We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sapo/Kambo Experiences Options

acolon_5
#1 Posted : 5/26/2011 2:40:06 PM

The Great Namah

Sapo 2 Trials

I received a flat stick with one side covered in a shiny clear substance, know as Sapo or Kambo. It’s frog venom from the phyllomedusa bicolor frog native to parts of S. America. You can read up on it for more information, this is merely 2 experiences I have had with it.

First of all, this stuff does not work on wounds or sublingually (???). I had a scab I picked and attempted to apply the sapo to it. This produced almost no effects. I again tried the next day by using an extremely small amount in between the check and gum line….it swelled up like a balloon but the only effect I got was extremely lethargy similar to an opiate without much euphoria.

Now onto the real experiences.
An incense stick was lit and 3 small burns were applied to my upper arm. I overdid the burns not knowing how slight of a burn is really needed. The upper layer of flesh was easily removed with a quick rub. Some saliva on the stick mixed in with some of the sapo, it gums up a bit, but enough was had to lightly cover the 3 burns. I applied it to the first burn, wow this stuff acts quick. Heat rising throughout my body. I quickly applied smaller amounts to the other 2 burns. Within seconds I was on the couch, head pounding, fire building up throughout my body. Pins and needles everywhere. I was on the edge of throwing up but ended up keeping the water I drank down (2L water). In about 10 minutes I knew I was going to be ok, though the effects were still present. Another 10 minutes and I was feeling better…better than better. I felt GOOD. Damn good. I had trouble sleeping that night but in the morning felt like I had a full 9hrs of sleep. No serious benefits were noted at this time.

Trial 2. 1 large burn (but very superficial) was made on the other arm. A large amount of sapo was mixed and applied. Again within seconds the rising heat was felt, the pounding in my head….I vomited heavily….this was getting intense. for 15 minutes I was on the floor writhing in agony. My head felt like it was going to explode, my guys ached (no gastro troubles though). My vision was very blurry…closing my eyes garbled images appears, not visions, not visuals, just scrambled images that didn’t quite make any sense to my mind. Yet again after the initial effects wore off I felt VERY good….but very sleepy. I ended up taking a short nap (30 minutes) and woke up feeling marvelous. I didn’t eat much the remainder of the day though I could have if I wanted to. There was a small increase in energy, but I cannot be certain this had to do with sapo usage.

Notes: I ate a bit of Kratom the next day, not a lot 2 teaspoons full, but within an hour was in a FULL NOD…like a massive opiate dose….not as euphoric as say shooting heroin or oxy, but it was very odd. This lasted eight (8!) hours….this was very strange….I have only once nodded on Kratom and that was with a 200x extract that is no longer available on the market and even that only lasted for 3 hours or so.

Since then I have felt quite good. I have not noticed any major changes other than an uplifted mood. I honestly don’t think I had enough sapo either time and guess that it works like Iboga in that the more you take the greater the beneficial after effects will be.

While this was one hellish ride I do plan on doing this again in a more ceremonial atmosphere. This is NOT A RECREATIONAL EXPERIENCE….
1) simply doing sapo will leave you with scars
2) I am 100% sure this can be OD on if you go overboard on the dose (hypertension?)
3) I am not sure the benefits outweigh the negatives (but am still trying to find out).

I have heard from a sapo healer that the effects ARE cumulative and the more sapo is done the more the body acclimates and heals….granted there is 0 scientific evidence to back this up.

Personally I am hoping that this IS a medicine that can be used to treat lethargy.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 5/26/2011 3:59:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yow! That sounds unpleasant.

When you say you felt "very good" afterward, do you differentiate that from the experience of feeling "very good" after previously having felt VERY BAD?! IOW, surviving and recovering from an extreme physical challenge/purge type experience ALONE can leave a certain "glow" after recovery.

To me (and apparently to you), this stuff sounds quite dangerous.

You don't seem to hint at anything very positive that would offset that level of danger.

EDIT: And after just reading a FEW PARAGRAPHS about this elsewhere, it's mentioned that it is "7% peptide." i.e., protein. You have already implied (by your mucosal test) that it produces an allergic reaction in you. Such reactions only ELEVATE with each new usage. You might put yourself in anaphylaxis with this! (and, that's sort of what I was talking about regarding "physical challenge" )

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 5/26/2011 4:05:31 PM

The Great Namah

From what I have researched it is not extremely dangerous, but very unpleasant. Less dangerous than, let's say, getting some 2c-e only to find out it is actually bromo-dragonfly!!! Shocked

The after glow is much more than being grateful the hell is over...ie isn't not the relief you get after banging your head against a wall for an hour. It's a true afterglow, euphoria, feeling right with the world...a cleansing of sorts.

