We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I am... Options

Tsehakla
#1 Posted : 5/16/2011 6:52:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

- old
- nerdy
- technical
- seeking enlightenment
- more scientific than spiritual
- ready to admit I don't know everything
- willing to answer questions about the things I believe I know
- utterly fascinated by the potential psychedelics have to tell us about ourselves

Hi All,

This is supposed to be an essay about myself and why I want full membership, it ain't gonna happen though. I will tell you about myself, etc., but it will probably not be in the form of an essay (a good one anyways)--I'm more of a points, facts, and arguments kinda guy.

avocations: FOSS computing, electronics, gardening, cooking
vocation: slacker
education: undergraduate chemistry (synthetic and analytic), microbiology, philosophy

Sometime back in the mid-1970's I read about a psychedelic called DMT. My first thoughts were something along the lines of, `now that sound interesting enough to try.' Over the next few decades I kept an ear open but never came across it or anyone who knew anything about it. As far as I knew it was a novel synthetic drug, a blip that popped up and disappeared with the flower power crowd. I had given up hope of ever coming across the stuff and eventually pretty much forgot about it. Then came 2007, and in a moment of boredom I entered "DMT" into Google's search engine. Less than a year later I had a kilo of MHRB sitting in front of me--that may be the best $95 I ever spent!

Between then and now I devoured anything related I could find on the 'net (including the tek files here), worked up a variation of Noman's "DMT for the Masses" which fit the materials I had easy access to, and generally had my long standing but somewhat lapsed interest in psychedelics rekindled.

Most recently I've been frustrated looking for scientific papers online. Abstracts are easy enough to find, but most of the papers are out of reach (I'm poor, stingy, and philosophically have a problem with commercial interests both directing research and smothering the free flow of information [I'll spare you that rant Wink ]). A couple days ago I stumbled upon the "Scientific Articles on DMT/Ayahuasca/Psychedelics" thread, ten minutes later I registered so I could access them.

You may be wondering what this has to do with "full membership". Well, it is simple, I'd feel a little guilty if I was to download all the posted papers without giving back to the community that provided them. Since the site appears to be structured in such a way that I can't post to the forums I'd be most likely to contribute to unless I am a full member...

See you in the forums,
Two things to keep in mind:
1) It is all lies.
2) There is no privacy on the Internet.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/16/2011 7:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I think you'll find your description fits a lot of people here, since there are quite many older members and many also have a predominantly scientific/skeptic/questioning attitude Smile

So while you didnt specifically say so, I take it that you tried from the extracttion you made? How was it, compared to what you imagined? Did you try oral dmt too, or any interest in it?

What about other psychedelics, whats your experience with them?

BTW im glad you were able to make use of the scientific papers. Quite a few of us have access to university subscriptions so if there is any particular paper you are looking for and cant find, feel free to tell us and we see if we can find. Also its nice to hear you want to give back to the community, its always a good sign!

See you around Smile

Tsehakla
#3 Posted : 5/16/2011 12:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

I think you'll find your description fits a lot of people here, since there are quite many older members and many also have a predominantly scientific/skeptic/questioning attitude Smile

So while you didnt specifically say so, I take it that you tried from the extracttion you made? How was it, compared to what you imagined? Did you try oral dmt too, or any interest in it? What about other psychedelics, whats your experience with them?

Oh ya, I tried it. Laughing Cautiously at first to get my bearings but after a few 5mg-10mg hits (using The Machine) I was comfortable enough with it to up the dose to the point where the world disintegrates into swirling crystal shards (~20mg)--I'm a little hesitant to go much beyond that point because atm I'd be going it alone, most of the crowd are alcohol and pot party people who prefer the milder high they get from spiked joints (if they enjoy it at all). To be perfectly honest, I am quite satisfied for the time being with low doses. Usually I'll roll up a couple small joints of 10mg-15mg on dried Cannabis fan leaves; three light tokes is enough to make patterns pop, and I'll stay at that level for awhile.

As far as my imagination goes, it wasn't adequate. I seem to recall reading that it was like going from zero to peaking on a few hits of good acid in under a minute... either it is way more than that or I've never done good acid! "WOW!" was my initial reaction.

I haven't tried oral yet, it is on the list though. The original plan was to extract some Harmala alkaloids from Syria Rue seed and do the pharmahuasca thing with about 30mg DMT and 100mg of Harmala. The trial extraction of Rue didn't go too well though. Using the Hasenfratz method; it was a lot tougher to squish the juice out of the mash than I figured--tried a perforated plastic disk in a glass beaker, made a real mess, lots of yellow stains all over the work bench, really low yield--I think I'll need to make a press and try again... or scrap that plan and simply brew up some potentially foul decoction. Not having a good partner is a bit of a stumbling block.

Experience wise: Enough LSD when I wasn't much more than a kid to get to the point where I'd be thinking,"oh crap, another 4-6 hrs of this". Then 2 hits for a decent trip turned into 4, then it pretty much disappeared. Shrooms where hit or miss (poor quality, most likely) so I didn't bother with them after a few tries. Had access to mescaline for a short time, but didn't know what I was doing and ended up wasting that opportunity with way too low doses. Of course I had to try Salvia d. when it appeared at a local head shop--I like the stuff, but suspect it is too unpredictable to teach us much about how our brains work.

endlessness wrote:
BTW im glad you were able to make use of the scientific papers. Quite a few of us have access to university subscriptions so if there is any particular paper you are looking for and cant find, feel free to tell us and we see if we can find. Also its nice to hear you want to give back to the community, its always a good sign!

Don't worry, I will not be shy.

endlessness wrote:
See you around Smile

Take care
1) It is all lies.

Enoon
#4 Posted : 5/16/2011 12:52:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi Tsehakla,

welcome to the nexus.
Looking forward to hearing more from you Smile

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

a1pha
#5 Posted : 5/16/2011 7:23:16 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Hello Tsehakla-

Pleasure reading your introduction. Can't wait to hear more.

Hopefully they get the crfdl system debugged - good database of articles being collected.

Cheers!
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Tsehakla
#6 Posted : 5/16/2011 11:35:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi a1pha,

I stopped by CRFDL a couple weeks ago. The shelves seemed to be a little bare... is that a consequence of bugs?

1) It is all lies.

MooshyPeaches
#7 Posted : 5/17/2011 12:41:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome =]

bodhi
#8 Posted : 5/17/2011 3:30:42 AM

it's just a dream

Welcome, we have a lot in common.

Funny how, as you get older and you've experienced a few things, you think is that all there is?

That's why I'm here. Wink

a1pha
#9 Posted : 5/17/2011 4:45:06 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Tsehakla wrote:
Hi a1pha,

I stopped by CRFDL a couple weeks ago. The shelves seemed to be a little bare... is that a consequence of bugs?

GIve it another try. I've been informed the serious bugs are worked out and the database is (slowly) being populated.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley