We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
The Traveler appreciation thread Options

Enoon
#21 Posted : 5/4/2011 11:32:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

LOL I'm laughing tears!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Shadowman-x
#22 Posted : 5/4/2011 11:44:12 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Hear hear, Trav you're a champion of the people. Smile
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Ice House
#23 Posted : 5/5/2011 5:22:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Trav,

I dont know about all this hype.... I mean I love you and all, but some of these cats are launching you out there with the likes of Indiana Jones and 007 James Bond. Wow!

After what you've done with the Nexus, going that extra and keeping it up. I kinda had you more in a Bill Gates type image.

Anyway You are the man Trav. I hope that some day I will be able to show my gratitude.

Once upon a time when I served in the USMC I was taught The Golden Rule of Leadership

Traveler you impress me because this last week you have epitomized that golden rule.

The rule reads-

The people under your charge will never care how much you know until they know how much you care.

You went the extra mile and did everything in you power to keep us in the Nexus. You could have closed shop for a week or two. You didnt. You made it happen captain! People now know how much you care.

Thanks,

ih

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

soulfood
#24 Posted : 5/5/2011 7:20:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Give me a T...

and so forth!

Kisses!!!!

Entropymancer
#25 Posted : 5/5/2011 7:27:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I think anyone who has dabbles in internet forums can see immediately what a special place the Nexus is, and I firmly believe that Trav's steady hand at the helm is a crucial factor in making this place the wonderful environment that it is. I was moved that such effort was taken to keep this place going underground while weathering the DDOS attack.

Thank you Trav for all that you do here Smile

a1pha
#26 Posted : 5/5/2011 9:00:30 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Ice House wrote:
After what you've done with the Nexus, going that extra and keeping it up. I kinda had you more in a Bill Gates type image.

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Bancopuma
#27 Posted : 5/5/2011 11:58:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to add I fully concur with all these views. Wink

Pandora
#28 Posted : 5/5/2011 4:50:14 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

There's a Robert Oppenheimer aspect (more than Bill Gates I think) to The Traveler too. Though The Traveler is doing good work that is less morally questionable, so I sincerely hope he is not nearly such a tortured soul as Oppenheimer was.

Oppenheimer was the miracle man of the Manhattan Project. He was the administrator-manager who kept it all going, led the project, mediated between military, government entities and raw university scientists. He understood the big picture, the small picture, the social structures, the math and the science. He had immediate moral concerns before it was even fashionable. And he coordinated it all. He made it happen and saw it through, no matter the obstacles, personal, scientific or professional. Be it problems with the Berrylium reflector and initiator unit, problems with worms and mud coming out of faucets, problems with government accusations of communism, etc. he got it done, he saw it through.

Thanks So Much Traveler!

I also thought about what it would be like without Nexus. How sad. Time passes so damned quickly and . . . well you know my grim rant. I would really hate to pass the next few years without you folks. What a horrid diminishment that would be. Community is so hard to find in this jaded, post-modern world that seems to abhor the family (Turn 18 and gtfo).

And the thought of loosing the knowledge base in the teks and wiki's. Thank goodness that is backed up. The idea of that being lost makes me feel physically ill, just like the loss of any library or knowledge base does.

I know it's just another attachment and doesn't really matter, but hell, I'm here now and I do love this community. It may all be ash in a century, but this is THE moment, right now. So glad we are all still together.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

obliguhl
#29 Posted : 5/5/2011 5:22:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora
#30 Posted : 5/5/2011 6:19:03 PM

Got Naloxone?

Can a1pha make it so?
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

a1pha
#31 Posted : 5/5/2011 6:59:22 PM

Laughing

pau
#32 Posted : 5/5/2011 7:05:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!
WHOA!

SWIMfriend
#33 Posted : 5/5/2011 7:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about replacing jesus with, let's say, Gandhi...

(and, of course, a Buddha representation would fit, too--maybe it would be the MOST apt, actually)

Pandora
#34 Posted : 5/5/2011 7:21:47 PM

Got Naloxone?

LMAO - the image is nearing PERFECTION!

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

endlessness
#35 Posted : 5/5/2011 7:26:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

+ this:

Enoon
#36 Posted : 5/5/2011 7:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

aaaaaaaaah this image is so funny I want to have a poster of it on my wall. the only danger is that I would probably piss my pants from laughter every time I passed. seriously "let#s spice things up a bit" with that pic.... too funny. I can't get over it.

man, time to change my pants again...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

ragabr
#37 Posted : 5/5/2011 8:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

a1pha
#38 Posted : 5/5/2011 8:33:34 PM

SWIMfriend
#39 Posted : 5/5/2011 8:55:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^hehe LOL. That's about right. Yup, that's the guy!

obliguhl
#40 Posted : 5/5/2011 9:12:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl attached the following image(s):
captain-picard-full-ofjx1u.jpg (35kb) downloaded 591 time(s).

PREV1234NEXT»