We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushroom Contemplation Options

40oztofreedom
#1 Posted : 10/3/2008 8:41:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lately, I've had the option to buy plenty of regular P.Cubensis mushrooms. Sure enough I've done regular amounts. Most 3.5 grams per session. But, after talking to people, reading some experience vaults on erowid. I wonder if I should really just go all out with these mushrooms and do the magic amount (or more?) that Terrence McKenna talked about so much. I'm thinking somewhere around the lines of 6, 7 grams.

These mushrooms are decent quality, and haven't been a problem at all. I'm just deciding whether or not to take a load of mushrooms, or would it be better to invest in the supplies for DMT or ayahuasca.

I'd really like your feedback, because with no DMT experience, but plenty of mushroom experience. I'd just like to see what would be the more body friendly, wallet friendly and overall better decision would be.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 10/4/2008 12:30:00 AM

John Murdoch IV

I once did around 8-9gr. of dry of Psilocybe semilanceata aka Liberty cap which is a bit more potent than P. cubensis. The trip was way too much and a real fight for sanity, but I did trip in very messy conditions. Maybe it would have been ok in different setting.

But I'm not doing this again EVER Razz I feel like 4 years later my nerves haven't recovered properly Razz I feel like there's still some stress in my system since this trip.

But like I said, different setting might have been ok, I will probably never know 'cause I'm not doing this again.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 10/4/2008 1:58:13 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Just try 5g of the mushrooms you've got if they are fairly cheap, start with 5g and then work your way up... maybe 5.5g but I wouldn't go more than that.

PM me for a good Aya' source.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

40oztofreedom
#4 Posted : 10/4/2008 5:54:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exactly, this is what my main assumptions are. I think that high levels of psilocybin, while they can totally bring you into that DMT world so to speak. If I could achieve some notion of ego-death. But with psilocybin I'm just thinking that it would seem, sloppy and very unclear. That and under mushrooms, they basically take over your brain in ways you can't control.

Which is why I think DMT or Aya would probably be a better choice at this point in time. But, availibility of mushrooms is a snap of the finger and I can get loads.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 10/4/2008 6:07:46 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Take 5g and then do Ayahuasca.

Both are good, just different.

Or... take Ayahuasca + 'Shrooms Twisted Evil
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 10/5/2008 3:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM says that working with aya or spice is very cost effective...learning how to feed your brain is important
it's a sound

modsquad09
#7 Posted : 10/5/2008 5:02:37 PM

mods

5 grams of shrooms is more intense (hits more of the body) than a dmt breakthrough & ive broken through on acid..

maybe it was just the strain of shrooms i had... im not saying dmt isnt intense, but shrooms last longer & are more wavy & give you more of a heaven/hell type thing then astral projection, ego death, untill your reborn

to me both world are totally different, dmt is more magical, shrooms have more of a cartoony hellish image, size distortion is more apparent, and blurrs & real halucination, just way more bi-polar, & alot more fighting of the ego to me. dmt is just instant you dont have to feel the whole dying process it happens in a second.
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

40oztofreedom
#8 Posted : 10/6/2008 5:50:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Take 5g and then do Ayahuasca.

Both are good, just different.

Or... take Ayahuasca + 'Shrooms Twisted Evil

I think that combination would be a little much at this point. Maybe once I've got the money to throw around, and the time to recover.Rolling eyes
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 10/6/2008 6:54:38 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I donno... Might be fun...

1g 'shrooms + 50g Caapi + 15g Psychotria?

For regular Ayahuasca it's roughly this-

50-75g Caapi
20g+ Psychotria
And/or Diplopterys 15g+

the_Landotter
#10 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:22:08 PM

Johnny Landotter

Up to 7 grams and you will have a very intense and overwhelming experience. You won't go mad per se but you will feel as if you might. There have been some very 'bad' trips for me on high dosages and also some excellent, heart-opening, cosmic-love-&-warmth ones as well. Sometimes both on the same trip. Honestly, the 'bad' ones are the ones where you learn the most... I mean, being rocked to sleep by a gentle, thrumming Universal Mother is nice, but you don't come out of that experience with a lot of power or insight. For that, you need to engage in battle. Maybe that's too Appolonian for you, but its worked for me in the past.

More than 7 grams and I agree with a lot of the posts above... too messy, too insane, too much of too too much. Not worth it.

ignotum per ignotius, obscurum per obscurious

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:24:52 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I wouldn't go above 5 grams.

lorax
#12 Posted : 10/21/2008 10:38:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

from 5 grams upwards its always a fight for sanity. i have NEVER had a mushroom trip which i could call nice in that dosage range. its like being mentally ill for like 4 hours. mushrooms tend to be very frightening at larger doses. plus they usually make me unable to move. its like a real quest just going to take a piss. if you venture any higher than 3 grams i recommend making an extract and not eating the mushroom bodys. they can make you feel very ill to the stomach.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Fable
#13 Posted : 10/21/2008 10:52:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could always do a cold water extract on 3g of Syrian rue seed and then 30 min after drinking that, try 2g of cubes.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

'Coatl
#14 Posted : 10/21/2008 4:04:32 PM

Teotzlcoatl

MAOI + 'Shrooms feels TOTALLY different...

Somebody needs to try THH + 'Shrooms!

40oztofreedom
#15 Posted : 10/22/2008 6:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
MAOI + 'Shrooms feels TOTALLY different...

Somebody needs to try THH + 'Shrooms!

I actually may plan on doing that once my next big check rolls around here.

I'll probably just keep it at my normal dosage (3.5 grams) that I'm used to working with all the time. I'm just curious if I should pre-dose the THH, or wait until the mushrooms have kicked in, and then dose with THH, so I can feel that before and after effect.

As far as my plans with high mushroom dosing will go, I mean. I really have no problem fighting for my insanity. I'm not looking to be comforted, or have any euphoria. My true joy comes out of the knowledge that I gain when the whole experience is over with. But I'm coming to that conclusion where I think I'm just going to make a date on my calendar for some ayahuasca. It just seems a lot more like its worth my time.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------

'Coatl
#16 Posted : 10/22/2008 6:43:46 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I say do the THH 15-20m before ingesting the mushrooms orally, or 20-30m after ingesting the mushrooms sublingually.

I think doses above 4 or 5 grams should be made into a tea or some of sort of other simple water infusion type extraction.