We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
can someone send me some rootbeer from the states? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 9/8/2008 5:01:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey folks..

i'm an U.S. citizen living in germany wondering if anyone could send me some rootbeer? this stuff is hard to come by here. its been ages (like 15 years or so) since i've had that taste. my memory of the taste is getting weaker by the day.

aawww.. that good ol' sweet/soapy taste! if only i could get my hands on some rootbeer. damn why don't they sell that stuff here!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 9/8/2008 5:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
damn why don't they sell that stuff here!

Propably because it tastes like a blend of rat poison and dish liquid Pleased
I've found it in germany at a speciality shop for like 4$ a can. Maybe you can try some US import shops.

But be carefull not to go over 22€ total to avoid coustoms.

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 9/8/2008 5:32:29 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I've got tons of fresh sassafras roots and plants.

I have an entire grove of sassafras trees.

Is that what your after?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Dwhitty76
#4 Posted : 10/15/2008 4:11:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hEY MAN,
i'd be happy to send you some good old root bear from the suffering states.
Whats your flavor? personally i like dr. browns but let me know.
If it's more than a case. i might need some compensation but if it's a case or less,dont worry about the $,just pick up the shipping costs.Anyway,you can pm me and let me know,i'm happy to help Smile.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Freddy Bacon Jr.
#5 Posted : 10/15/2008 10:16:02 AM

ButterScotch Bob

you really gonna send it? thats freakin sweat of you to do!
"See You Down At Arizona Bay"

Hi my real name is not Freddy. Freddy is a made up character of mine that likes to talk about the subjects on this site. So in most of my posts I will use the word I but its really Freddy my made up character. I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the things we talk about is fun.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 10/15/2008 12:25:16 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

'Coatl wrote:
I've got tons of fresh sassafras roots and plants.

I have an entire grove of sassafras trees.

Is that what your after?

Hahahaha, my first thoughts exactly when I saw this post. Root beers in Europe are rumoured not to contain sassafras root in contrast to the US ones

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

benzyme
#7 Posted : 10/15/2008 3:50:58 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I don't even think US root beer has any safrole, FDA deemed it carcinogenic.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 10/15/2008 4:04:15 PM

The Great Namah

benzyme wrote:
I don't even think US root beer has any safrole, FDA deemed it carcinogenic.

There are a few that do, but most of the commercial ones have none.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 10/15/2008 4:16:18 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I'd like to know which one have it.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Dwhitty76
#10 Posted : 10/15/2008 5:28:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont mind picking up a case of you'r rootbeer of choice,so long as it's accesible to me.The only thing is the shipping.Let me know.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Freddy Bacon Jr.
#11 Posted : 10/15/2008 6:56:22 PM

ButterScotch Bob

i wasn't sure what sassafras was, and that's very nice of you good karma your way!Wink
"See You Down At Arizona Bay"

Hi my real name is not Freddy. Freddy is a made up character of mine that likes to talk about the subjects on this site. So in most of my posts I will use the word I but its really Freddy my made up character. I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the things we talk about is fun.

deadheadjpc2000
#12 Posted : 10/15/2008 10:02:40 PM
deadheadjpc2000@yahoo.com

Herny Weinhards' Root Beer is the best, IMHO....... When Costco has it for $15/case, we pick up a 6-8 cases...Thier Orange Soda is outstanding as well...
Can't even imagins the cost of shipping...prolly not cost-effective...
Peace

lorax
#13 Posted : 10/16/2008 10:23:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha.. i thought this thread was dead! Pleased

really.. thats soo sweet of you to offer to send me some. mang.. its been like ages since i had my mouth taste some nice rootbeer.

you must know.. i am a system administrator.. its a damn hard task being root without no rootbeer.

seriously.. do you have a paypal account to which i can send you the money. tell me what a palette of rootbeer costs and i'll send you the money for shipping and the beer. i will also send you some of my freshly extracted sceletium tortuosum extract via snailmail.

i don't really know about the brand cos its too long ago to remember. i also don't care about safrole.. i just need some rootbeer Pleased

the one i had back in the day one could get at the standard vending machines and the can was brownish.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#14 Posted : 10/16/2008 10:25:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

uhm.. dude.. don't bother sending me some. i just saw a place in europe offering A&W rootbeer. I'll be getting some of that!

deepest thanks tho!

Dwhitty76
#15 Posted : 10/16/2008 5:51:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no worries, as long as you found what your looking for. Personally, I prefer Stewarts root bear,it has a little bit more of the sassofras taste. I probably wouldnt have been able to swung a whole palate with the shipping costs but being a root beer lover myself i was prepered to atleast wet the palate w/ a case. Smile

Spock's Brain
#16 Posted : 10/17/2008 2:23:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

deadheadjpc2000 wrote:
Herny Weinhards' Root Beer is the best

Absolutely the best 110% beyond all doubt!!! PORTLAND, OR!
It's crazy to hear someone else say this..... when I first tasted it, I was like "WOW...WOW...WOW!!!!"
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."