We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1415161718NEXT
Tetrahydroharmine (THH) sublingually Options

Jorkest
#301 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:30:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

obviously we dont know EVERYTHING about the interactions...but what Coatl have you heard about problems with tyramine and harmalas? the worst thing that has ever happened to SWIM was puking or shitting..and maybe a slight headache(this happened when he combined thh with MDA)
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#302 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:32:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This subject is making me want to eat some more cheeseSmile God I love cheeseSmile
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

'Coatl
#303 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:32:37 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Yes, I have. More than once.

I personally drank a Coca-cola while on Caapi and had a SERIOUS headache (like as in, I had to go lay down and do nothing else). I have also heard plenty of similar reports from others.

Now does Coca-cola have tyramine? Hell if I know. Did it give me a horrible headache while on Caapi? Well hell ya... so I won't be doing that again!

Quote:
This subject is making me want to eat some more cheeseSmile God I love cheese

Ya dude, I could go for some bre' right now!

Quote:
the worst thing that has ever happened to SWIM was puking or shitting..and maybe a slight headache(this happened when he combined thh with MDA)

Right. Never heard of anything close to death, but it's no fun poopin' and your head hurting while trippin'!

Laughing

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#304 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:35:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hahahah SWIM loves a nice shit while tripping...thats when he gets his best visuals!! and its likely that the reason for the headache is from the caffeine..
it's a sound

69ron
#305 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:37:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas can cause unusual interactions with some foods containing caffeine. That's for sure. Coffee seems extra strong for SWIM during ayahuasca. SWIM cannot eat chocolate candy while using harmaline without getting nauseated. But he can eat aged cheese, and lots of it, without a problem.

His favorite snack during pharmahuasca is a grilled cheese sandwich with garlic and jalapenos. Mmmmm. He usually has it about 5 minutes after taking the pharmahuasca.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

'Coatl
#306 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:42:02 AM

Teotzlcoatl

You eat food WITH your pharmahuasca?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#307 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:42:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

while SWIM was on san pedro extract...and pharmahuasca he ate a whole bunch of brei and aged extra sharp cheddar..so..there is tyramine in the san pedro extract..and there is tyramine in the cheese..and lots of it...no nausea..no headache..nothing..just a wonderful night..

and i do understand that everybody interacts with drugs differently..but..hey..more people die every year from peanuts than they do from MDMA...so...

EDIT: SWIM love to eat food while on pharma...usually right after taking it..and then about an hour or two after effects kick in...he loves to eat..and it tastes good

also when he eats food during pharma experiences..a few minutes after he eats he notices a nice increase in the effects
it's a sound

69ron
#308 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:44:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
You eat food WITH your pharmahuasca?

Yes, it helps calm SWIM's stomach if he eats 5 minutes after taking it.

69ron
#309 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:52:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM used to be like what's his name, and was afraid to eat cheese with harmala alkaloids because of what he read about MAOI compounds. Until one day, he was tripping really hard and forgot he wasn’t supposed to eat aged cheese. He ate a ton of pizza topped with 3 kinds of aged cheese. He ate half the pizza, and then thought, “OH SHIT WHAT DID I DO!” He got REALLY PARANOID he was going to die from “cheese syndrome”…then after a few minute he forgot about it because he was tripping REALLY HARD. After the peak, he looked at the dinner table and saw half of the pizza sitting there, he was full and he felt fine. No “cheese syndrome”, a full stomach, that was it.

Since then he eats cheese all the time without a problem. He doesn’t think twice about it.

However coffee, that's a different story. It's much stronger with harmine and harmaline (but weaker with THH) and can be unpleasant if you drink too much.

SWIM has had really strong coffee with THH and never noticed any potentiation of the caffeine by THH. The combination is pleasant. The THH takes the edge off of the coffee.

amor_fati
#310 Posted : 5/16/2009 9:05:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

xlplytsym wrote:
I meant wrong in the sense of the word "only."

Wikipedia didn't say that, I did...I quoted wikipedia in blockquotes. I probably should have rephrased it as "the only food that I know of that should probably be avoided." SWIM has used it to potentiate DXM.

SWIM loves blue cheese and brie and has definitely partaken in it with harmaloids in his system (he gets quite hungry shortly after the journey) and before taking harmaloids. He's also loves dark chocolate while on just about anything. He avoids caffeine in general, though, so he can't be sure of what interactions that might have.

