We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Good music to trip to? any suggestions? Options

scooby
#1 Posted : 5/18/2011 2:13:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has good quality tabs and is gonna trip tonight and needs some good music to go along with his experience if you have any songs you can suggest that are your favorite to trip to please feel free to post as many as you can!!! thanks Smile much love! -scoob
Anything I say on this forum is pure fiction. Nothing I say is true please don't take me seriously.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Korey
#2 Posted : 5/18/2011 2:37:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find these threads a bit confusing, choose music you like, or listen to a genre you believe you'll have interest in, the amount of detail in music should astonish you.

I tend to choose a decent variety of music when I'm having an LSD or psilocybin trial. The emotion music can induce into me is just incredible, so I like to balance it out with music that invokes joy, sadness and hope, and throughout those three emotions you will be experiencing ecstatic bliss, which for me, is extremely therapeutic. After I'm past this area of auditory experience, I tend to change the pace to upbeat, to just have some good, old fashion fun. Anything from classic rock, Ska/reggae, indie rock, jazz, or dubstep to just put a smile on my face and dance around naked. Smile Here's a few songs I've really enjoyed on high doses of LSD and psilocybin. Enjoy, and good vibes man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwOXnpO1fTg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmYz9XFOuOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQyR-FXJCLk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzOfw-pdLHw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcRKvutYms

β€œThe most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

humblebee
#3 Posted : 5/18/2011 4:44:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this is kind of fun depending what your tripping on: Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - Skrillex - look on you tube for "dubstep" it's some trippy love

Never forget the trippy music masters ---SHPONGLE! the dmt song

Star Shpongled Banner-w nice animation
claymation style
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

curious sigma one
#4 Posted : 5/18/2011 5:45:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey!

I made a similar topic a few days ago, here's the thread:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=21623

Mine is the first and I included a bunch of links.

The music is considered progressive rock and psychedelic rock from the late 1960s-late 1970s, I believe it to be highly esteemed.

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Ummagumma albums by Pink Floyd are ABSOLUTELY LSD-worthy (and mushroom worthy)

Gong Flying Teapot, Pulsar and all of the listed tracks, check them out! "Analog" music, or music using instruments and drum kit tends to be far more organic and earthy than digital synth/drum machines/electronic music and for me, resonates very interesting information and visuals.

Good travels!

curious sigma one
#5 Posted : 5/18/2011 5:47:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally forgot Frank Zappa's album Studio Tan, a must-hear

humblebee
#6 Posted : 5/18/2011 5:52:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Scoob - is SWIM an acronym?
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

humblebee
#7 Posted : 5/18/2011 6:06:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow cool!

btw-It's all true!

BananaForeskin
#8 Posted : 5/18/2011 7:16:06 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yeah, there are a lot of threads about this, but I'll contribute my bit: OM .
¤ø¸β€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸β€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸β€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

scooby
#9 Posted : 5/18/2011 8:41:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

curious sigma one wrote:
Hey!

I made a similar topic a few days ago, here's the thread:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=21623

Mine is the first and I included a bunch of links.

The music is considered progressive rock and psychedelic rock from the late 1960s-late 1970s, I believe it to be highly esteemed.

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Ummagumma albums by Pink Floyd are ABSOLUTELY LSD-worthy (and mushroom worthy)

Gong Flying Teapot, Pulsar and all of the listed tracks, check them out! "Analog" music, or music using instruments and drum kit tends to be far more organic and earthy than digital synth/drum machines/electronic music and for me, resonates very interesting information and visuals.

Good travels!

thanks man! much appreciated I didn't realize you opened a thread already thank you though SWIMS having a great trip tonight and is getting very good vibes from the music everyone posted thank you!!!!Smile Smile Smile
Anything I say on this forum is pure fiction. Nothing I say is true please don't take me seriously.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today."

