We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7071727374NEXT»
Art Bin Options

Orion
#1421 Posted : 10/2/2014 3:40:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome name ^

(And an awesome piece).
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anrchy
#1422 Posted : 10/2/2014 7:38:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow.

Thats all i can think of to say.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Inner Paths
#1423 Posted : 10/2/2014 12:02:56 PM

Secretary of the Interior

SalviaDroid wrote:
Guys, my collaborative Sublimated T-Shirt designs with PotentLifestyle Inc. are now available for purchase if anyone is interested! Every purchase supports me as an artist and would be much appreciated! <3 Get them here: http://potentlifestyle.com/collections/t-shirts

Those T's look great SalviaDroid, stoked for you. I will have to grab me one of those as soon as my bank account allows Thumbs up
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

beacon
#1424 Posted : 10/2/2014 1:36:00 PM

who can say

jesus Art that is disturbing. great job. how long did that take you? imagine animating the whole thing... wow.
god saved me from drowning
then kicked me to death on the beach

Sebastian
#1425 Posted : 10/2/2014 2:09:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is my latest contribution. I dedicate it to all women with balls, such as Adry del Rocio who inspired me to work with colour and my sister who can use some extra strength with the things she is dealing with. (I consider it not yet fully finished work, needs some more plants and/or animals).

"Carried by Light":
Sebastian attached the following image(s):
Carried by light 1.3 met ruis.jpg (900kb) downloaded 488 time(s).

Bill Cipher
#1426 Posted : 10/2/2014 5:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beacon wrote:
jesus Art that is disturbing. great job. how long did that take you? imagine animating the whole thing... wow.

Thanks, mang. As close as I can figure, it was probably about 1,200 hours, soup to nuts. I've been working on it everyday since February, and two of the tools (Yama's head and Hiranyaksha's pet spider) I already had completed.

This is the first really complete concept piece I've done, and the first time I've worked in this manner (with a completed piece of 2D concept art to work from). I liked it. I rejected some choices along the way and discovered a few new ones, but I knew when I started exactly what I needed to sculpt in order to get there, and I figured the timeline would run about as long as it has. The assemblage and rendering of all the separate pieces was by far the biggest challenge - much, much more so than the sculpting. That I kind of had to learn (and make up) as I went, and I felt uncertain until the past month whether or not I would actually be able to get there, or if this would just end up being a very long and tedious exercise that I couldn't actually finish.

It's 100% 3D, and probably 99% ZBrush. I used Maya to initially model a few of the hard surface pieces, but they were all then imported into ZBrush, where I did all of the heavy lifting. It's all polypainted in ZBrush, rendered with BPR render passes, and then comped together in Photoshop.

At full size it's about 5'x8'. I think I'll try to get it printed, and I still want to do a black and white clay render.

anrchy
#1427 Posted : 10/2/2014 11:44:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, 5' x 8' that would be intense to see it that large

Bill Cipher
#1428 Posted : 10/3/2014 12:02:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you download the image and blow it up to full size, that's how big it is. The detail just doesn't read any smaller, and even at that size, a fair amount isn't really visible.

anrchy
#1429 Posted : 10/3/2014 1:06:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
If you download the image and blow it up to full size, that's how big it is. The detail just doesn't read any smaller, and even at that size, a fair amount isn't really visible.

Oh i meant irl, like on a wall. Would be pretty epic. Awesome job

Bill Cipher
#1430 Posted : 10/3/2014 1:44:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you much. That's definitely my plan - to print it full size and frame the sonofabitch.

beacon
#1431 Posted : 10/3/2014 2:43:13 PM

who can say

1200 hours is madness Art, what an incredible amount of patience you must have (had).

let me know if you're looking for a solid printing deal, my guy might be able to help you out. he does some really high quality stuff, i'm not easily impressed but seeing the next level aluminum and resin finish prints he sent me in the flesh sure blew my mind. i posted a shitty iphone photo of one a few pages back but it really doesn't do it justice at all.

nodice
#1432 Posted : 10/6/2014 8:51:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Woah! just got a good look at your stuff Art.