Phlux-
#311 Posted : 5/17/2009 7:40:56 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

swim had coffee once with harmaloids - other foods too but coffee seemed to make all the difference - on the day of the journey he had 3g rue seeds ground up and eaten - yes this was long ago, before i found this site and its amazing teks - and 3.5g fungus - the next morning swim made coffee and after drinking it very quickly developed a quite strong pressure headache, manageable tho - the coffee was damn strong.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Seven
#312 Posted : 6/19/2009 7:28:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so swim could eat a bacon cheeseburger around 1, and by 7 slosh down some rue tea with no worries?
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

69ron
#313 Posted : 6/19/2009 8:51:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Wow, some heated debate here Smile

"69ron" wrote:
There’s not a single case of "cheese syndrome" reported for people using caapi or rue. Not a single one. And that is A FACT.

I have read of several cases regarding people eating foods such as salami after taking ayahuasca, causing the person to develop a splitting headache. I might put up a post on the ayahuasca board about it, so we can get a bit more information.

Another thing, caapi also inhibits mao-b at higher doses. Quite a few people doing ayahuasca takes larger amounts of maoi than most people here on the nexus. I am talking about debilitating doses were you cannot even move.

Another thing is that people have different sensitivities to tyramine. 69ron might just not be that sensitive to it. Not saying there is a reaction here, but it would be nice to find out for SURE.

Having a headache does not automatically mean the "cheese syndrome". Some people get a headache from smoking just pot. That doesn't mean they have the "cheese syndrome" at all. Headaches can be caused by all sorts of things. The "cheese syndrome" can be fatal. There are NO FATALITIES associated with harmala alkaloid use. NONE.

69ron
#314 Posted : 6/19/2009 8:57:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Until someone gives a link of an authentic case of the "cheese syndrome" actually being caused by taking harmala alkaloids, then this is nothing more than a bunch of talk. Where's the proof! And no, a headache is NOT proof. Some people get headaches after drinking alcohol, some people get headaches from strong coffee, pot, all sorts of things can cause headaches.

Harmala alkaloids increase the potency of a lot of drugs so a strong cup of coffee could act like 3 cups of strong coffee and that alone can give some people headaches.

Why are none of these headaches cheese related? WHY? Makes you wonder doesn’t it. If harmala alkaloids can cause the cheese syndrome then why is no one getting these symptoms from eating aged cheese? I think these headaches are from some other interaction.

SWIM drinks a ton of coffee and never had a headache from it even during ayahuasca. Also, many ayahuasca admixtures contain things like caffeine. It doesn't add up.

69ron
#315 Posted : 6/19/2009 9:04:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seven wrote:
so swim could eat a bacon cheeseburger around 1, and by 7 slosh down some rue tea with no worries?

SWIM does that, eats pizza, drinks coffee, etc., etc., etc., and never had any reactions at all, not one.

SWIMfriend
#316 Posted : 6/19/2009 9:07:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Seven wrote:

SWIM does that, eats pizza, drinks coffee, etc., etc., etc., and never had any reactions at all, not one.

Effects can vary between individuals. It's ALWAYS a good idea to exercise caution and restraint when dealing with powerful drugs...

Seven
#317 Posted : 6/19/2009 9:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Ron you eased me worries thanks, swimfriend you enforced them, thanks lol. Swim might just wait till tomorrow to play it safe.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

69ron
#318 Posted : 6/19/2009 9:30:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys, SWIM IS SENSITIVE TO TYRAMINE. He's bought it before at the local vitamin shop and gets headaches from it. He threw it away. SWIM would be the perfect person to get the "cheese syndrome" if it was possible.

The headache you get from too much tyramine is a very specific kind of headache.

When SWIM eats pepperoni pizza during an ayahuasca session he gets no effects at all from the pizza. Pepperoni is one of the items that can trigger the “cheese syndrome” and so can mozzarella cheese and parmesan. SWIM always orders his pizza with extra cheese.

SWIM gets no headache, no stomach symptoms, nothing at all from eating pizza during ayahuasca.

The reported headaches you guys mention are probably caused by something else.

SWIMfriend
#319 Posted : 6/19/2009 10:32:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seven wrote:
thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Ron you eased me worries thanks, swimfriend you enforced them, thanks lol. Swim might just wait till tomorrow to play it safe.

Take my advice as sensible caution, and 69ron's experience as comfort that the situation appears not the be CRITICAL. With drugs of any kind there is always SOME latitude--the important detail often ends up being HOW MUCH latitude there is. 69ron's experiences imply there's a LOT of latitude on this issue. Which means caution is still WISE...but if you screw up it probably isn't the end of the world.

I would ask "Is it such a HARDSHIP to avoid the cheeseburger?"

69ron
#320 Posted : 6/19/2009 10:43:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just loves aged cheese and isn't going to stop eating it. He'd rather stop using ayahuasca than stop eating cheeseSmile Fortunately he can have them both.

Maybe some people cannot. Until a thorough study on it is performed then we'll never really know will we.

«PREV1415161718NEXT