We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Art Bin Options

Bill Cipher
#61 Posted : 3/20/2012 4:37:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All three of those are about as crazy fucking awesome as psychedelic art can ever possibly be. You, my friend, are a straight up master. It must rock to walk around in your shoes.

What is your technique? The second one is digital, yes?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Guyomech
#62 Posted : 3/20/2012 4:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Thanks Art!

For anyone interested, some workflow:

Top one is acrylic, large (4.5x5.5'Pleased. The entire composition was done in Bryce, same program I did those tile patterns in. Tinted the canvas gray, projected and traced the design with colored pencil... Then 3-4 acrylic passes, very thin layers, with thin applications of gloss medium/varnish in between. Maybe 2 weeks digital, 2 months analog.

Second one is even bigger, close to 4x6'. For this one I spent a couple years collecting photos of the sky at its most glorious, always at around the same time of day. The vibrating crystal was another Bryce creation, but the finished result was very crude and pixilated- really just a map of points in space. I took that into Photoshop and traced over it with the Path Tool, taking care not to distort any of the arcs. This took a week or so- and generating the crystal had taken even longer. Eventually it was clean enough to composite with the cloud images- another 3-4 days there. Tinted the canvas in a blue acrylic gradient, then projected and traced the image with white colored pencil (10 days) before going over the whole thing with gesso and a fine brush to get the vibrations as perfect as possible (2 more weeks). Once this was done I attacked the whole thing with oil paint for another 2 weeks. Probably 3 months total.

Third one was even more complicated, believe it or not. For this one I built the thing out of clay in the garage- the model spilled out of an 8x8x9' frame, so it was huge. 400 pounds of clay, papier mâché,tin foil and copper hose. Painted the model, set up a bunch of rice steamers and other steam making implements, set up a bunch of colored lights and then had my photo shoot. The two uppermost heads had to be built separately- for those I built only half of each head but built it against a mirror so the reflection would complete its symmetry- that allowed for higher precision. I then tinted a canvas gray (big: 62x78"Pleased and projected/traced it before completing it in oil. 4 months building model, 2 months painting it.

So yeah, all three of these required a lot of steps to achieve the look they have... Any level of realism in these kinds of visionary works calls for these kinds of labor consumptive efforts. I guess I'm just a sucker for complicated projects.

corridors of my cells
#63 Posted : 3/26/2012 11:18:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blue lunar night wrote:
Here are a few details from my work.

More at www.syddartha.deviantart.com Smile

Dude.. wow, amazing stuff u got there congrats... just addin u to watch from deviant art
Peace

daedaloops
#64 Posted : 3/26/2012 8:13:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread blows my mind... You guys are incredibly talented.

Guyomech encouraged me to post here too, so here goes.

The first one is my first evar psychedelic drawing from about a year ago when I had the chance to try some mescaline. It might look simple but its very special to me lol.

The second one is a drawing I made a few months ago on HBWR, I had electricity running all over my body with huge euphoria while I was drawing it. A few days ago I decided to trace it in photoshop and add some effects. I wanted to keep polishing it forever but I don't have alot of time so here it is, in some sort of acceptable state maybe.

I don't have alot of other psychedelic things yet but I love doing that kind of stuff and am learning alot of new things about photoshop. So I'd like to create some new ones, especially with DMT influence. Also I just created a new deviantart account, there's some old random stuff. http://daedaloops.deviantart.com

edit: hmm the order of the attachments seems to change on its own, anyway the mescaline one is the smaller one
daedaloops attached the following image(s):
realitylayers2.jpg (190kb) downloaded 925 time(s).
electricsunset.jpg (320kb) downloaded 927 time(s).

Macre
#65 Posted : 3/27/2012 3:00:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guyomech, the top one kind of has a Rodney Matthews vibe to it. Incredible composition.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Pandora
#66 Posted : 3/27/2012 5:44:44 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Still declaring myself as daedaloops biggest fan. Very happy. Love this thread. So much AWESOME talent here at the Nexus.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Guyomech
#67 Posted : 3/29/2012 5:09:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Macre- I looked up Rodney Matthews... Interesting comparison, I can definitely see a similar vibe in the shape language.

