We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
DDOS Attack Options

a1pha
#61 Posted : 5/26/2011 6:22:26 AM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

I think they were improving the hardware, or something.

Seems to be pretty stable now.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gazal
#62 Posted : 5/26/2011 1:09:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamwalker wrote:
Wow, I decided to take a short break from The Nexus only to come back one day to find the site down. =(

The Nexus is not only a treasure trove of priceless information but a great community of people as well.

I'm happy to see the site back up and running and I'm happy to be back home!

---

Damn! DDOS on the nexus? Whoever is responsible is obviously misinformed about this community.

Peace

Macre

You guys have very few posts. I think you - as me - don't know the backstage event that could justify the resentement of someone.
Yes, this is a great a forum with great people, but there is others who probably have had good reason to complain.

gazal
#63 Posted : 5/26/2011 1:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gazal wrote:
[quote=Dreamwalker]Wow, I decided to take a short break from The Nexus only to come back one day to find the site down. =(

The Nexus is not only a treasure trove of priceless information but a great community of people as well.

I'm happy to see the site back up and running and I'm happy to be back home!

---

Damn! DDOS on the nexus? Whoever is responsible is obviously misinformed about this community.

Peace

Macre

You guys have very few posts. I think you - as me - don't know the backstage event that could justify the resentement of someone.
Yes, this is a great a forum with great people, but there is others who probably have had good reason to complain. Vendors for example, or abused users. just an idea...

SWIMfriend
#64 Posted : 5/26/2011 3:34:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gazal wrote:
Yes, this is a great a forum with great people, but there is others who probably have had good reason to complain. Vendors for example, or abused users. just an idea...

You have very few posts yourself. What "backstage" events would cause resentment of vendors? What users were abused?

olympus mon
#65 Posted : 5/26/2011 4:03:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

gazal wrote:

abused users?Rolling eyes give me a break. i know of only one vendor that would fit this mold. his mis-identified products and stubborn ego had more to do with his company's demise on the nexus than these ridiculous suggestions your making.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Enoon
#66 Posted : 5/26/2011 5:34:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I've been hearing these sentiments about users being mistreated here as reasons for this attack for a while now. I can't say I agree with it. Of course sometimes a few harsh words are exchanged but in general either the mods step in to correct the situation or the situation called for harsh words because people were being put (perhaps by themselves) in danger, or whatnot. Also when it does happen it is usually in no way as bad as it is in almost all the other places where people throw their hostility, anger and frustration at each other. The level of communication we uphold here on average is IMO really great and I can't say I've seen any members being abused or mistreated.

I've seen a few people get angry at the nexus for various reasons, and in general I blame miscommunication for these incidents. These things can't be avoided entirely, because sometimes people are just not on the same wavelength and no matter what they say to each other it always ends up being misunderstood or taken personally. And sometimes these kind of discussions get emotional. That's only human. The frequency that this happens here is very low and the way it happens here is usually still much better than other places I've seen on the web. I mean just think of all the flaming and name-calling that goes on at other forums or more open places. Things can get downright offensive and insulting really quickly, but in my experience in the nexus it almost never does.

I'm not saying we're perfect. There's always plenty we can do to improve things. But I think this place already upholds standards that enable communication and exchange of information, it promotes contributions rather than spamming, it promotes discussions rather than egotistic belligerence, unsupported and fantastic claims; it promotes safety, health and integration, respectful use and responsible use and acquisition rather than general recklessness etc etc.
Of course anyone who disagrees with these principles that this community stands for will have trouble getting along with us, especially if they vehemently refuse to support these ideas. This has nothing to do with abusing or mistreating anyone. I think most members here try to be as respectful to others as possible. If this respect is not returned and values are not accepted by new members then there is a conflict that can't always be resolved without parting ways. We can try to educate the member about why this community upholds this attitude and why it might in general be a good idea to do the same, not only as a member here but for a general form of conduct as well... but in the end it's not up to us alone whether this message is received and if it's received whether it's accepted. No one wants to force anyone into conformity, but the consequence of not being able to conduct oneself in a respectful or appropriate manner is that one cannot participate in the community.

