We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Harmalas and mushrooms... Good or bad idea? Options

elbowcups
#21 Posted : 5/26/2011 12:31:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the UK - we don't have meth here, just MDMA ;p
"...It's just a ride, but we always kill those good guys that tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok, but it doesn't matter, because, it's just a ride..."

~ Bill Hicks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

BecometheOther
#22 Posted : 5/26/2011 10:28:00 PM

metamorhpasizer

Either way my bad, im sorry. People are free to have their own opinions, and i support everyones freedom to do what they want if they arent harming others. I apologize and from now on will keep such opinions to myself.
Sorry guys!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

Ice House
#23 Posted : 5/27/2011 9:05:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you have a wonderful experience.

My experiences with this combination have been absolutely terrible and horrific.

I dont want to say never again, but, hmmmmmmmmm, well I cant see it happening, at least not without a sitter/guide to help me through it.

My experience is, it is a bad combo.

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

joedirt
#24 Posted : 5/27/2011 9:10:24 PM

Not I

Ice House wrote:
I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you have a wonderful experience.

My experiences with this combination have been absolutely terrible and horrific.

I dont want to say never again, but, hmmmmmmmmm, well I cant see it happening, at least not without a sitter/guide to help me through it.

My experience is, it is a bad combo.

ih

Was it just to strong? Would a smaller dose..or better adjusted dose work better?

Or was it bad stomach issues and crap? just curious because I have yet to try this and I really want to as well.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

polytrip
#25 Posted : 5/27/2011 9:15:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
People seem to have either very good or very bad experiences with this combo. I would not do it with cubies. A good clean shroom like copelandia cyanensis, psilocybe azurescens or mexicana can give you a wonderfull experience that is virtually indistinguishable from ayahuasca. But as we all know, MAO also protects us from all kind of other stuff besides hallucinogenic tryptamines, and it seems that especially p.cubensis has some toxins in them that give an unpleasant experience with harmala´s.
I´ve had many good experiences with shrooms and harmala´s but one unpleasant one where i had another type of shroom, and i felt pretty sick that time.
With the wrong shrooms it can be very unpleasant indeed.

joedirt
#26 Posted : 5/27/2011 9:23:38 PM

Not I

polytrip wrote:
People seem to have either very good or very bad experiences with this combo. I would not do it with cubies. A good clean shroom like copelandia cyanensis, psilocybe azurescens or mexicana can give you a wonderfull experience that is virtually indistinguishable from ayahuasca. But as we all know, MAO also protects us from all kind of other stuff besides hallucinogenic tryptamines, and it seems that especially p.cubensis has some toxins in them that give an unpleasant experience with harmala´s.
I´ve had many good experiences with shrooms and harmala´s but one unpleasant one where i had another type of shroom, and i felt pretty sick that time.
With the wrong shrooms it can be very unpleasant indeed.

Good point and good info.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Ice House
#27 Posted : 5/28/2011 4:07:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

joedirt wrote:

Was it just to strong? Would a smaller dose..or better adjusted dose work better?

Or was it bad stomach issues and crap? just curious because I have yet to try this and I really want to as well.

It wasnt physical issues, ie stomach and crap.

It was too strong, yes a smaller dosage.. or better adjusted dosage would have worked much better I am sure.

OK so here is the deal I ate an 1/8 of cubes and for good measure I added a heavy gram of fresh Cyans I had picked earlier that day. Now this is a very normal dosage for me. Well I added on top of that 250mg of THH. I felt that set and setting was fine. I had eaten shrooms close to 1,000 times over the years. I felt that I was as prepared as I could be.

Well to make a long story short I died that day. That was close to two years ago and I have still not fully recovered / fully integrated that experience. I didnt experience ego death. I, IMO, experienced death. It was pretty fukked up. Allot happened that day that that I am leaving out as far as the trip itself. I died that day and it wasnt a quick death. I spent a maddening ammount of time in a grey area on the fringes of there and here It was a mess.

lol, Joe I'm sure the combo works well I just over did it. I didnt respect it. I got my ass handed to me and I deserved it. I would love to do it again and get through it. Face the demons. I need a sitter for this, a guide, some one with experience. I dont have that available in my life right now.

I dont want to discourage anyone from doing it. Just be careful. A sitter is not a bad idea.