Daedaloops- those are both really cool, I like the flow and rhythm of the first one a lot. If you don't mind my saying, when I look at these compared to the Nexus banner you created, it looks to me like you really took a leap forward with that piece, both in concept and in execution. I don't like choosing favorites, but it's one of mine. Can't wait to see more new stuff! Did you also create your avatar?

daedaloops
#68 Posted : 3/29/2012 11:25:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guyomech wrote:
Daedaloops- those are both really cool, I like the flow and rhythm of the first one a lot. If you don't mind my saying, when I look at these compared to the Nexus banner you created, it looks to me like you really took a leap forward with that piece, both in concept and in execution. I don't like choosing favorites, but it's one of mine. Can't wait to see more new stuff! Did you also create your avatar?

Thanks, and yea I did put more effort into the banner, but I can't really take credit for the concept. lol I mean it feels like it was shown to me in hyperspace and I just tried to reproduce it. And yeah the avatar is another silly thing I made, you can see it animated in the deviantart link.

Also I'll say it again in here, I really love your work. And now that I think about it I've seen them around the internet too, so I guess you're famous. Very happy

BTW, why is there no Music Bin? I've noticed quite a few nexians who make awesome music, so where can I find them ?

MelCat
#69 Posted : 3/29/2012 11:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

daedaloops wrote:
BTW, why is there no Music Bin? I've noticed quite a few nexians who make awesome music, so where can I find them ?

Good call... You want to start the thread?
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

daedaloops
#70 Posted : 3/29/2012 11:42:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
daedaloops wrote:

Good call... You want to start the thread?

Well I'm working on a track right now, so if nobody beats me to it before I finish it, then sure.

vardlokkur
#71 Posted : 3/30/2012 8:04:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some doodlings i collaged together tonight. Not the best quality and pale in comparison to some of the amazing-ness already here.
vardlokkur attached the following image(s):
100_1035.JPG (432kb) downloaded 951 time(s).
100_1036.JPG (512kb) downloaded 951 time(s).
100_1041.JPG (466kb) downloaded 951 time(s).
100_1042.JPG (411kb) downloaded 949 time(s).
100_1043.JPG (410kb) downloaded 949 time(s).
100_1045.JPG (474kb) downloaded 946 time(s).
100_1046.JPG (452kb) downloaded 946 time(s).
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

Guyomech
#72 Posted : 3/30/2012 8:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, it's about the content, not the polish...

Looks like a catalog of entity portraits!

Pan Man
#73 Posted : 4/1/2012 5:26:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A lot of amazing art here!

Here's something I drew on my leg with a sharpie in the midst of a recent 7g mushroom trip

Guyomech
#74 Posted : 4/4/2012 4:06:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That looks like a shaman's tattoo...

d-T-r
#75 Posted : 4/8/2012 11:41:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First new piece i've made in a long long time.

Still lots of tweaks and finishing touches to do to it but i'm happy with it so far Smile

if only i had more Ram and hd space i could animate it!

Guyomech
#76 Posted : 4/9/2012 5:14:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

D-T-R: love it, that's a really beautiful, fresh and different approach. The fine vector action goes really well with the flat black and white graphics. Usually it's hard to combine elements that are as visually different as these in a way that looks this seamless and cohesive. And compositionally it really sucks you straight in.

Post more!

Zip: thanks, glad to be of service!

d-T-r
#77 Posted : 4/10/2012 4:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Guyomech, especially coming from such a great artist such as yourself!

And yeah- i believe the white and black works.My original intention was to have the white coloured in jungle colours but it didn't seem to work after putting the rest of the background together.

i think i posted a few earlier in the thread-- you can find some more on my website which i'll pm to you.

I Look forward in seeing your new creations too Smile

Orion
#78 Posted : 4/12/2012 3:32:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn... I was taking a break... and boy have you folks came out of the woodwork! Absolutely awash with talent in here!
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

staresatwalls
#79 Posted : 4/12/2012 7:52:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

while all your guys's art is boss i have to mention guyomech; holy shit man your art is the bees knees. i don't consider myself an artist at all especially when it comes to drawing but here is 2 potential tattoo ideas. 1st is a dead head caduceus yin yang, 2nd is my take on the gonzo symbol, no need for the knife.
staresatwalls attached the following image(s):
ooblahab.jpg (229kb) downloaded 906 time(s).
002.jpg (97kb) downloaded 904 time(s).
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

lessless
#80 Posted : 4/12/2012 12:19:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Today is exactly 50 years since first man in modern era left THE EARTH!
And i did some photoshop on old poster

It says "DMT IN NAME OF THE WORLD!" and congratulate the International Day of Cosmonautics!
lessless attached the following image(s):
dmt-in-name-of-peace.png (367kb) downloaded 1,026 time(s).

«PREV23456NEXT»