We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone tried Phenylethylamine HCL (PEA) with Hordenine? Options

Mitakuye Oyasin
#1 Posted : 5/13/2011 3:34:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone here tried (PEA) phenylethylamine HCL with hordenine? It is supposed to induce euphoria. Apparently the hordenine activated the PEA and 50-100 mg hordenine are all that's needed to activate 500 mg of phenethylamine HCl. The hordenine is usually taken 15-20 minutes before the phenethylamine HCl. Apparently 250 mg of quercetin dihydrate works as well as (the 50-100 mg hordenine) to activate the PEA. Sounds interesting. Anyone have any experience positive or negative with this?
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 5/15/2011 5:56:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No one here has tried this combo? Just got a sample from a friend, so I'll report back next week what it is like.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

joedirt
#3 Posted : 5/15/2011 1:57:45 PM

Not I

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
No one here has tried this combo? Just got a sample from a friend, so I'll report back next week what it is like.

I have not....but straight Phenethylamine HCL can be vaporized....
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 5/15/2011 2:36:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How safe is ingesting hordenine? Did you research this a lot before attempting it?

Madcap
#5 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:30:52 PM

illudium Q-36

Fv is currently selling hordenine and PEA. Hordenine is one of the alks in trich cacti.

The extract being sold at fv about the same color as really dirty mesc

It's apparently an Maoi as well... So may make for an interesting pharma component.

There is a bit of talk about it over at 69rons forum.

Every time I see a new product at fv, I google it "hordenine and 69ron". And it always brings me to herbs.maxforum

I miss him a bit.... But still have a hard time believing the purity statements on fv.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 5/15/2011 4:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Blargh FV..

I'll believe 3 independent chromatography and spectrometry analysis any day over the (at times interesting but) often wrong information spread by 69ron, amateur "spot tests" and the unscrupulous practices shown by FV's response when the case came to the open.

If you want to put your life at risk (in terms of health with sketchy products as well as law with mislabelled/whatever scheduled products being sent to you), do what you want but in this forum we would highly recommend you not to.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#7 Posted : 5/15/2011 11:39:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For what purpose? I hear it has almost no effect by its own, that it needs something else to potentiate it.

How safe is ingesting hordenine? Did you research this a lot before attempting it?

Seems to be pretty safe, especially at the low levels needed to potentiate PEA. Some weight lifters who are taking it daily have experienced some side effects like rapid heart rate and nausea, but they are taking twice or more of the amount needed to potentiate PEA and are using it habitually. If one is concerned about taking Hordenine, they could always use Quercetin to potentiate the PEA.

Hordenine should not be taken if you are taking other central nervous system stimulants (riphenidate, dextroamphetamine, nitroglycerine, pseudoephedrine and other stimulants), as hordenine is contraindicated and may result in anxiety, rapid heart beat, difficulty sleeping, headaches, nausea and dizziness. It should also not be taken if you are taking blood pressure medication, alpha blockers, beta blockers or asthma or allergy medications.

Not sure how FV got thrown in here, these products I'm talking about did not come from FV. The manufacturer claims 99% purity for both products. I have yet to try them, but some friends report really nice euphoria from their use. Was curious if anyone here had ever tried these combos and what they thought about it.
— Terence McKenna

joedirt
#8 Posted : 5/15/2011 11:46:28 PM

Not I

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:

For what purpose? I hear it has almost no effect by its own, that it needs something else to potentiate it.

just like DMT is active when smoke without an MAOI so is PEA. I've read a few different accounts of people vaporizing it with effect. I've confirmed that it does indeed vaporize, but have not taken more the 5mgs to confirm a bioassay.... yet

I hear it's a delicate balance. To much and your skin will flush red. just right and it's quite euphoric.

I've been thinking about mixing some in with a changa batch as this would allow one to gradually work with it at safe doses...

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#9 Posted : 5/16/2011 12:20:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, I had not heard that. Thanks for the info Joedirt. Please post dosages for vaping if/when you have them. Is it harsh at all?
— Terence McKenna

Madcap
#10 Posted : 5/16/2011 12:21:27 AM

illudium Q-36

First, sorry if my comment hijacked the thread. My bad, I don't know much about hordenine but I did look around a bit and found it there.

I think it seemed relevant because Fv sells allot of stuff that have questionable effects in some who have tried them.

Whenever I read about a new legal combo on a forum that sounds really awesome ( like too good ).... I see if fv is selling it and then I google it to see where else it's being typed about.

Endless asked about the compound, so I pointed him at the only info I had.

I like the postive descriptions ive read of the pea combo. I am just skeptical.

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
[color=green]

Not sure how FV got thrown in here, these products I'm talking about did not come from FV. The manufacturer claims 99% purity for both products. I have yet to try them, but some friends report really nice euphoria from their use. Was curious if anyone here had ever tried these combos and what they thought about it.

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#11 Posted : 5/16/2011 2:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know of what you speak madcap. Plus some skepticism is always healthy IMHO. Thanks.
— Terence McKenna

joedirt
#12 Posted : 5/16/2011 5:35:43 PM

Not I

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Interesting, I had not heard that. Thanks for the info Joedirt. Please post dosages for vaping if/when you have them. Is it harsh at all?

I can answer the harshness question now....No it's actually kinda sweet tasting. mind you I have not taken enough to feel effects yet.