Anecdotal reports of healing and pain relief are out there though. I will note that I have had lower back pain for 15+ years, sometimes really bad, sometimes mild. I have yet to have any back pain since taking kambo the first time (about a week ago). This may very well NOT be cause and effect, but it is worth noting.

Please note: I do not think people should use this for recreation or without SERIOUS research. This is NOT a toy, NOT an RC, NOT a club drug, NOT the typical entheogen. This MUST be treated with MASSIVE caution and respect.

EDIT: Also please know that this is not something I will ever do on a regular basis. My stick has been locked up away from pets/kids and will remain there for many months.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

jamie
#4 Posted : 5/26/2011 4:38:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Wow acolon, kambo is something I have wanted to try for a long long time but I was always weary about doing it myslef. Maybe sometime in the next year I will get some and have the experience.
Long live the unwoke.

rOm
#5 Posted : 6/6/2011 9:19:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing alcolon. I was also interest to try sapo fro some time and heard about it, though only in ceremonialistic entheogenic circle.
But as Fractal, I've thought it's rather hard to do by your own. Apparently it's faisable though you have to dose well.
I's always seen as very uncomfortable experience with a very good afterglow.

So you say how long did the effects last in total ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 6/6/2011 10:09:51 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

iv been meaning to try kambo for a long time now - it was great reading of your experiences with it - thanks
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 6/6/2011 12:39:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great to hear of another Nexian who has experienced kambo. I found it very hard, but DEEPLY cleansing. 2 of the 3 sessions, I drank ayahuasca a few hours prior and there was an amazing synergy and great afterglow. I did notice a cumulative effect, although I think the dose also went up slightly each time. The 2nd and 3rd kambo experiences were some of the hardest I've ever had chemical wise, although the agony was short lived. I also got the strong feeling I was invited to the experience by the tree frog in an incredibly vivid dream exactly 2 weeks before my first session. As a biologist, I was a bit sceptical prior to experiencing this that messing around with very powerful animal venoms is a good idea, I mean evolution has bestowed that creature with these peptides to repel other creatures from messing with it! And yet there is something interesting and healing going on with kambo for sure.

rOm
#8 Posted : 6/6/2011 1:00:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What set was it bancopuma ? ceremony ?

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 6/6/2011 1:24:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, the guy administering the kambo was a very warm Brazilian guy, who was also a member of the Santo Daime, and he had a fair bit of an experience overseeing kambo sessions. The first time was with quite large group of maybe 25/30 people, the second time was with a smaller group of maybe 12. 2 of the times we drank some of his Santo Daime ayahuasca from Brazil, during the day too which was interesting, and we danced. A very special and interesting guy, a biochemist who had taken a spiritual path, he had incredible eyes, the type of person one feels comfortable with immediately on meeting.

rOm
#10 Posted : 6/7/2011 10:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. Interesting.

lyserge
#11 Posted : 6/8/2011 6:56:08 AM

polyfather anomalous

Very interesting, i also ordered and tested on multiple occasions the kambo "heart" medicine. Found several articles regarding the peptides in kambo; one of these documents is attached: "We may call this frog secretion a medicine, but actually it doesn’t work as a usual medicine nor as a drug. It just wakes up the bodies organs, endocrine system and defense systems to their natural functions. With kambo, our body gets the chance to heal itself. What kambo cannot do is to remove the source of our emotional blocks, coming from traumatic experiences. We get relieved by vomiting the yellow gall, but the root of the problem remains. To remove anger and fear from their root another medicine is available: Tabernanthe Iboga."
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

rOm
#12 Posted : 6/8/2011 10:31:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lysergify, thanks a lot for this amazing read.
Very inspiring thread alcolon_5.

rOm
#13 Posted : 6/8/2011 2:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

love frogs !!! love toads !!

listen to them :

http://www.arteradio.com...rCode&soundId=400770

rOm
#14 Posted : 6/8/2011 4:18:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone knows how well it can be keepen and how to store it properly ?
Thanks a lot.

Edit: It stores very well in dark dry cupboard for a long time.