We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
acetate conversions Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 5/28/2011 1:01:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ok so I have a question..I am curious as to what happens when one smokes DMT acetate..only becasue many people are doing the acetate conversion, including me. I extracted 100g of bark with limo and salted it with vinegar..I evaportaed it all onto some leaf..now it is potent, but still has a sort of vinegar taste with the first hit..after the first hit that slight acetate taste is gone..it is not harsh at all..it smokes smooth.

I dried it in a dehydrator overnight and stuck it on a double boiler for a good hour or more, stirring it. I am not worried about the taste since it doesnt bother me..but I wonder what it is? is it something else left over from the vinegar?..or is it still just acetic acid itself? My main question though is what if it is acetic acid, and some of the DMT is still in acetate form?..since acetic acid evaporates away leaving freebase, would it be converted to freebase when smoked then anyway?..or is some of it wasted since I am inhaling salts?

I have wondered about this for quite some time actaully and only did this tek one other time last year. I tested this batch yesterday and at first thought I was just smoking salts as I took the hit due to the taste, but then all of a sudden it hit me, really really hard and I had to put the pipe down asap and sit back and breath..the resulting experience was also very very clean and clear and felt extremely pure. Very visual..
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Eden
#2 Posted : 6/5/2011 10:21:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first extraction yielded acetate and was the basis of most of my early experimentation.
The first hit or two with the sandwich method never comes to much, but your description of clean pure and visual aligns with my experiences very closely.

I recently salted some acetate for messing around with this concept and have been reintroduced to the 'candyland' that I almost completely forgot about.
Acetate consistently gives me OEVs decidedly different than any other form. Recommended. Smile

SWIMfriend
#3 Posted : 6/5/2011 10:42:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Others could give a much more expert answer to this question than I could...

But it's my understanding that one will get "DMT" (and it's effects) from ANY form of DMT that gets into lung alveoli. The only important difference between the forms (salts vs freebase) is how easy it is to GET the form there. Freebase vaporizes at lower temperatures than ionic salts--that's supposedly the main difference, and THE reason why people generate freebases for "smoking" (i.e., vaporization).

That's my understanding. There are plenty here who can elaborate further.

My interests in nebulization stem partly from the fact that it wouldn't be NECESSARY (or even desirable) to use freebase forms for it. One could use ANY salt form of ANY psychedelic, with nebulization/inhalation.

EDIT: And a little extra acetate ion isn't going to hurt anything--acetate ion is a VERY common ion in the body. You wouldn't want a TON of it at once in any one place, but it's generally not going to be any harm.

Shadowman-x
#4 Posted : 6/6/2011 1:33:16 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

fumaric or hcl is bad for you to smoke afaik, decomposes into nasties that you don't want in you.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

SWIMfriend
#5 Posted : 6/6/2011 1:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shadowman-x wrote:
fumaric or hcl is bad for you to smoke afaik, decomposes into nasties that you don't want in you.

I'm not aware of any evidence of that. Certainly, HCL in ionic form is THROUGHOUT your body in LARGE QUANTITY. Of course delivered as a concentrated acid, it would burn you as any acid would. Fumarate is created in the citric acid cycle (and is an approved food additive). There's NO reason to think that's harmful, either.

Of course, BURNING these things is another story--to some extent ALL BETS are off in that case; but the same could be said for DMT itself, or almost anything. Inhaling the products of combustion into your lungs is virtually never, generally, a good thing.