We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cake or Death? Options

ragabr
#1 Posted : 5/25/2011 2:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Previously, SWIM had sterilized her wheat berries, after soaking overnight, for the recommended period, which always ended up cooking them, leading to very long colonization times.

This time, she shortened the sterilization time, but the berries were still cooked.

In this 50/50 wheat berry/corn spawn, she injected three bags with 4ml's of Pan Cyans liquid culture. Three days later, they all look like this picture, with a bluing present in each of them.

Can anyone tell if these are good cakes, or death in a bag?

The growth is about the right rate for mycelium, and it's the exact same in each bag. Also, she has bag of Golden Teacher mycelium going that has bruising in places she picked it up. The bruising is the same bluish color. That bag was from the batch that had a longer sterilization time, and so is colonizing very slowly.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

R
ragabr attached the following image(s):
blue.JPG (381kb) downloaded 120 time(s).
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/25/2011 2:43:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

looks right to me, but my experience is only in watching other's grow, so lets wait for second opinions.. send us updated pics when you can Smile

teotenakeltje
#3 Posted : 5/25/2011 7:36:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

looks like normal pan cyan mycelium to me. Pan cyan myc is generally a bit more whispy than cubensis myc, especialy at the start. So i would just patient a bit, and things will turn out fine Smile but the pic you sent is not very focused....

Enoon
#4 Posted : 5/25/2011 9:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

oooh blue is scary,... still gives me nightmares. I hope it's the good kind of blue!!!

much love to you and your shrooms; may they grow plentiful

Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

ragabr
#5 Posted : 5/25/2011 11:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the reassurance. I'll post a better picture in a few days, after some more productive time has passed.

Be well!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Ellis D'Empty
#6 Posted : 5/27/2011 3:39:07 AM

Snirfneblin

To me, it looks (in your picture at least) that the "blue" is just transparent white on black...

I dont think you have anything to worry about... although 4mls of solution spores is a bit much... Oh just read it was an LC Smile

Looks good to me!
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.