We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Art Bin Options

hixidom
#81 Posted : 4/15/2012 7:42:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The art everyone has posted is wonderful. I was very envious, so I got to thinking about how I could use my creative medium to make a contribution. In the end, I made a program using C++ and OpenGL that allows you to design and render fractals like the one below. Despite it's apparent complexity, the pattern below is really not much from a recursion standpoint as it was created from 3 initial coordinates.

Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

vardlokkur
#82 Posted : 4/15/2012 8:25:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is anyone else blown away how stylistically similar many of the 'automatic' scribbles are? I see tons of repeated sine-waves and lotus like patterns in many of the simple black-line work that is so beautifully intricate, it cuts up the vision turning black/white into a myriad of rainbows.
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

daedaloops
#83 Posted : 4/15/2012 9:35:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:
The art everyone has posted is wonderful. I was very envious, so I got to thinking about how I could use my creative medium to make a contribution. In the end, I made a program using C++ and OpenGL that allows you to design and render fractals like the one below. Despite it's apparent complexity, the pattern below is really not much from a recursion standpoint as it was created from 3 initial coordinates.

That's beautiful.. When you say you've made a program do you mean like with a user interface and everything? Would you mind sharing it? Very happy

vardlokkur wrote:
Is anyone else blown away how stylistically similar many of the 'automatic' scribbles are? I see tons of repeated sine-waves and lotus like patterns in many of the simple black-line work that is so beautifully intricate, it cuts up the vision turning black/white into a myriad of rainbows.

I know exactly what you mean man.. But what I've been wondering is do we notice it just because we've used psychedelics? I mean what does fractal art look like to people with no psychedelic experience? Do they just see it as some weird/boring art? I can't really remember but I'm pretty sure I never noticed anything strange about them before I found psychedelics. The same thing has happened with trees, now that I've truly seen them I can't unsee them anymore. I could just stare at trees for hours lol. Maybe there's like a switch in our brains that gets flipped once we have our first strong experience.

hixidom
#84 Posted : 4/16/2012 3:16:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
do you mean like with a user interface and everything? Would you mind sharing it?

Yeah, it has a user interface with various controls and features. I'd love to share it with anybody who's interested. On the other hand, I'm still adding features, so it's not quite ready for sharing. Also, it's currently only compiled for Linux, so it currently wouldn't be usable to most people.

daedaloops
#85 Posted : 4/16/2012 4:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:

Yeah, it has a user interface with various controls and features. I'd love to share it with anybody who's interested. On the other hand, I'm still adding features, so it's not quite ready for sharing. Also, it's currently only compiled for Linux, so it currently wouldn't be usable to most people.

Awesome, let me know when it's in a releasable state.

I already got too excited and impatient so I had to make one in photoshop lol. So it might not be as accurate as the automated ones and it only has 4 levels.

Also made an animated version which tries to show how fractals look to me, if I had to explain it to non-psychedelic people. If you stare at it for a while you'll know what I mean. I think the word piercing is good to describe the feeling.

Oh and that is actually a golden spiral, it's just constructed using 180 degree turns instead of 90 like the traditional one.
daedaloops attached the following image(s):
spiral2anim.gif (4,644kb) downloaded 981 time(s).

Dante
#86 Posted : 4/16/2012 10:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

daedaloops, i love your stuff Smile
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

daedaloops
#87 Posted : 4/17/2012 12:55:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Dante Smile

Guyomech
#88 Posted : 4/21/2012 7:45:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Yeah, gorgeous.

Your banner is still one of my favorites. Can't wait to see more!

SoulCrushingBass
#89 Posted : 5/3/2012 5:33:25 AM

Keeper of the spice

Nice art. I have some "hands on" type of work I want to share. The first is my "Tool box" lid, and then a pic the inside featuring my custom molded and flocked interior to safely protect my earplugs and, well, the picture should give a hint to what else goes there. The third is a meditation-piece/ritualistic paraphernalia which I haven't used yet.
SoulCrushingBass attached the following image(s):
IMAG0285.jpg (818kb) downloaded 908 time(s).
IMAG0286.jpg (1,108kb) downloaded 907 time(s).
IMAG0282.jpg (881kb) downloaded 906 time(s).
Well, y'know, it's like this experience that I had was like, y'know, erm, it was kind of the most profound experience I've had in me life, like

Guyomech
#90 Posted : 5/3/2012 5:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Those are beautifully made. Nothing like a nice handcrafted ritual object!

