We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT has stopped working for me...? Options

OVERDOSE
#1 Posted : 5/15/2011 3:09:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all I know how to properly dose and vaporize. There's no issue there. I'm not on any meds or doing anything that would obviously effect my baseline serotonin levels, etc....

Basically I'm just not getting visuals anymore. The bright, colorful, high resolution 3d closed eye visuals that make dmt awesome don't come to me at all. If I see ANY visuals whatsoever they're very dim and brown and I have to strain to see them. I'll take my 3 huge hits, feeling like I'm about to launch I'll lie back and wait, and nothing really comes on. The body trip is still there, so it still feels like I'm tripping, but there's almost nothing going on visually/mentally. This has been the case for my last 5 or 6 attempts. It's pretty strange.

This dmt has not been stored at optimum conditions (my house is always kinda hot, the upstairs closet where I keep it averages out at 80 degrees) so if not for the fact that I still experience the strong body trips I would say that it had probably lost potency. But I don't think so, I think it's probably me...

I've smoked dmt over 100 times now, but I've never heard of any kind of long term tolerance. And I hardly ever smoke more than once or twice a week. Is it possible for people to gradually lose their ability to trip altogether? Or is it more likely weakened crystals? Help?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 5/15/2011 3:45:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

OVERDOSE wrote:
First of all I know how to properly dose and vaporize.

I'll take my 3 huge hits, ...

Don’t be so sure you know how to properly dose and vaporize. If you need three hits to get your full dose, then there is obviously much room for improvement. With an efficient device and good technique it is easy to inhale a full dose in a single rapid hit.

What sort of device do you use? Do you keep it clean? (Buildup can lead to a dramatic increase in condensation.) What is a typical dose size? What is your technique?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

OVERDOSE
#3 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:15:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use an oil burner. 3 solid hits out of that works perfectly fine for smoking 50-75 mgs in under a minute. This technique has worked extremely well for me for the last howevermany trips, so I'm not interested in paying 100 bucks for the VG when I can walk to the gas station and get an OB for 2 bucks and the results are basically the same. Right now it's not very clean but in the past I haven't noticed that making much of a difference, but what exactly do you mean by condensation? I just don't think cleaning the pipe a bit would somehow make the difference between not tripping and tripping.

So, typical dose is heavy, somewhere between 50-70 mgs (I don't have a mg scale but I have enough experience to eyeball out what should be a heavy dose). Typical technique is loading the OB and taking 3 or more large hits in under a minute-90 seconds. Until recently I would start coming up strong before I even got to the 3rd hit. But like I said lately the trip is very slow to materialize and the visuals don't really come on at all.

Seriously, I've done this like 100 times. I'm confident I know how to ~effectively~ dose and vaporize. Not saying the OB is the best device to use or that my technique is foolproof, but I know it definitely works.

What I'm asking is if there have been any cases of people developing a long term tolerance to the effects of DMT? or if it's likely that my crystals which have been stored for a month or two at 80 degree temperatures have somewhat degraded. If this is the case it should work if I double the dose or something, no?

Newfoundland
#4 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:36:35 PM

Jeff

I started smoking DMT with a OB as well, i didn't mind it at first but now that i have tried different i know for sure it is not the best way to smoke DMT. If you dont have the money for a GVG Make The Key V2, you can get all the supplies for around 10 dollars from a Hardware store. The Key V2 With this thing you can practice taking huge effective hits out of a bong. With a OB you have to hold a lighter and wait for the DMT to heat up and sometimes you cant smoke all the DMT in time to blast off. Also sometimes you might be heating the DMT to much and wasting the chemical with the OB. With The Key it is possible to take 1 massive toke to blast off.

Not to mention the amount of times i have burned myself with my OB expecially on large doses, i almost caught my pants on fire once.

If you only smoke spice once or twice a week a tolerance will not build up, i smoke spice at least twice a week and i have not had problems with tolerance.

Also my appartment is 80 - 85 degrese and i have kept my DMT stored at this temperature for over a year now, No loss in potency!
"Everything i say is Fiction, for those who dont understand Pleased"

OVERDOSE
#5 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:38:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Didn't mean to sound ungrateful for your advice though. It just worries me, I don't want my love affair with DMT to ever end... I will try cleaning the pipe, and I'm starting an ayahuasca brew today sooooo there's that...

gibran2
#6 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I don’t think tolerance is an issue, especially with using once a week or less. Your device and technique are far from ideal, but if you were taking doses large enough to have satisfactory experiences before, it makes sense that, assuming nothing has changed, you should still be having satisfactory experiences now.

So the question is: What has changed?

