We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Harmalas and mushrooms... Good or bad idea? Options

elbowcups
#1 Posted : 5/24/2011 11:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya guys,

This might have been covered on the forum before, I searched but couldn't find anything so I thought I'd just ask - how good an idea is it to combine freebase harmalas with a few mushrooms? Is it best to steer clear of this combination or do you have an enhanced experience?

I've read mixed things on my other internet searches!

I have around 2.2g of Psylosybin Cubensis mushrooms - if it does transpire that it's a good combination, does anyone have a suggested harmala quantity to take with this amount of mushrooms?

Many thanks Smile
"...It's just a ride, but we always kill those good guys that tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok, but it doesn't matter, because, it's just a ride..."

~ Bill Hicks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

BecometheOther
#2 Posted : 5/24/2011 11:40:10 PM

metamorhpasizer

Hey brother, I can't say specifically about fb harmalas, but I have combined raw syrian rue powder capsulised with mushrooms many times, always an amazing combination!! It's somewhat similar to ayahuasca, but obviously with a more fungusy flavor Pleased In fact several of my best and key transformative experiences have been this combo, including the time i experienced great humbleness in a undeniebly divine presence, and was psychicly imparted secret knowledge that i cant speak of cause i have no words for it. It was this day i realized society is completely upside down (quite literally i was shown this) and how we are completely out of tune with life, and the true truth we must seek lies within us, waiting to be discovered.

This was off the exact same dose of mushies you mentioned, 2.2 and 3.5 grams rue.

A word of caution though, it can be slightly unpredictable, in that you can think your only at a threshold level, only to find yourself quickly overwhelmed, peaks come and go, it doesnt stay consistant the whole time...

But oh yeah great combo, much enhanced effect, not just of potentiation of the mush, but a completely different experience, and I have noticed absolutely no negative effects from said combo other than what obviously goes with the territory, (possible nausea, discomfort, tiredness when coming down ect.)

Good luck and go forward!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

ChampionPuffa
#3 Posted : 5/24/2011 11:40:48 PM

lol.

id take the shrooms then smoke some harmalas to see wot happens first, acid an harmalas are suppoesed to work wonders bvut ive never tried either just looked into it a lil. should be safe if smoking the harmalas.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

Eden
#4 Posted : 5/24/2011 11:59:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely a good idea.

Makes for a very aya-like experience, as Harmalosa mentioned, and will probably be less mobile. Peaks definitely to be expected.
Many claim the shrooms as potentiated, but this is likely just due to the combination of effects. Usually gives a longer experience as well.
You could probably cut down on the 2.2g dose and still be overwhelmed. Smile

joedirt
#5 Posted : 5/25/2011 12:10:42 AM

Not I

ChampionPuffa wrote:
id take the shrooms then smoke some harmalas to see wot happens first, acid an harmalas are suppoesed to work wonders bvut ive never tried either just looked into it a lil. should be safe if smoking the harmalas.

I think I'd do the opposite. If it's caapi harmalas you get 3 alkaloids that combined have 5HT receptor activity, MAOI activity, and SSRI activity. This pretty much has the guaranteed effect of putting you in a great mood (If you don't overdo the dose)...which is the perfect state of mind to be in for a good dose of shrooms. Smile Well that's the theory anyway.

Of course I do see your point as well... It might be better to just get a small taste of the potentiation before fully submersing yourself.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

soulfood
#6 Posted : 5/25/2011 12:29:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Using caapi, I'd have no apprehension about overdoing it a little, but elbowcups has rue alkaloids here.

I guess with that dose of mushrooms 100mg harmaloids tops for a first time. I can get DMT potentiation out of 90mg said alkaloids so that amount should be more than enough to make interesting things happen with a readily active substance.

Also, smoking caapi leaves on mushrooms is great Smile

Madcap
#7 Posted : 5/25/2011 2:42:01 AM

illudium Q-36

there have been posts/threads here of peeps having a hard time with the combo. Take it easy at first. smoked caapi leaves sounds like a great idea.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Ellis D'Empty
#8 Posted : 5/25/2011 3:07:14 AM

Snirfneblin

soulfood wrote:
Using caapi, I'd have no apprehension about overdoing it a little, but elbowcups has rue alkaloids here.

Where did he say he had rue alks?
01:13:08 โ€นEllis DEmptyโ€บ I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

soulfood
#9 Posted : 5/25/2011 8:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

He didn't. I gave them to him Smile

BananaForeskin
#10 Posted : 5/25/2011 8:43:48 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Eden wrote:
Absolutely a good idea.

Many claim the shrooms as potentiated, but this is likely just due to the combination of effects.

Not just a claim, MAO inhibition should potentiate any tryptamine!
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

soulfood
#11 Posted : 5/25/2011 9:10:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find its more of a synergy than just potentiation.

