, but it was to the tune of "Don't worry. You won't die." There were two voices, male and female, speaking in unison. This same thing happened a month later at the same dose. I was sitting in a bathroom and I "thought" those voices again. They randomly started imparting information about the human need for entertainment or something. I don't remember, but it was the same pair of voices. It hasn't happened since.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this or if it was just the drug.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

40oztofreedom
#2 Posted : 10/7/2008 11:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done a fair amount of DXM in my past. That sort of thing will do that too you. But, DXM being more of a dissociatve than an entheogen tends to make things harder to understand or pull through mentally because of the state of mind it puts you in. DXM gives you, much more of a drunken, sloppy feeling as opposed to an entheogen were you still have somewhat of a level head.
With massive amounts of DXM really anything is possible, but like I said its hard to remember and hard to pull together psychologically because you're not really "all there" when it happens. I've experienced things, quite similar before. So you're not the only one. But, without a doubt its just the drug.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 10/8/2008 2:56:22 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Fuck DXM man, getcha a cactus.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

benzyme
#4 Posted : 10/8/2008 3:14:00 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

agreed.

psychs are more "spiritual" entheogens, ime/imo. dxm was just odd. sort of felt nice (save nausea), but devoid of any profound insight. dissociation means disconnected, and that pretty much sums up the experience (primarily OBE/NDE).

I think dissociative use has a higher potential for habitual use, which tends to result in grandiosity and paranoia, not unlike cocaine and amphetamines.

but to each his/her own. always observe moderation.. just because dxm is OTC, doesn't mean it's harmless
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 10/8/2008 3:32:44 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I'd actually say it's fairly unhealthy at high doses.

Trichocereus ~ "San Pedro" is easily obtainable as is "Ayahuasca" in most parts of the world. Both are decently easy to grow, especially Trichocereus. Psychoactive mushrooms such as those in the genus Psilocybe and Panaeolus grow all over the world, and are not too difficult to hunt and identify.

Point in... the good ones are not so far out of reach as they may seem. I think cultivation is the key.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/8/2008 3:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

read the book "Into The Void" by Zoe7

its nuts...and he uses DXM to do some pretty insane things..

the next book "Back From The Void" is about him graduating to ayahuasca
it's a sound

Reborn
#7 Posted : 10/8/2008 4:57:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Just my 2 cents but I don't think those massive does of DXM is safe at all.
The type of preparation is key of course. I really hope what your taking is pure DXM.
Echoing what everyone else said there are safer and more effective ways to find what you seek.
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

amor_fati
#8 Posted : 10/8/2008 6:23:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

DXM has it's uses. It loses its magic after a year or less, though; even when using extracted DXM. It's certainly not healthy. It's like getting "wasted" off of psychedelics in a way that's not possible with real psychedelics

When used moderately in conjunction with psychedelics, it becomes easier to immerse oneself in the hallucinations. It can be interesting for potentiating weak psychedelics.

blue_velvet
#9 Posted : 10/8/2008 12:35:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, I use other psychedelics. I just find DXM to do something different. LSD is man-made, but all the hippies and new agers still think it's worth their time, and so do I. I believe each drug induces some state of non-ordinary reality to reference Castaneda, but I'm curious as to what can be accomplished with each. I've accomplished much with DXM, probably more than any other drug I've done. I'm just curious as to the specifics of the voice phenomenon. I'm interested in aural hallucinations. The personality of a drug. You've probably noticed that Salvia has a female characteristic. I've had similar voice phenomena with Salvia, but just a female "thought-voice" not a male.

40oztofreedom
#10 Posted : 10/9/2008 8:58:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Reborn wrote:
Just my 2 cents but I don't think those massive does of DXM is safe at all.
The type of preparation is key of course. I really hope what your taking is pure DXM.
Echoing what everyone else said there are safer and more effective ways to find what you seek.

Very good point stated.

I can't say much because as a teenage idiot in my past, I swallowed bottles of DXM plenty of times. I don't advocate it much at unless you have intentions of being a stoned zombie on a couch all night puking your guts out. That and with a lot of DXM there are plenty of other chemicals. Which in high doses are horrible for you.

Cordicidin has CPM in, which can be lethal.

Lots of Cough Medicines have Guaifinesin. (Makes you puke, and poop hot brown water for hours.:evilSmile

Make sure you get pure DXM, even then. Pure DXM cough medicine is still horrible in general.

