We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
African Dream Root and other mysteries Options

drainlife20
#1 Posted : 9/7/2008 9:52:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Silene capensis, african dream root, silene undulata. What makes this active? I haven't tried it, but I'm just wondering if any of you guys know or have theories(or if it even is active). I'm sure it does something, I mean NUTMEG can have an effect in stupid doses even. There are many entheogens out there with little to no information about what chemicals make them active. Just think about opium compared with heroin, coca leafs compared with cocaine, all these incredibly active drugs, that aren't nearly as potent until extracted. I've read that smoking around 5mcg's of pure salvinorin A can potentially have a completely sedative effect. That's kind of nuts.

It may seem lame, but SWIM and SWIY'S can do research on these types of things in their spare time. I'm sure this has probably been proposed here before, but I figured I'd bring it up. SWIM doesn't have any sort of analytical machinery, but he does find the whole idea of organic chemistry intriguing and has invested a bit of money starting up a small scale lab. SWIM is currently doing a caffeine extraction for fun. Laymen SWIM with just the glass can do all the ground work and basic reagent tests if possible, and relay information to the interested SWIY'S with GC/MS and the like.

This is kind of an "elephant in the room" thing to say, considering almost every single thread on this forum involves SWIY'S and their research with entheogens. I just haven't noticed anybody starting a thread with this idea specifically in mind. If enough people thought this was a good idea and wanted to be involved, it could possibly create a new sub-forum even. For the most part, most SWIM'S treat these things like cooking a famous recipe, which is completely fine. X amount of ingredient A, mix on low for 3 minutes, throw it in the oven. I just can't believe how many people on this forum actually do independent research and find out things for themselves instead of just sticking to the blue ribbon recipe.

Oh yeah, and in the least if this is an idea that has been tried but nobody stuck through it or it's always been shot down, then yeah. Dream root, I am curious about that if you know anything Very happy
Thanks for reading my dream diary! I hope you found it interesting! LMBO!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 9/7/2008 4:46:12 PM

Teotzlcoatl

It's the Xhosa "root of white ways"
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 9/8/2008 5:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interestingly enough, I just began to research this unknown root a little. It's said to be surprisingly effective as an oneirogen so I look foreward to trying it myself. No idea about that analyzing machine. It boils down to shelling out some major cash I guess ...