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

jamie
#28 Posted : 5/28/2011 4:27:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

thats alot of mushrooms to take with harmalas icehouse...I think when I took them with ayahuasca I took like .5g or something and smoked some DMT, but even before and after the DMT flash it was still quite powerful. I can imagine the dose of mushrooms you took with the harmalas, especially with the cyans would make me feel uncomfortable to say the least..damn even 1g of cyanescenes alone has given me stronger trips at times..
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#29 Posted : 5/28/2011 4:18:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I once over-ate some mushrooms in combination with ayahuasca as well. I think i ate at least something like 3 grams of cyanescens, with some unknown amounts of cubensis and truffels, while i had also taken caapi and mimosa extract.
This was a realy stupid thing to do, i soon discovered.

Initially it was one of the scariest experiences i've ever had. But halfway it turned into the most beautyfull experience of my life.
I can relate to what ice house said. The first few hours i felt like i was fighting for my life and my sanity.
But the power of this experience was just so overwhelming that some sort of survival instinct eventually took over. Deep down inside i knew that if i would have started to panick, i would have been totally lost, it was just too powerfull.
But halfway i started to realise that i was gonna make it and i literally felt the 'grace of god' at that time. At that moment everything changed, and what was pure terror at first turned into the most beautyfull thing i'd ever seen, felt and experienced.

Both the terror and the beauty of that experience are just impossible to acurately describe. And though i would not think of ever taking these insane amounts again, i'm glad i did because the experience was just beyond anything else i've ever experienced and i learned a lot about myself that night.

Yet, that feeling when it all started to work. That "OOOPS" sensation when i realised what i had done. It was like being in towed-up in a rollercoaster and suddenly realising that you actually want out because you're beyond scared...and the ride hasn't even begunShocked
That was extremely frightening indeed.

BecometheOther
#30 Posted : 5/29/2011 5:20:35 PM

metamorhpasizer

Why is it you guys knock on cubes lol? what makes you think its a less "clean" mushroom then the copelandias. Some (if not all) cope's contain unknown alkaloids.
Ive grown cubes and copes, and combined rue with both, My better experiences have been with the cubes, not saying that thats for any real "scientific" reason, just saying, that if you take said combo, and get sick and have bad experience, its NOT because you used cubes, lol. Its because of the harmala, straight up!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

sigmundfreuid
#31 Posted : 5/29/2011 7:40:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This tek from mycotopia might interest you :Gummihuasca
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

jamie
#32 Posted : 5/29/2011 8:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Harmalosa wrote:
Why is it you guys knock on cubes lol? what makes you think its a less "clean" mushroom then the copelandias. Some (if not all) cope's contain unknown alkaloids.
Ive grown cubes and copes, and combined rue with both, My better experiences have been with the cubes, not saying that thats for any real "scientific" reason, just saying, that if you take said combo, and get sick and have bad experience, its NOT because you used cubes, lol. Its because of the harmala, straight up!

Well, I was referring to psilocybe cyanescens, and I think icehouse meant psilocybe cyans as well..I love cubes and they are the mushrooms I work with the most, but in the past I did work alot with local picked psilocybe cyanescens and they are definatily the most potent mushrooms I have ever eaten and very very clean and clear.
Long live the unwoke.

biopsylo
#33 Posted : 6/1/2011 9:18:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalosa wrote:
Yes, good luck brother!!
MDMA is shit, expecially if its bought of the street. its probably at least 50% meth. It's more of a party drug, not for shamanic journeying thats for sure! the mdma would be the easy way out.
IMO be brave and take the real entheogens brother!! I saw crappy fake extacy ruin a festie i just recently went to, alot of people got really sick off of it, and you could tell there were alot of strung out people there. Sorry if im ranting i just really hate mdma, molly, all of that stuff.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do though brother, and feel free to ignore my rant lol, i don't care either way just offering my 2 cents, don't hate me lol anyone else is free to have their opinions on the subject as well.

Report back!

come on now, mdma is not shite.Wink i happen to think mushrooms + (pure) mdma is fantastic, especially for dancing outdoors till sunrise. the combo is psychedelic and energizing, while my last rue alk+dmt fumarate combo had me glued to the ground to 2 hours in a twiddle bubble. for sure, you need to know which molecules are present, and dancesafe.org can help there.

i have had nice effects smoking rue seeds while on mushrooms as well

SHroomtroll
#34 Posted : 6/1/2011 9:32:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive done rue + liberty caps twice and can honestly say i never wan´t to do mushrooms without it again.