MelCat
#10 Posted : 5/18/2011 8:43:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't forget to check out some Shulman

Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

machine11
#11 Posted : 6/10/2011 6:29:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great music ->
Michael Hoenig - Departure from the northern wasteland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2-ERx6Acow

!Xabbu
#12 Posted : 6/10/2011 10:28:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Day Dream (Astrix & Delirious)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXUeovlPuuA
- Wer heute den Kopf in den Sand steckt knirscht morgen mit den Zähnen -

naepius
#13 Posted : 6/11/2011 12:01:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My all time favorite trip music is Meat Beat Manifesto's "Subliminal Sandwich" album - especially the second disc.

Any album by Orbital I also highly recommend Smile

smc123
#14 Posted : 6/11/2011 2:12:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shpongle for sure.. divine moments of truth is a good one by them, but definitely check em out.

ShaggyK
#15 Posted : 6/11/2011 2:31:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have any love for drum n bass/drumstep/electronica, Noisia (Groundhog, Shellshock, Red Heat, Cloudshine, Thursday.. almost anything from their Split the Atom album) and Reso (Aethra, **Expansion Ratio**, War Machine, Syndicate, Technetium) are fantastic artists for an LSD trip.
Intense at times, but they're mindblowing if you let go of your body.

I'll also vouch for Skrillex. "Kill everybody (bare noize remix)" and "Rock N' Roll (will take you to the mountains)" are VERY intense at the peak of a trip.
Really, it's more of a mindfuck novelty feeling than anything deep, but still fun.

If you like more rock type music, I would highly recommend King Crimson. Had a friend listen to one of their albums on ecstasy and professed to having the best night of his life.

Jeff Loomis has an amazing solo guitar album, as well as Marc Rizzo (he has 3), if you're into that sort of thing. Of course there's Satriani, Yngwie, and others in that genre.

As a bit of weirdness, I really enjoy Diablo Swing Orchestra. Anything and everything from their first album is really beautiful and well written, it goes fantastic with an LSD trip.

I also enjoy some thinking man's metal like Nevermore, Scar Symmetry (first 3 albums only, IMO), Megadeth, and Pagan's Mind.

Oh, also Infected Mushroom. Great Psychedelic Trance. I really love their 2nd album. "Bust a Move" is just.. awesome.

Alright I hope you were able to follow all of that.
Good vibes man! Very happy
ShaggyK is a fictional character who is certifiably insane and resides in the collective minds of a certifiably insane group of lemurs. Any relation to anything is purely coincidental.

Duraldo
#16 Posted : 6/11/2011 2:39:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I prefer to trip in silence, especially on DMT. Usually music sounds too crazy for me, or it becomes essentially "noise" in the background of my trip.

AllIsDistraction
#17 Posted : 6/17/2011 8:18:03 PM

If you improve we'll all improve

I don't have a ton of experience with this but of the few times I've tripped this song was the most powerful:

"Woods" by Bon Iver

It brought on an intense wave of synesthesia in which I could "pull" ribbons of color out of thin air as they appeared. And as the song built up more and more I kept seeing more ribbons to pull. It was a lot of fun for sure - worth checking out at least once I'd say!
Learning to know that I do not know.

!Xabbu
#18 Posted : 6/17/2011 9:12:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last night I got blown away from Guano Apes - Open your Eyes. Reflecting with some friends and listening to Songs like this... Boom, what the fuck happens right now. Like smoking DMT, even without DMT. Smoothing it with Heal the World and Man in the Mirror gave it the Spin. Incredible..

Not sure what the Apes do to you when you´re TRAVELLING Pleased
- Wer heute den Kopf in den Sand steckt knirscht morgen mit den Zähnen -

brainechoes
#19 Posted : 6/18/2011 1:05:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kaya project, Ott, Mauxuam, Androcell, Shpongle, Shulman

MerryPrankster
#20 Posted : 6/18/2011 8:21:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Infected Mushroom are Awesome. there's a lot of shitty psytrance groups out there, but IM rule. Their album Classical Mushroom is prolly my favourite. They're just good.
Ozric Tentacles are also fucking amazing. Excellent stuff.

But, I always end up tripping to Tool. Tool has featured in every single trip I've had, and I doubt that will change any time soon... Except I can't see Tool helping me while I'm experiencing DMT.
Apply layers to reality, things only you can see. Add a beat to normality, to tap the core of insanity.
Satisfaction is the death of desire.

12NEXT