Real Psychedelics are the way to go. Better in terms of health... and much more fun and beneficial.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 10/10/2008 12:23:34 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I'm curious as to what people think they "do" on dissociatives like DXM and ketamine. like I said, grandiosity is abundant with frequent use.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

polytrip
#12 Posted : 10/10/2008 1:41:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It's neurotoxic. Stay away from it.

benzyme
#13 Posted : 10/18/2008 1:50:28 AM

analytical chemist

neurotoxicity is bad. and the quick eye shifting is nystagmus

ironically, nmda-antagonists like pcp protect the brain from excitotoxicity resulting from excessive glutamate signalling following a stroke, and it's also neurotoxic in high doses. dxm is also an nmda-antagonist.

blue_velvet
#14 Posted : 10/26/2008 4:38:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone use this drug? Does anyone have anything to say about the drug other than what I could read in the "Recrational Use" section of its Wikipedia page or find anywhere else on the web? I'm interested in aspects of the experience. I'm not interested in what chemicals are in the syrups/pills/etc. I know CCCs are bad. I know DXM can damge the brain, cause pychosis, hurt the liver. Sure I could use peyote and DMT and mushooms and Salvia and LSD and and and...and I could use DXM because I agree with it. DXM is my annoying friend that I can tolerate but everyone else doesn't want to be around. I don't care what damage it causes. I accept it. I'm not some Dex-head shoplifting the shit from CVS on a daily basis just to pass time.

blue_velvet
#15 Posted : 10/26/2008 4:51:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Reborn wrote:

There are safer and more effective ways to find OTHER things that I seek. You can't find with mushrooms some things you can find with DMT. I also can't find with DXM what I could find with LSD. They are different drugs and do different things. I seek more than what I can get with the traditional entheogens. Those substances are pathways to realms of knowledge and experience. One path leads one place. Another leads to another.

I seek many things. I'm not afraid to go in the scary cave. Who knows what could be stored past the boobie traps and monsters?

blue_velvet
#16 Posted : 11/5/2008 5:36:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That void is also one of my favorite experiences, but I've only found it short live due to interuption. I've had many a transcendant experience on DXM shaken off because my friends felt I was "out of it" when I was really "in it." This seems to be a huge annoyance with many substances I have used, particularly Salvia. Human interferance tends to ruin my Salvia trips, causing paranoia and frustration. DXM makes the people around me nervous, but they really shouldn't worry. I always have it under control.

mew
#17 Posted : 11/8/2008 5:42:26 PM

huachumancer

'Coatl wrote:
Fuck DXM man, getcha a cactus.

or atleast natures dxm, BRUGMANSIA!>!>!>!>

mew
#18 Posted : 11/8/2008 5:51:10 PM

huachumancer

i used to dose 750mg of pure dxm everyday for two weeks

it started out by feeling as though my blood pressure were on a volcanic level, my body temperature about the same.
literally feels like youre molting skin, in the most painful way,
though after the first big dose i noticed that part of the experience to be truant ( it only returned for another first time use since my binge on "legal highs".... man was i dumb kid... still am, anyway

usually in the dissasciative state (whether it be dxm or perscription inhalents ((as i found when i was about 12)) that the voice that consoles me is of a stuttering grandmother who is usually down stairs regardless what floor im really on.

i dont remember it being scary in anyway other than, IM GOING TO DIE FROM OD'ing!!!
if you wanna kill yourself slowly, legally, and bizzarely id go with DXM,

it has tons of negative effects. my last dose (only 400 mg) left skin rashes and intense irritation for about 2-3 weeks.

i feel as though my relationship with stimulants (dxm and adderall) has given me poor peripheral circulation, in conjunction with a hereditary disease (raynaud's phenomenon)
this lead me to having purple blue extremities (even up to my knee caps solid blue)
and i adopted the imagination role of my comic character, corpse fingers the cyanaut!

then i got off adderall and never took stimulates that are stronger than chocolate since!

thank god im still alive after 50 mg perscription of ad a day and my history with abusive dissasciatives
(they were definitely my first psychocological alteration at the age of 12, i was having crazy experiences.

those which rival classic acid experiences. for instance i was aladin once and woke up on a completely smashed chair sometime later after opting for game over when the genie asked me if i choose to continue...

enjoy my rants, ill have more to share==================

blue_velvet
#19 Posted : 11/10/2008 5:32:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

suicybe wrote:

those which rival classic acid experiences. for instance i was aladin once and woke up on a completely smashed chair sometime later after opting for game over when the genie asked me if i choose to continue...

That is the most amazing thing I've ever heard.

Wow, 750 mg everyday for two weeks? That's insane. That kind of use will fuck some shit up. Lately I've been spacing my trips between a month or two. A couple of summers ago I was doing it every 2-3 days, but not generally exceeding 600 mg. Now, I just don't desire to do it as often, but every now and then I feel it's a good time.