The fact that you don’t weigh your doses may be a factor. Over time, without even realizing it, maybe you’re preparing smaller doses. Hard to say without a scale. Do you use the same lighter? Is everything else the same? Are you the same? Have you changed your diet, sleeping patterns, etc.?

If you can reasonably rule out all physical factors, then you need to look at psychological/”spiritual” factors. Has your general emotional state changed? Has your attitude toward DMT changed? Have your expectations changed? Have you gotten everything you need from your experiences? Have your reasons for using DMT changed? If not, do you think they should? Etc, etc….
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

OVERDOSE
#7 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:44:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Newfoundland wrote:
I started smoking DMT with a OB as well, i didn't mind it at first but now that i have tried different i know for sure it is not the best way to smoke DMT. If you dont have the money for a GVG Make The Key V2, you can get all the supplies for around 10 dollars from a Hardware store. The Key V2 With this thing you can practice taking huge effective hits out of a bong. With a OB you have to hold a lighter and wait for the DMT to heat up and sometimes you cant smoke all the DMT in time to blast off. Also sometimes you might be heating the DMT to much and wasting the chemical with the OB. With The Key it is possible to take 1 massive toke to blast off.

Not to mention the amount of times i have burned myself with my OB expecially on large doses, i almost caught my pants on fire once.

If you only smoke spice once or twice a week a tolerance will not build up, i smoke spice at least twice a week and i have not had problems with tolerance.

Also my appartment is 80 - 85 degrese and i have kept my DMT stored at this temperature for over a year now, No loss in potency!

Hmmm, thanks for this. But since I have had 0 trouble getting top quality experiences with an OB until now, and since you mentioned the potency thing, I'm more convinced that it's me...

OVERDOSE
#8 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:51:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I don’t think tolerance is an issue, especially with using once a week or less. Your device and technique are far from ideal, but if you were taking doses large enough to have satisfactory experiences before, it makes sense that, assuming nothing has changed, you should still be having satisfactory experiences now.

So the question is: What has changed?

The fact that you don’t weigh your doses may be a factor. Over time, without even realizing it, maybe you’re preparing smaller doses. Hard to say without a scale. Do you use the same lighter? Is everything else the same? Are you the same? Have you changed your diet, sleeping patterns, etc.?

If you can reasonably rule out all physical factors, then you need to look at psychological/”spiritual” factors. Has your general emotional state changed? Has your attitude toward DMT changed? Have your expectations changed? Have you gotten everything you need from your experiences? Have your reasons for using DMT changed? If not, do you think they should? Etc, etc….

I would say that in fact my doses have been gradually increasing since I've been having trouble with the experience, and yes I've ruled out basically all physical factors. Hmm, I would say that my overall emotional state has not changed, nor attitudes, etc. At least not in any way that should have this substantial of an effect on my trip. I just don't know...

endlessness
#9 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OVERDOSE wrote:
I use an oil burner. 3 solid hits out of that works perfectly fine for smoking 50-75 mgs in under a minute. This technique has worked extremely well for me for the last howevermany trips, so I'm not interested in paying 100 bucks for the VG when I can walk to the gas station and get an OB for 2 bucks and the results are basically the same.

Overdose.. Gibran asked good questions. Appart from that though, I just want to comment on something. You cant know that "the results are basically the same" before you tested the other smoking method. Also, considering you are having this issue and there are different variables that could be involved, at least what I would do is to change the variables one by one and see if it makes a difference, instead of only supposing such variable will or not make a difference. And certainly in the case of smoking dmt, the first one I would say is recommended to change is the smoking method.

I understand though if you dont want to spend 100 bucks but then maybe you can find someone else around you who has, or maybe you can try another smoking method?

So for example you could try making your own vaporizing pipe/bong by buying the carbide filter as mentioned here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=240032#post240032

Or even just try the simple ash sandwhich in a bong method?

Also check out this and this FAQ questions which relate to it, though at least part of what its said there were already touched upon in this thread.

Good luck and let us know if you find out whats the issue

OVERDOSE
#10 Posted : 5/15/2011 5:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot. There's a lot of good information there. I think I will take a break for awhile...

In.the.light
#11 Posted : 5/17/2011 4:31:55 AM

Mark

I'd suggest 50mg weed/ 50mg dmt/ 50mg weed sandwich in a bong you can milk to get the whole dose in one pull. It worked amazing for me and for a friend right after me. I'm truly a beginner at the method of ingesting DMT and my friends all tried getting a dose out of an oil burner and couldn't breakthrough and I didn't like the idea of smoking dmt out of what I used to smoke meth out of so I went with the bong and BOOM! But sure take a week off or 49 days Smile it'll give you time to want to get there and you might enjoy it more.
In a hallway of mirrors with quick sand floors...