When I think potentiation, I think of a multiplied intensity, however with harmaloids and mushrooms I find the character and the headspace of the experience changes significantly.

Enoon
#12 Posted : 5/25/2011 12:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

something I def. want to try some time, but currently having too many troubles with mushrooms alone...
I tried acid + rue once and had the craziest experience of my life. Def. potentiation and synergy. I tried the same dose of acid alone of the same batch a little later and it was by far more managable (I was dancing and feeling great, whereas in combination with 200mg of rue I was paralyzed on the floor, only able to perform a sit up for vomiting every now and then)
I imagine with mushrooms the effect would be similar if also somewhat different. In any case it's something to be wary of because it's powerful. So take it easy on your first try.

Good luck
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

kyrolima
#13 Posted : 5/25/2011 5:53:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a rather bad experience on mushrooms + rue extract. I can't recommand it.
elusive illusion

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 5/25/2011 7:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This can be an amazing combination, but be careful when dosing with Rue, you definitely don't want to overdo it, less could well be more here. Caapi has less toxins and has a much wider safety margin with dosing, and the cleaner the mushrooms the better to (I find Copelandia superior to cubensis for example). And interesting Enoon I also had an experience with Rue + LSD. It was overwhelmingly intense, in a bit of a bad way. I had taken it on the sly as an experiment with one of my best friends, and he thought I had gone crazy basically, so I fessed up! Was interesting but I won't be repeating! I like the clarity and crystalline nature of LSD alone.

MelCat
#15 Posted : 5/25/2011 8:13:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried this combo a few times but it seems I usually tend to dose on the low side to be safe.

The first time I tried it, I used approx 300mg of rue alks and 2.5g of mushrooms. I'm not sure the species but the cap was really dense and about 3 inches wide. This was the best experience I've had with mushrooms to date.

I've tried it a couple of times since then with inferior mushrooms and only got a lot of gas and some emotional cleansing. No real trip to speak of.

So I fully agree with Bancopuma that a high quality mushroom is definitely preferred.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

polytrip
#16 Posted : 5/25/2011 9:08:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
With shrooms of good quality, this is just like ayahuasca. The quality of the shrooms is of vital importance though. Some shrooms, especially some strains of cubensis, contain toxins that normally have virtually no effect, but with harmala's their presence becomes apparent.

I like shrooms and caapi a lot. I have had dozens of great experiences with this combo, but one bad one where i experienced extreme vaso and bronchoconstriction and slight dizzyness. This was with a kind of truffle i had never taken before (sold as 'purple rain'Pleased.

Almost everytime someone reports of a bad experience with shrooms and harmala's, it's with cubensis.

Frac7alt1m3
#17 Posted : 5/25/2011 9:33:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i did 1.8 mushys and 200 mgs harmine once and it was a VERY intense experience for me, it kicked my ass.

BecometheOther
#18 Posted : 5/25/2011 10:57:50 PM

metamorhpasizer

Haven't you guys heard the phrase a cube is a cube is a cube..?
All cubes share pretty much the same gene pool, and are usually very consistant in the amount of actives they contain.
Mushrooms of the same "strain" grown on different substrates will display more differences than mushrooms of different strains grown on the same substrate.
The varying "quality" of the mushrooms has more to do with growth conditions than with strains.

And coplelandia's (Panoleus) have more unknown alkaloids than cubes do, some have been found to contain trace beta carbolines...
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

elbowcups
#19 Posted : 5/25/2011 11:21:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good advice to consider - thanks guys. I'll be taking these mushrooms with my brother (I have around 4.4g in total - hence 2.2g each) of which soulfood kindly gave me. As for the growing conditions, I don't know exactly how he grew them, but it would have been with care!

I'm thinking 75mg harmalas with 2.2g mushrooms, however my brother might be getting hold of some MDMA, which I may end up taking instead of the harmalas - definitely not both though, I've heard-tell of bad things about combining harmalas and MDMA.

Thanks everyone for your input. If I do end up taking the mushrooms with the harmalas, I'll let you know how it goes Smile
"...It's just a ride, but we always kill those good guys that tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok, but it doesn't matter, because, it's just a ride..."

~ Bill Hicks

BecometheOther
#20 Posted : 5/26/2011 12:15:40 AM

metamorhpasizer

Yes, good luck brother!!
MDMA is shit, expecially if its bought of the street. its probably at least 50% meth. It's more of a party drug, not for shamanic journeying thats for sure! the mdma would be the easy way out.
IMO be brave and take the real entheogens brother!! I saw crappy fake extacy ruin a festie i just recently went to, alot of people got really sick off of it, and you could tell there were alot of strung out people there. Sorry if im ranting i just really hate mdma, molly, all of that stuff.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do though brother, and feel free to ignore my rant lol, i don't care either way just offering my 2 cents, don't hate me lol anyone else is free to have their opinions on the subject as well.

Report back!

12NEXT