We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca question Options

Global
#1 Posted : 5/18/2011 4:10:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

If I'm brewing my mimosa in one pot and caapi in another, and I'm maintaining the water level just above the plant material, would it make sense if once I'm done and pour off the solvents into separate containers if simply adding more water to each and doing one final boil would result in the separate final boils being just as potent as what was originally poured off (or remotely close)?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/18/2011 4:15:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

why dont you just put the 2 (or better 3 imo) boils of each plant together (I dont mean mimosa+caapi together, rather the 3xmimosa together and 3xcaapi together) and then reduce it? That way its standardized potency and you get all your alkaloids out. Otherwise yes different boils will have different strenghts

Global
#3 Posted : 5/18/2011 4:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Ok right. That's what I did last time, I think I was merely confusing myself. Perhaps this is a better question: if I make a 50g caapi brew (which is estimated to contain the roughly 250mg of harmalas needed for one person), if I were to split the brew into two doses (one for myself and the other for a friend) would it be reasonable to say that we would both receive MAO inhibition assuming we would have received it if hypothetically taking the whole liquid by oneself?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

endlessness
#4 Posted : 5/18/2011 5:03:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well I dont know if 50g of caapi will be enough for 2 people, it will really depend on your caapi quality. My last batch, a dosage for one person was aroudn 40g, so in that case if I did what you say, it would fall short, so the trip would probably be very quick and/or not so strong..

but yes if hypothetically 25g of caapi is enough, then dividing 50g in 2 = enough Smile

Global
#5 Posted : 5/18/2011 5:14:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh rats, I suppose I'll have to get more caapi. Thanks endless

jamie
#6 Posted : 5/18/2011 5:15:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

with 25g dont be surprised if the trip only lasts like 30-40 minutes. I have gotten away with doses like that in the past, but it is short lived and larger doses just have so much more of that ayahuasca energy.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 5/18/2011 7:37:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
fractal enchantment wrote:
with 25g dont be surprised if the trip only lasts like 30-40 minutes. I have gotten away with doses like that in the past, but it is short lived and larger doses just have so much more of that ayahuasca energy.

And you should know that fractal enchantment is realy sensitive for harmala's. For me, 25 grams would do very little and it would most certainly not activate any orally ingested DMT.

You can hardly take too much caapi, so you'd better take a little more than strictly needed than a little less.

I'll bet 25 grams is not gonna do anything. Very little people are as lucky as fractal to be that sensitive to it.