Simplistic Randamonium
#12 Posted : 5/17/2011 4:45:09 AM

random root

this has happend to me .
i took like a 45 day break from everything.
removed all spice related products from house including extraction equipment and vaping tools.

once i returned i find that hit density is the biggest factor to an effective blast off...

also i find i get MUCH MUCH BETTER results when i enter the expierence without expectations.

just me though/
if u made it this far you are a champ, and although we may never meet you are also my friend.
S.R.

jamie
#13 Posted : 5/17/2011 6:17:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Forget the 3 hits and take your dose all in one hit, you should be able to. Dont worry so much about what used to work, since it isnt working now. Just take it all in one big hit.
Long live the unwoke.

crystalizer
#14 Posted : 5/17/2011 7:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, yeah I know what you are talking about. SWIM is experimenting a lot... So lets say he has about 40 different "extractions" in different glass vials in his fridge. They range from a crystall white to dark brown colour. he did not tried all of them yet...

when smoking like 50mg of the beautiful white ones, which were very potent 2 months ago, he describes something like you... body stoned but mentally still on earth. smoking jungle (lets say yellowisch) he finds himself in hyperspace.

based on some analysis (GC-MS) he can say that white and yellow contain almost identical quantities of dmt and ßcarbolines.... so basically they should be both very effective.

i sugesst like Simplistic Randamonium give it a break. do not try to "force" a trip...
"It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change."
-NOT Darwin

OVERDOSE
#15 Posted : 5/17/2011 9:01:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks to everyone for the loving advice, I am taking a freebase hiatus for now.

ewok
#16 Posted : 5/18/2011 1:42:48 AM

fractal enchantment wrote:
Forget the 3 hits and take your dose all in one hit, you should be able to. Dont worry so much about what used to work, since it isnt working now. Just take it all in one big hit.

This.

I find 25mgs in one hit and there is no option other than deep hyperspace.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Urban Spaceman
#17 Posted : 5/18/2011 3:18:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The reason you aren;t obtaining the right results might be due to how DMT has the most activity at the serotonin sites. I have two [well-experienced] friends who seem incredibly, 100% tolerant to MDMA - another chemical that deals with serotonin. This is a TOTAL speculation, as all of the above responses are, just putting another thing out there to consider.
I'm the Urban Spaceman, baby
I can fly
I'm a super-sonic guy!

I'm the Urban Spaceman, baby
here comes the twist
I don't exist!

OVERDOSE
#18 Posted : 5/18/2011 9:11:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking it could be a depleted serotonin issue, but I feel like I would notice that when sober.

OVERDOSE
#19 Posted : 5/28/2011 1:34:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately it seems I am one of the people who eventually develop a tolerance to the effects of DMT. In the past I have had 50+ awesome experiences complete with high resolution visuals and deep personal insight, but every time I do it now I get absolutely no visuals whatsoever and the trip is generally kind of unpleasant (boring looping effects, extreme disorientation, etc.). I smoked no more than a few times a week at any point, and I never tried it if I didn't feel well.

Anyway, while I have heard of this happening to a few people, I haven't read anything about successfully overcoming it. It would seem like there's a good neurological reason I went from having consistently amazing experiences to suddenly having consistently bad trips with no visuals at all. I even took a 3 week break and went for it again the other day with the same poor results.

So for anyone who has experienced this consecutive low quality dmt trip phenomenon, is there some way out of it or is my relationship with DMT pretty much just over? It sucks because I still have a lot of extraction materials....

smokerx
#20 Posted : 5/28/2011 3:05:38 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

OVERDOSE wrote:
Unfortunately it seems I am one of the people who eventually develop a tolerance to the effects of DMT. In the past I have had 50+ awesome experiences complete with high resolution visuals and deep personal insight, but every time I do it now I get absolutely no visuals whatsoever and the trip is generally kind of unpleasant (boring looping effects, extreme disorientation, etc.). I smoked no more than a few times a week at any point, and I never tried it if I didn't feel well.

Anyway, while I have heard of this happening to a few people, I haven't read anything about successfully overcoming it. It would seem like there's a good neurological reason I went from having consistently amazing experiences to suddenly having consistently bad trips with no visuals at all. I even took a 3 week break and went for it again the other day with the same poor results.

So for anyone who has experienced this consecutive low quality dmt trip phenomenon, is there some way out of it or is my relationship with DMT pretty much just over? It sucks because I still have a lot of extraction materials....

have you tried different smoking techniques ? or different device as you have been advised ? if not than I would try that before any conclusions. If you think that you have lots of material to be wasted maybe you can waste a bit more Smile and invest in GVG. If that wont work you can still use it to vaporise other things.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

12NEXT