We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
me, or the lack thereof Options

ohlinfaust
#1 Posted : 5/22/2011 2:15:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

to better understand me, let me take a quick look into the interior of my past with psychoative chemicals.
i discovered them my freshman year of highschool, but was shown them is a preverse light, and to chase my high, i quickly turned to selling them around my school, buisness started slow, but i quickly progressed and became number two dealer in the school, and worked for and was friends with numero uno

anyways, this sort of attention quickly leads to getting caught, wich it did and i was expelled and put in near isolation for the next 18 months of my life, in wich i had no one else and had to find somthing to kill the time, i began surfing the web and stubled across a bard by the name terrence mckenna
and nothing has ever been the same....

fast forward a year and i am more lost than before, but somehow in a good way, im off the shallow path of culture that i was on, and now am asking, what now? iv begone looking into everything from alchemy to occultism and the connection and relevencey somtimes overwhelm me, my only key are these psudo nerotransmitters that we all love and fear
i know its a long shot but i hope that if i can learn everything i can about thes ancient religons, secret teachings and wild ravings of mad teachers
and put together all the conections i can come to an undrstanding, or destroy the assumption of understanding......
i guess thats all
"So the conclusion that I reach, visa vie the individual and civilization, is this: Culture is not our friend. Culture is not your friend. It’s not my friend. It’s a very uncomfortable set of accommodations that have been hammered out over time for the convenience of institutions."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

codeofomerta
#2 Posted : 5/22/2011 2:55:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus. Good luck in your quest to learn everything. However:

I heard of a study once where they asked people in medical school how much they knew about medicine. There was apparently a bell curve dependent on age. The people just entering the school said they knew nothing. The people at the end of freshman year said they knew nothing. The people that were graduating said they knew very little.

I just retold that study from memory. I forget where I read about it and what it was called. However the point is, if you think that you know everything about a topic, you are probably just scraping the surface.

Have a good stay at the Nexus.

ohlinfaust
#3 Posted : 5/22/2011 2:58:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha isnt that the paradox? its definetly somthing ill have to wrestle with in the futur
thanks for the welcome!
"So the conclusion that I reach, visa vie the individual and civilization, is this: Culture is not our friend. Culture is not your friend. It’s not my friend. It’s a very uncomfortable set of accommodations that have been hammered out over time for the convenience of institutions."

endlessness
#4 Posted : 5/22/2011 10:45:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Im sure you've seen by now how much we are against selling dmt and these substances for a variety of reasons. Im sorry to hear you had to suffer for it but I hope what happened with you leads you into being more careful regarding your choices in the future.

Regarding ancient religions and occult teachings, I think it might be interesting thing to read about for personal curiosity and research-wise, but it's very important to have a strong sense of critical thinking, check different sources, question and doubt everything, etc. There is just too much unreliable and misleading information, people trying to get your money, brainless conspiracy theories and what not. Also do understand that in this forum there is a generally very scientific attitude and we want that information presented here is reliable (as well as no conspiracy-theory discussions wanted), so please be sure to check and quote your sources if you want to discuss such subjects here.

Also I think if you are looking for answers regarding what are these substances and what does our whole existence mean, you're very likely to be dissapointed or end up deluded (imho). At least in my experience it will always lead to more questions than answers, which isnt a bad thing but rather beautiful, since it shows life to be a continuous process of discovery, where each day we have to make an effort to find our way, to improve ourselves, to find where we fit in the whole scheme and try to make the best decisions we can in any given moment. For me, psychedelics help me appreciate the mistery of reality, and the answers I find are not permanent and through the experience itself, but rather are a continuous discovery which comes when trying to integrate my experiences in daily life.

By the way one thing that I didnt get from your post is, did you try dmt yet? Orally/vapped? What about extractions? Whats your experience with other psychedelics?

Oh and, if you didnt yet I definitely suggest checking our FAQ and Wiki in general

See you around!

ohlinfaust
#5 Posted : 5/25/2011 5:57:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thx, i keep that in mind
i havent done Dmt yet, but im working on m first extraction right now, and having trouble, um and im on the hunt for DPT