The power and duration added to the mushroom trip makes it very worth it in my book and honestly i think it´s in the same class as aya.

BecometheOther
#35 Posted : 6/1/2011 11:01:16 PM

metamorhpasizer

Bio,

Yeah dude im sorry, Im not even well qualified enough to determine if its shittee or not, based on my very limited experience with it. I apologize 1000 times for this attitude.

But i still think its not a good idea to combine it with MAOI, there are some potential bad reactions there and it could lead to the dreaded seretonine #)$(2343 syndrome people talk about when considering things to avoid with MAOI's

I agree shroomtroll, its definetly worth it to combine rue with mushrooms, Ive had straight up AMAZING experiences on this combo. Definetly the same class as aya, but still different.

soulfood
#36 Posted : 6/1/2011 11:55:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

The original intention of cups was to take MDMA with mushrooms instead of harmaloids and not with.

But yes. MDMA + MAOI is not a good idea.

elbowcups
#37 Posted : 6/4/2011 9:36:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well... I ended up taking around 2.5g of the mushrooms with 50mg of freebase harmalas. However, the set and setting was completely wrong - I was round a friends place who was participating in the psychedelics with me, however he also lives with someone else who is a bit of an alcoholic, and we weren't expecting him to be there that night, however he turned up and I found him quite difficult to deal with, given the headspace that I was in. I won't go in to any details, but it was a definite reminder as to why I only ever normally take psychedelics with either soulfood or my younger brother - both of whom are beautiful people that are completely on my wavelength!

Anyways, the effects were quite pleasant whilst it lasted, but I had a pretty rough comedown - fever and nausea all night till about 7am. Couldn't sleep for beans either!
"...It's just a ride, but we always kill those good guys that tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok, but it doesn't matter, because, it's just a ride..."

~ Bill Hicks

polytrip
#38 Posted : 6/4/2011 10:30:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

elbowcups wrote:
Well... I ended up taking around 2.5g of the mushrooms with 50mg of freebase harmalas. However, the set and setting was completely wrong - I was round a friends place who was participating in the psychedelics with me, however he also lives with someone else who is a bit of an alcoholic, and we weren't expecting him to be there that night, however he turned up and I found him quite difficult to deal with, given the headspace that I was in. I won't go in to any details, but it was a definite reminder as to why I only ever normally take psychedelics with either soulfood or my younger brother - both of whom are beautiful people that are completely on my wavelength!

Anyways, the effects were quite pleasant whilst it lasted, but I had a pretty rough comedown - fever and nausea all night till about 7am. Couldn't sleep for beans either!

Sleeplessness is normal with this combo (and for both of harmala's and mushrooms individually when taken in the right amounts), but nausea and fever isn't. It could be caused either by unwanted toxins in the mushrooms that you normally wouldn't feel or by an interaction with food or lack thereof and harmala's. In my experience psychedelic's can cause sugarlevels to drop faster than normally and therefore i always have some fruit and biscuits ready when i take psychedelic's. Some type of foods and alcohol can also be very, very unpleasant in combination with harmala's. The most terrible headache i've ever had in my life was from half a glass of wine that was just drunk on the same day as when i'd taken caapi.

biopsylo
#39 Posted : 6/7/2011 1:57:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalosa wrote:
Bio,

Yeah dude im sorry, Im not even well qualified enough to determine if its shittee or not, based on my very limited experience with it. I apologize 1000 times for this attitude.

But i still think its not a good idea to combine it with MAOI, there are some potential bad reactions there and it could lead to the dreaded seretonine #)$(2343 syndrome people talk about when considering things to avoid with MAOI's

I agree shroomtroll, its definetly worth it to combine rue with mushrooms, Ive had straight up AMAZING experiences on this combo. Definetly the same class as aya, but still different.

no worries mate,, i for sure only take mdma a couple times a year now,-if that, and would not mix with maoi, but it is nice with calamusSmile

CosmicLion
#40 Posted : 6/13/2011 6:07:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where are all of you getting this information that cubensis contains "toxins" ???

-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

PREV12