Pup Tentacle
#91 Posted : 5/3/2012 6:55:56 PM

lettuce

Durga Yantra I've been working on...

Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

SoulCrushingBass
#92 Posted : 5/3/2012 8:49:34 PM

Keeper of the spice

Guyomech wrote:
Those are beautifully made. Nothing like a nice handcrafted ritual object!

Thank you. All of this art makes me want to start drawing again. The dmt key is Definitely something I ascribe to. On my keying I have only 3 keys, my car, my home, and this crazy skeleton key I got from an antique shop. It is phallic, but mostly represents that I have access to a very special doorway.
SoulCrushingBass attached the following image(s):
IMAG0287.jpg (1,960kb) downloaded 901 time(s).
Well, y'know, it's like this experience that I had was like, y'know, erm, it was kind of the most profound experience I've had in me life, like

daedaloops
#93 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:06:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice SoulCrushingBass and Pup Tentacle!

I'm trying out some oil painting for the first time in my life, and I gotta say, I'm seriously falling in love with it. The colors are so vivid and the smell! Screw photoshop and computers.. Big grin

Thanks to our project with Guyomech my head is now full of lotus mandalas, so I thought I would try to paint one as practice. The weird thing is that it seems to be impossible to take a good picture of it, in reality it's about 10x more smooth and deep.
daedaloops attached the following image(s):
flowerpower3.jpg (412kb) downloaded 591 time(s).

jamie
#94 Posted : 5/4/2012 2:57:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

here is some art I have slowly been working on with pnecil crayons, as well as a little endtable I found in somebodies garbage can I sanded down and started to repaint. I am going to paint shipibo patterns and geometry on it in places with some neon paints I have..
jamie attached the following image(s):
DSC04871.JPG (2,873kb) downloaded 873 time(s).
DSC04872.JPG (2,522kb) downloaded 863 time(s).
DSC04873.JPG (2,352kb) downloaded 857 time(s).
Long live the unwoke.

Wax
#95 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:31:20 AM

LUVR

Really great stuff here, its bumming me out that I have neglected drawing for so long and I'm losing all my skill Sad
This thread is very inspiring though and I may just have to burn through all my paper until something worthwhile comes out.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Lichen
#96 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:36:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AMAZING.

I am totally floored by the amazing art, the incredible skill and humbled by all of you who are recreating visions from powerful psychedelic experiences. Bravo, every single one of you.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

hixidom
#97 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:51:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice craftwork, SoulCrushingBass. I've been meaning to make some stuff like that to help me incorporate ritual into my psychedelic experiences (or the other way around).

Anyways, I finally came up with a finished product of what I call Recursion Lab. I've made versions for Linux and Windows, though I don't know how well they will work on other people's computers (if at all). The types of recursion are limited, but I find it fascinating to play with. It makes a good visualizer too.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/recursionlab/

Keep up the wonderful art work. You guys rock.

[PS: I apologize to anybody who tried to download the windows version of the program this morning. It's fixed now.]

Lichen
#98 Posted : 5/4/2012 1:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Û© wrote:

Where did you find this? I can't find any info on it, it's incredible.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Pandora
#99 Posted : 5/5/2012 12:10:45 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Loving all of this. jamie, Daedaloops, Pup Tentacle, Everyone: gorgeous. Very happy
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

SoulCrushingBass
#100 Posted : 5/5/2012 2:23:08 AM

Keeper of the spice

THAT SKULL IS F---ING AMAZING! I might have just squirted a little bit.

This might just be one of the best threads on nexus. Good vibes.

«PREV34567NEXT»