We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
introduction Options

humblebee
#1 Posted : 5/15/2011 11:32:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Razz Hey everybody,

So, I am female in her 40s living in Berkeley CA. I'm a sculptor and am mechanically inclined. I didn't read other essays so I'm going a little blind, I hope this is OK. I have a spiritual path which includes psychedelics. And DMT verified that in a big way. I am here looking for like minded reciprocity. I was introduced to blasting off by a good friend and I have to say- it changed my life. I've only had a few experiences with it and look forward to further exploration.

I was reading a post about synchronized blasting off from 2008. It seems like a GREAT idea. I want to know how it went but got bored and/or impatient scanning for the result. So came here to start this aspect of my journey.

I feel very encouraged by reading seasoned poster experiences. I am not in a living situation where I can use the recipe suggestions at all. Perhaps I may use a friends house to create aya, but would like to know if it smells offensive enough to cause him distress. I have a acacia maidenelli in my front yard that I may explore-tho from research I think MHRB may be easier and better.

The following is my favorite article right now it's long and kind of intense but true, it is how I feel about my psychedelic path to a "T". While the author uses mushrooms to describe his view, I believe all psychedelics apply.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_article3.shtml
That's pretty much it for now. Thanks for being here!
humble bee checking out the flowers
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 5/15/2011 11:37:08 PM

Welcome to the DMT-Nexus humblebee!

Aya doesn't smell that bad at all, especially if you don't use vinegar. It smells pretty good if you ask me!

Maybe cook your friend some soup right next to it just in case Razz

humblebee
#3 Posted : 5/16/2011 12:00:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for replying-good to know, I have offered him but he says he's done so many psychedelics that he gets weird now, however he admits to not trying dmt. Maybe he'll reconsider, I'll make some extra just in case.
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

endlessness
#4 Posted : 5/16/2011 7:16:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus Smile

Yeah aya shouldnt smell bad, maybe a bit woody or peculiar but not overly strong/bad as an extraction with solvents could for example. But dont add any acid to your ayahuasca, though, otherwise it could smell strong/bad (like if you added vinegar for example).

What dosage are you considering? How are you brewing? Also, planning on using any dmt-containing admixture?

I suggest for first try, go for caapi-only, maybe around 40g, and see how that goes. The ideal is to find the dosage where you feel caapi by itself (some tracers, funny headspace, some alteration to body feelings and balance, etc) but not so much that you get very dizzy and very hard time walking etc. Then once that sweetspot is found, add some of the admixture next time. I preffer Psychotria viridis as admixture (maybe 50g depending on quality) rather than mimosa, but mimosa should work too (go very low, like 3g max for first time you add it), as well as extracted dmt can be added to the brew.

Good luck!

humblebee
#5 Posted : 5/17/2011 2:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

THanks for the advise. I have many questions, I am grateful for your help, by you I mean the you of course and the entire Nexus.

So ingest the b caapi first wait until it feels as you mention above then the other? Or do it to come up with a good dose for myself personally then, on another day do both?

40g is that weight of dry vine before extracted with simmering? Why do you prefer Psychotria? Do you have experience with Acacia Madenelli?

btw-It's all true!

endlessness
#6 Posted : 5/17/2011 8:09:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah caapi first and then both together next day I would say (if you have enough caapi to experiment first with just it... )

40g is dry caapi weight before doing the 3x (not just one) boils in the material.

I preffer psychotria in comparison with mimosa for oral use, in the very least because of taste (mimosa tastes soooo bad), but also there's this "romantic" thing about psychotria+caapi being the more common/original brew, mimosa is from a different area of Brazil its not even from the amazon. Not that this necessarily matters because we can always invent new things but somehow all the experiences I had with psychotria+caapi felt really right. It might be self-suggestion though, and also most trips I had with caapi+mimosa went also great (psychedelics hurray! Very happy ), but for some reason it feels for me that caapi+psychotria or extracted harmalas + extracted dmt are my ways of doing this.

Another thing to consider about mimosa is that its very very strong in terms of dmt content, so one gram more or less might make a lot of difference, making "overdose" more possible (which is I think why some people seem to feel mimosa as very hectic when consuming orally, I dont think mimosa is bad per-se but there are these issues of very strong potency and taste at least).

And no Ive never tried any acacias orally, if you do be sure to tell us how it goes. Just remember to first experiences start with low doses.

Good luck!