This is not abuse and it's not elitism or anything along those lines. This community has been nothing but welcoming to me, when I was a newcommer, and to those that I've seen join since I became a member. Some people don't harmonize with each other. Sometimes this can't be fixed by the means we have here. This is something we have to accept, but it doesn't make this place an elitist club that looks down on all non-members. Everyone here is trying to make this community the best it can be, at least this is what I feel...

I hope we can continue on doing this and improving with everything we do here. Our work is important for each other - the information and the support here are invaluable IMO.
the nexus rocks.

whoever is ddosing us is confused about something. maybe it is an x-member that feels he was treated unfairly here, but in all likelihood there were good reasons for whatever treatment he got, and in all likelihood it was as appropriate and as respectful as possible in such a situation (whatever it was).

If you know of any abused members, do let us know though. I think it would be good bring this kind of stuff out if it really does happen - because it's not something we want here by any means.

anyways,
cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

SKA
#67 Posted : 5/26/2011 5:58:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Whatever the motivation was for attacking the nexus can never be an excuse to justify misbehaviour.
If people treat you harshly you either try and get them to realise this and behave more respectfull, you ignore it completely or you leave the community.
No point in comming back like a vendictive little prick and make an entire online community inaccessable for days.

If vendors don't like the nexus because vendor-talk is forbidden and were behind this attack, then they sure got some nerve.
I really hope the nexus is properly protected now; this shouldn't be able to happen again.

Cannabinoids
#68 Posted : 7/8/2012 10:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a1pha wrote:
Cannabinoids wrote:
Then with a few nice programs like nettool 5 and backtrack 5 a medium level hacker for the police can gain access to this "https" and decrypt any information here and access the /index (fun note...before https and google figured it out. You used to be able do line of code into the google search for /index and access all the user passwords information for virtually any site at the time. My school loved me [sarcasm] files which normally contains all the user/psw information.

lol - this site has seen some of the best hackers in the world try to gain access to the server with zero luck. It has even held up to what appears to be state-level attacks. You are incorrect to say a simple pentest tool like backtrack and a 'medium-level hacker' could gain access to this site. Simply untrue.

lmao the best in the world have tried to hack nexus....thats the funniest thing I've seen all year so far. Your right. people can hack the CIA, NASA or WALLSTREET but not nexus....bro, https (SSL) isn't secure at all. you would learn that your first couple weeks in tech school (if your were attending for networks and system security) that's how basic of info that is....

nobody with any skill level has REALLY tried to penetrate this site.

Yes Back Track in combination with Net tools and a few "inner circle"/hand written programs can most def hack this website and any others. Yes that is median/advance Knowledge more advanced but who's arguing.

UNLESSS your on a fiber optic your information is at risk. period. Nothing on the internet is safe. that's basic information. Even fiber optics can be penetrated but thats a WAY advance thing using a photon detector and some crap I don't even know (going to ITT for computer networking and system security but haven't got into pen fiber yet.)

lastly our country hires the best hackers to work for our country to anti hack. I assure you that if uncle same wanted YOUR information he could get it through nexus or whatever other ways he wants.

All our information is encrypted (hopefully) on a server. EVERYTHING you see and do here is in a FILE SYSTEM. these files including the most known /index are part of this filing system. as soon as one gets access to this section of the server the files become visible. Encrypted but accessible. now unless nexus has some new encryption software that to is new and leo knows nothing about it then it's STILL just matter of skill, patients and time before those are decrypted and then we would all be F'ed. They can most def hack this site. I assure you

This is the last I'll post on this thread Razz

Feel free to get the last words. Then lets refocus the topic of this thread back to what it was meant for. probably one of the best bark suppliers out there right now.

My apologize.

«PREV234