We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4243444546NEXT»
Art Bin Options

Global
#861 Posted : 6/30/2013 11:10:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Guyomech wrote:
Spin, those are fantastic... Your stuff has visibly evolved recently. Make sure these go to your member gallery!

Global, I agree with your comments about that mandala... But of course that makes me want to hear a more specific description from you re: "the godhead geometry aesthetic". Because that's a very specific thing that's really tricky to describe.

It is a rather tricky thing. I suppose part of it is the compartmentalization of the mandala. It is well-balanced geometrically with the "feminine" circles and the "masculine" triangles and straight lines with sharp angles. The circles are also reminiscent to me of the way I perceive "time particles dilating" as I draw nearer to the godhead. There's something so striking about godhead geometry. It carries this sense of being like the "cosmic executive" or something.

The more that I examine it in trying to answer your question, the more I notice certain "features" most likely coyly planned by anon_003 such as the formation that the circles are in are that "flower of life" kind of formation. By virtue of that notion alone, we have the circles implying other shapes inside like the hexagon within that. It's all of the forms within forms within forms I suppose.

I mean to talk about that godhead geometry...we're really moving far from where words can do much talking at all. There are difference facets to the godhead for me. Inside, there seems to be a command room almost of some kind as if leading upward and out like a numinous submarine Big grin Then with the slightest shift in perspective, the same mass of geometry reveals itself to be an Egyptian room with gold and turquoise. With another slight shift, it's something entirely different. All extremely highly dimensional. Extremely fine, intricate and subtle dimensional interactions...ok maybe not subtle at all...maybe so over the top in your face that everything is gyrating from one plane to the next in its timeless transcendent dance. Very high vibrations with the finest powerful buzzing. Sometimes it is reminiscent of a giant white and gold UFO compartmentalized beetle. Other times it can be a face wracked with joy of a man gone insane with too much love. All the grossest of metaphors of course.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anon_003
#862 Posted : 7/1/2013 2:44:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global, you just described what I have been trying to reproduce better than I ever have!!

It's like a giant incredibly complex geometric optical illusion that somehow folds "out" to me and encompasses me in a landscape, and through rotation of this geometric form, I am moved to other landscapes. Really pretty bizarre! These godhead experiences are my most memorable of all drug experiences. I recently had an experience sitting on my buddies couch with Anthem of the Sun by the Grateful Dead playing. My trip began a little bit into That's It For the Other One, and I remember being confused by the rattling noises at the end of the song. But then, that confusion turned into pure bliss as New Potato Caboose came on right I was just starting to re-enter my previously just stoned headspace. Words frankly cannot describe the beauty.

P.S. Glad someone noticed the circles Thumbs up
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

d-T-r
#863 Posted : 7/1/2013 8:45:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loving all of the art and subsequent hyper-spatial-articulations Big grin

RayTracer
#864 Posted : 7/1/2013 10:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Cyb and Guy for sharing your wisdom and giving encouragement. To Spin and the others....wow!! You guys are so talented. Keep keeping on. []Deace
I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature. - Shulgin

Handel
#865 Posted : 7/4/2013 1:46:47 AM

Little sheep lost in woods

"Lucy & DiMiTri", collage.
The sky is empty and the land is bare. There's nothing for us there. But there's a roadway. The key to discover ourselves, and the universe at large, all which is within us. Mind the shadows though.

Flow Motive
#866 Posted : 7/4/2013 8:40:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More (art and music) at my website. URL is in my sig

For interesting music and art:
www.mikephillipsart.org

Flow Motive
#867 Posted : 7/4/2013 8:41:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anon_003 wrote:
Here are a few ive just recently been working on.

Your work is VERY impressive Sunshine!
For interesting music and art:
www.mikephillipsart.org

cyb
#868 Posted : 7/4/2013 9:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Talented Flow...

No.3 Right up my street.
Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

anon_003
#869 Posted : 7/6/2013 9:32:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Flow, that means an awful lot coming from yourself! You have a magnificent sense of proportion in your work. I must agree with cyb on the third one.... so crisp.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

d-T-r
#870 Posted : 7/8/2013 10:15:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Newer version of Gaia-Shakti from earlier in the thread. long term project aim to give her a whole body eventually.

(more depth and saturation when clicked on i think. Appears more pale than it is when showed online )

d-T-r attached the following image(s):
gaiashaktinewsmall000.png (1,350kb) downloaded 560 time(s).

Guyomech
#871 Posted : 7/20/2013 7:25:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

That's a pretty cool tangent you've got there.

The monochrome effect is pretty neat, and gives the piece a fairly imposing presence. I think viewing work like this would be a great use for the Oculus Rift- imagine being able to actually stand in front of the thing, feel its massive presence.

Pup Tentacle
#872 Posted : 7/23/2013 5:59:37 PM

lettuce

Art and d-T-r, that's great stuff!

Here's one used for the background of a concert poster I did recently...
Pup Tentacle attached the following image(s):
Shiva Celebration 18x18 sm.jpg (129kb) downloaded 469 time(s).
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

cyb
#873 Posted : 7/24/2013 1:57:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Piece called 'Changa Brothers' by the ever talented Keerych Luminokaya.
Smile
cyb attached the following image(s):
Changa Brothers.jpg (163kb) downloaded 461 time(s).
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

spinCycle
#874 Posted : 7/24/2013 3:23:56 PM

Life is Art is Life

Spectacular.

Though I must say that Keerych's style looks suspiciously like that of one of our members. Laughing
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

Global
#875 Posted : 7/24/2013 11:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

spinCycle wrote:
Spectacular.

Though I must say that Keerych's style looks suspiciously like that of one of our members. Laughing

I was thinking the same...Big grin
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

spinCycle
#876 Posted : 7/25/2013 12:35:03 PM

Life is Art is Life

Images of broken light,

Rising Spirit
#877 Posted : 7/25/2013 8:17:25 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

There is SO MUCH talent, here at the Nexus!!! How many times can one mind be blown? Kudos to everyone for sharing! Smile
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Global
#878 Posted : 7/25/2013 9:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That one just pops right out of the screen at ya spinCycle Thumbs up Shocked

bub
#879 Posted : 7/27/2013 11:26:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

visit peru
taina naina nainí

spinCycle
#880 Posted : 7/31/2013 3:03:07 PM

Life is Art is Life

Well, as my life bounces around a bit, it looks like I will have limited internet access for the rest of the summer. Here's one last image before I take a break from posting these for a while. I'll definitely still be reading it when I can though. Looking forward to seeing more great stuff posted here.

Garden Party
Images of broken light,

«PREV4243444546NEXT»