Amazing stuff man

Hey Beacon what do those printing deals look like?

have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

Orion
#1433 Posted : 10/6/2014 10:12:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Thank you much. That's definitely my plan - to print it full size and frame the sonofabitch.

That will be absolutely epic.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

beacon
#1434 Posted : 10/7/2014 4:04:34 PM

who can say

nodice wrote:
Woah! just got a good look at your stuff Art.

Amazing stuff man

Hey Beacon what do those printing deals look like?

www.theuntappedsource.com

get in touch Smile

Bill Cipher
#1435 Posted : 10/7/2014 6:09:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did, and I have to say that his prices are very reasonable. I'm printing 37x60" on aluminum (which is about as big as he can do), and it's $633 (which includes shipping).

Very excited to see how it turns out.

fractaloctopus
#1436 Posted : 10/8/2014 1:28:29 AM

mittens

Man oh man Art. That image is crazy. At the small size in your post I wasn't too thrilled with it. It just didn't seem like a style I prefer. But when you said it took 1200 hours I had to see it full size. I downloaded the file and viewed it and was shocked to see the level of detail throughout. Amazing work! Then I centered on the crouching figure's face. I swear it started to pulsate. There is some serious power going on with this image. Utterly amazing!

Bill Cipher
#1437 Posted : 10/8/2014 1:55:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much. My aim is to fuck up yo brain.

Yeah, not to get all prima donna or anything, but you have to blow it up. It really doesn't read that well at any smaller a size.

A grey clay render is coming up within the next few days. I think it should look equally compelling, but I'm still very much in the thick of it.

Ryusaki
#1438 Posted : 10/8/2014 10:51:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
My aim is to fuck up yo brain.

Thumbs up Yes! I know exactly what you mean, as it is the same formula i use.

Drown the Brain in details until they can't take anymore and everything starts moving.

But 1200 hours. Damn! Shocked

How do you motivate yourself?
The longer i spend time on a project the more likely it is that it fails.
I tend to bite more than i can chew.

GoldenEye
#1439 Posted : 10/9/2014 11:33:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm impressed with the level of work that floats around here. I especially love, love, love Handel's collage work!!

However generous it is to have them downloadable on your Flickr, you should be making money of those Handel... Or maybe you do despite also having them downloadable? Are they digital collages or scans?

I am a professional architectural photographer myself. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to but I'd like to link to my hobby project, a blog on which I post urban landscape photos from my hometown, Utrecht, the Netherlands.

http://1-030s.tumblr.com

Keep it up guys, some really awesome 3d stuff here as well (Sebastian for instance)!
GoldenEye attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,610kb) downloaded 537 time(s).

SalviaDroid
#1440 Posted : 10/10/2014 6:31:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

@Uncle Knucles- It would be so sick to see your work printed. Wish I could see it in person, but if you ever do get it printed you should post a picture here? I couldn't even imagine spending that amount of time on one piece... I start getting anxious at about the 30 hours mark and just decide to post.

@Sebastian- Superb creation! It's coming out lovely! The rose flower almost reminds me of a galaxy. Be sure to update us if you decide to add more!

@Guyomech- Not sure if you will read this, but I just looked through all of your art and it is some of the most inspirational work I have ever witnessed. You blossom with new ideas. The creativity flows through you so much... There are a lot of aspects in my own work with which I struggle, mostly that being lighting. Just by looking at your art, I can better understand the properties of shade and light.

@nodice- Looks great! I think your electronic, mechanical approach is very exciting. Reminds me of when you break through the thresh hold and are surrounded by unspeakable fractal/synthetic structural patterns.

@GoldenEye- I loved that James Bond video game, "GoldenEye," but also your photos! Those spikes look like they would hurt so bad though... that makes me wanna try it now, haha X)

This one's a bit rushed... like I said, I get anxious and just wanna post something. I'm not happy with it, but I do feel that I am learning more from each drawing.

¸,.-·✧"As above, so below"✧·-.,¸

"Time passes, people move, like a river's flow it never ends. The flow of time is always cruel. Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it. A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition, young love will become deep affection, the clear waters surface reflects growth." -Sheik

«PREV7071727374NEXT»