We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello to all Leather tanning and skincare preparation peoples!! Options

christian
#1 Posted : 5/30/2011 2:01:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello all...
Today i recieved some great news to say that i have been promoted, hey hey!!...Actually i was gonna be introducing myself a short while ago, but never got around to it.

-Living in Great Britain, and having spent 5 years travelling all over Asia, and 5 Years all over Latin America, with a keen interest in learning all that there was to learn, i guess my next port of call was to try to understand the truth about life.

-I find the nexus to be a great forum to use because it really gets down to matters concerning the universal consciousness, and that is what i'm really very much interested in. I feel that as humanity grows more and more dis-satisfied with the answers from our religions, governments, and the consumer culture, that they are choosing to return to the "source of the truth" with the help of plant teachers...just like Terence Mckenna said.

-I have done quite a lot of internet studies, and made some interesting experiences on my travels.I'll do my best to give the best advice i can.

-Anyway,it's nice to be here !....Smile
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ice
#2 Posted : 5/30/2011 11:37:40 PM
silently awaiting

...and it's nice to have you!

What kind of things did you learn on your travels? Was it just about different cultures or was there an academic aspect to it? I'd be interested in hearing some of those stories.

We are...
We are like that sentence.
We are not finished.

Agave
#3 Posted : 5/30/2011 11:45:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like your sense of humorWink Welcome christian
As Within, So Without.

christian
#4 Posted : 5/31/2011 2:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Agave, and Ice!- Many thanks for the comments guys.Ice, in terms of what i learnt during my travels would be hard to describe here.let's just say that one has to leave ones old self behind, and embrace the culture that one is moving into.It's all one big, real life trip!!
-Like i say to those that wanna travel, there's only one way to find out. It's a personal journey, and one that will change your life for the better..

-Agave, i'm glad my sense of humour appeals to you!!......looking forward to speaking to you guys soon again, and everyone else at some later date. Kind Regards,chris. Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 6/4/2011 10:09:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

christian wrote:
Hello Agave, and Ice!- Many thanks for the comments guys.Ice, in terms of what i learnt during my travels would be hard to describe here.let's just say that one has to leave ones old self behind, and embrace the culture that one is moving into.It's all one big, real life trip!!
-Like i say to those that wanna travel, there's only one way to find out. It's a personal journey, and one that will change your life for the better..

-Agave, i'm glad my sense of humour appeals to you!!......looking forward to speaking to you guys soon again, and everyone else at some later date. Kind Regards,chris. Cool

welcome Christan,
i like your thoughts here on travel. i am about to embark on a journey of a lifetime myself. ive sold my house and business and unloaded most of the crap we accumulate over a lifetime in order to take to the road free and clear of time restrictions and financial obligations. i plan on spending a year or more in central and south america. its been a rough 18 months of preparation and cleansing. getting rid of all your possessions has been a bigger task than i anticipated but its also been quite a great teacher of truths.
welcome to the nexus i look forward to hearing more about your travels.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

christian
#6 Posted : 6/4/2011 10:51:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Olympus Mon, thanks for the welcome!

-Yes, i spent 6 months in Central America, and a total accumulated time of 5 years in South America, as well as a total of 5 years in Asia also. unfortunately, all these incredible experiences don't transfer well into being of much use in the 9-5 bulltish consumer culture world i now reside- ha ha!!

-You're gonna have lotsa fun, believe me!!

-Mexico is a great starting country, then into Central America, warmed up and ready for South America. The Lonely Planet guidebook is sufficient for basic advice. The rest comes from meeting other travellers along the way, and your own " on the road research ". Antigua in Guatemala, or Quito, in Ecuador are 2 great places for doing a latin American spanish course should you require it. A 1 to 2 week course makes all the difference!!..The people are open and very friendly, but you must safeguard your money and passport at all times. Leave your laptop at home...there are lotsa internet cafe's abound, etc!!...anything you wanna know.....just ask...