We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT virgin here! Options

earthman
#1 Posted : 5/21/2011 11:26:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Fellow Psychonauts,

After spending many hours reading and learning here I have finally registered! I am impressed with the generous and respectful quality of the Nexus community and I’m grateful for what I have learned here so far.

So a bit about me. I have not tried DMT yet, though I plan to when I can. I have never come across it and cannot do an extraction just yet but plan to when I can. I plan to try Salvia Divinorum soon, as that is available to me.

I have done a lot of research on DMT and Ayahuasca, through books and the internet.

I first tried LSD in 1973 and loved it and thus began my career as a psychonaut! I have not kept count of all my trips but there have been hundreds of LSD trips and many mushroom trips, and one peyote trip. Although I have had a lot of wonderful psychedelic experiences, nothing has been as intense as the descriptions of DMT and Ayahuasca experiences I’ve read.

My interests are spirituality, nature (wilderness), and creative work and my psychedelic experiences are an integral part of those three themes.

I am a believer in the sacred use of psychedelics and the integration of the experiences…transformation of consciousness, integral evolution, and creativity. Special interests include death and dying, ontology, and eschatology.

I became interested in transpersonal psychology through the works of Stan Grof, Ken Wilber, and others and went back to college and eventually finished a masters degree in clinical psychology.

Thanks for taking the time to read this introduction.

Namaste

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MelCat
#2 Posted : 5/21/2011 11:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I hope your situation allows you to do an extraction soon.

I've always wanted to visit Alaska. After living in the city for far too long, wide open spaces definitely sound appealing.

I look forward to reading more from ya!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

smokerx
#3 Posted : 5/21/2011 11:40:39 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

welcome to nexus earthman. it looks like this may be the right place for you. hope you get you first extracted spice soon to share your experience with as.

sending love
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

earthman
#4 Posted : 5/21/2011 11:59:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Melodic and smokerx. I've read all the teks many times and I'm pretty sure I can do it but I'm not living in a place I can do an extraction right now. I guess I'll be patient and when the time is right I'll get to try it. Alaska is a beautiful land and hopefully you can visit sometime!

endlessness
#5 Posted : 5/22/2011 11:20:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!!!

Glad to read your introduction, straight to the point and shows how you're reasonable regarding the use of these substances Smile

So you say you cant extract now but what about simple brewing ayahuasca or analogues, is that possible?

Must be beautiful to trip in Alaska wilderness heh? Smile

earthman
#6 Posted : 5/22/2011 7:57:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness,

Thanks for your response. Currently I’m staying with a friend, who is a fellow psychonaut, and I have talked to him about extracting DMT. There are children in the house and I must wait until I have my own place.

Based on my research, I have a lot of respect for Ayahuasca. I’m not sure I want to do it on my own, especially the first time. I have researched and considered going to South America and doing it with shaman guidance, but that is beyond my means right now. It could happen!

I have ordered some Moclobemide in anticipation of trying Ayahuasca or Pharmahuasca but still the long brewing process is not possible now in my current living situation.

I do believe we live in a time of accelerating change and psychedelics can help us accelerate our own preparation/evolution. Maybe this is similar to McKenna’s Timewave Zero, I’m not sure. So part of me is eager to get on with it and part of me feels it may not be necessary because there is not a lot of time left, and I‘ve been on this path a long time. Strange to me that I never even heard of DMT until a couple years ago, though I first learned of Ayahuasca about seven years ago. Anyway, I feel that when the time is right the doors will open.

Maybe I am procrastinating out of fear, because it is daunting. I used to think that I accepted death but the ego is sneaky and I think there is still some resistance in me.

I used to trip in the wilderness. I would go backpacking alone in the Sierra Nevada mountains and do mushrooms and it was fantastic This was in the 70’s and 80’s before I moved to Alaska. I think I got the point where I was afraid to go further, or at least needed a lot of time to integrate before going further. The wilderness setting is pretty ideal in my opinion for tripping.

There is some fantastically beautiful wilderness in Alaska. Denali National Park is awesome, wild, primeval. But there are bugs and bears to deal with so tripping is risky, or perhaps more risky than usual. Shocked

It is amazing to me that you have over 6,000 posts!

Namaste