We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Burning man anyone? Options

Zorro
#1 Posted : 9/13/2008 12:52:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Been meaning to drop a post...

Seeing as most of your guys are states side, do any of you get to Burning Man in Nevada? I've been 4 times now and had such wicked expereinces there... Missed it this year and will def be going next year. Been to a few festivals and events in my time and gotta say its definately the party of the planet and I've persuaded so many people to make the effort and go from the UK - no mean task that is... Not the easiest place to live for 7-9 days in the middle of a dusty desert, but love it so much...

Current TV links to BM 2008

Burning Man site

cheers... Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 9/13/2008 12:56:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd love to ..but too expensive + fear of the bush administration. Laughing

DMTripper
#3 Posted : 9/13/2008 5:49:02 PM

John Murdoch IV

I would sooo love to go there. For me it's just "in a galaxy far, far away" Sad
But someday Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

polytrip
#4 Posted : 9/13/2008 6:23:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Never been there. I would like to go there someday. But at the beginning of the new millenium i went to a party at a squatted village in holland where they set fire to a 20 meter wooden tower they've built and it was awesome. http://www.tvamsterdam.nl/images/babel.jpg

Dwhitty76
#5 Posted : 9/13/2008 6:37:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All these years and i've never been eith

When i lived in Los Angeles, i used to go to these full moon parties ("Moon Tribe" ) out in the mojave desert in nevada.

It was a real good time.

Nothing on the scale of BM. I think the most people i saw there was 2,000 people tops.

I was going to these gathering every full moon back in the mid ninities but it still goes on,if anyone lives ne cali,nevada area. http://www.moontribe.org/

Next yr. i wanna go to burning man
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Zorro
#6 Posted : 9/13/2008 8:36:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Never been there. I would like to go there someday. But at the beginning of the new millenium i went to a party at a squatted village in holland where they set fire to a 20 meter wooden tower they've built and it was awesome. http://www.tvamsterdam.nl/images/babel.jpg

Looks wicked especially when burning, love fire... well... In 2006 they built the waffle as below...
Waffle (before) and another before giving you an idea of size... Waffle again

And here it is on fire: Pic1 Pic2 (mini selection here and cathedral esp nice) And you get fire twisters from it... fire demon

Anyways, I'll stop myself as I'll paste the whole site on here...

We have lots of free/squat parties going in the uk... they're pretty fun... loads of big rigs setup - the city of Bristol is renowned for em...

The expensive part from coming from Europe is the flight cost... once in the states, it's not too bad after that with a bit of planning....

endlessness
#7 Posted : 9/13/2008 10:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

never went there, USA is far and not on my priority travel list.. but burning man does sound interesting!

One particular thing that seems very nice is that there are always nice people giving talks, like the shulgins, nick sand, etc etc...

I used to go a lot to psy festivals like boom, ozora, voov, universo paralello, etc, but have quieted down lately..