We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A way to have full visions without the side-effects. Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 5/2/2011 3:58:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
My initial experiments with iboga lead me to believe that iboga diminishes the effects of DMT and other hallucinogents, but in hindsight it is rather something else: iboga overrides the effects of other hallucinogens, makes them less DMT-like or shroom-like and more iboga-like.

I have now read multiple trip reports of people with the same experience and therefore i now believe that it is possible to have an experience that is realy the best of both worlds: the full penetrating immersiveness of iboga combined with the clearheadedness and visual elegance of shrooms or LSD.

I think that the right amount of iboga combined with the right amount of shrooms or LSD could produce an experience that doesn't come with the downsides of taking an iboga flooddose (being incapacitated for over 24 hours and having to puke out what seems to be all of your organs) but with the same intensity and maybe even greater beauty.

I think that this is not just some combo like so many others, but realy something unique because iboga is unique in how it affects other substances. It's anti-addiction effects are but one example of this.

Till this moment i have only combined 1 to 3 grams of bark with classic hallucinogens, but even those very low doses lead to very clear and noticeable iboga-effects:having full nightvision like a cat and even being able to distinguish subtle colours of objects in total darkness, feeling a sensation of endlessly falling and seeing spectacular tracers like you'd normally see on the end of an iboga journey.

I plan to do some further experiments with larger amounts of rootbark in the near future. I'm convinced it will be spectacular.

The only thing i further need to say on this is that combining iboga with phenethylamines like mescaline or 2C's is probably not a good thing to do.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/3/2011 2:29:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

So it sounds like ibogaine acts similar to harmalas in this reguard then. Harmalas do that to tryptamines as well in my experience. The right dose of harmalas with not too much DMT makes the DMT totally active but unlike DMT alone. The visionary state produced is distinct and unlike anything else..it is dreamy and meaningful with the realistic visions of harmalas, but they are colored by the DMT.

"feeling a sensation of endlessly falling and seeing spectacular tracers"

That sounds like harmalas. I cant wait to try Iboga. Claudio Naranjo concidered ibogaine and harmaline to be in the same class he referred to as "fantacy inducing psychedelics" or something like that, and thought that both of them were concerned with the "gut" and instincts. The more I read the more iboga does seem similar to harmalas.
Long live the unwoke.

ragabr
#3 Posted : 5/3/2011 3:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My come-up (the first hour or so) on ibogaine felt exactly like a visionary dose of Aya without admixture. The later part of phase II also felt like the later part of a high dose of Aya, where the tracers are everywhere and there's still extreme dizziness when standing and walking around.

After the ibogaine experience, it seems very likely to me that high dose harmalas allow an endogenous NMDA-antagonist to reach active levels. I say that, since not being able to find any information on harmalas have NMDA activity on their own, when trying to find a reason for their similarity to MXE.

I know that some providers in the underground here in the States have been experimenting with giving mushrooms during Phase II.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

polytrip
#4 Posted : 5/3/2011 5:06:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it is in many ways simmilar to harmala's. Especially in how immersive it is. To me, ibogaine realy feels like you're right in the middle of something very adventurous. It realy is an adventure. A high dose of caapi is the only thing i know that comes close to this, but iboga has this feeling of immersion even more than caapi does.

Everybody who's ever done both of them seems to think of them as very simmilar. In a way it could be seen like a very masculine version of caapi or rue. It's darker and it has a deadserious undertone.

I think that for this reason combinations of iboga and other hallucinogenic's could be seen as a variation on ayahuasca. Maybe the masculine version of it. Iboga has, like caapi, a huge influence on how the brain responds to other substances and a strong healing power.

I don't doubt that there is a huge synergy between the two as well, but combining them in large doses is just to dangerous to experiment with (although there is a shamanic tradition of doing exactly that with caapi and shiric sanango, but until i meet a shaman who can teach me how to do it safely i'll stay away from doing that).

polytrip
#5 Posted : 5/3/2011 6:49:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm 100% certain that the nightvision is real. The fist time i experienced it was with a dose of somewhere around 2 grams of rootbark combined with a conventional ayahuasca brew of caapi and chacruna. I took a walk through the woods that night and i was able to see as if it was the middle of the day. It was densely grown, with only small pathways, but i never got lost and never bumped into tree's or bushes. Normally it would have been pitchblack and i would at least have stumbled over treestumps or treeroots. Bancopuma even goes as far as saying that you can see things with closed eyelids. Iboga heightens the senses to the extreme. I don't think reading is a very realistic goal on high doses of iboga, but with moderate doses it could maybe work.

I would love to try if iboga can activate DMT orally, but if you need more than 10 grams of rootbark for it, you probably wouldn't feel any DMT effect. It would most likely feel as if you'd taken 20 grams of rootbark instead of 10. I think the iboga would completely overpower the DMT. On the eboka site, someone claims that 7 grams of rootbark, wich isn't a small dose anymore but borderlining a flooddose, feels like 15 grams of rootbark when combined with LSD. I completely believe this because a tiny dose of iboga already significantly changed a conventional ayahuasca brew for me as well as a conventional dose of mushrooms and made them very iboga-like, with nightvision as one of the effects. Mushrooms and caapi/chacruna brews don't give you such nightvision.

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 5/20/2011 11:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting about the nightvision. You can really see why Iboga would be a major ally when hunting in the forest at night. As well as the amazing night vision, it keeps you awake and allows you to remain in the same position for a long time, all allies when hunting. It was incredibly vivid on my initiation. Not just the walls of the room but my arms moving in front of my face in real time, despite being blind folded in a pitch black room with my eyes closed at the time. It was crystal clear to me, but lit in black and white, a bit like electron microscope photographs. Very strange experience for sure, I would not ever have believed anything like that to be possible without having experienced it myself. And I try to approach these things rationally and objectively, but this is the conclusion I have come to, that is something more, something strange and very mysterious going on, and this is but one facet of the experience. Amazing plant, Iboga.

I've heard from the guy that really knows his Iboga that it overpowers DMT. One has to smoke a lot more to break through, and it can be harder on the body and mind with the doses required. Sounds to me like they are better kept separate, but no harm in trying for oneself I suppose. Interesting these mixes though. I noticed a profound synergy with a low dose of liberty caps and 500mg of root bark. Would be interesting to experiment with varying doses of mushrooms or caapi I think, but starting with low doses of both and working up. Clean feeling mushrooms like the Hawaiian Copelandia cyanescens might be a good candidate for experiments.

ragabr
#7 Posted : 5/21/2011 1:08:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really interesting that you mention the mushrooms and root bark. I've heard of underground providers, here in the States, using mushrooms during phase 2.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

rOm
#8 Posted : 5/30/2011 10:47:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
So it sounds like ibogaine acts similar to harmalas in this reguard then. Harmalas do that to tryptamines as well in my experience. The right dose of harmalas with not too much DMT makes the DMT totally active but unlike DMT alone. The visionary state produced is distinct and unlike anything else..it is dreamy and meaningful with the realistic visions of harmalas, but they are colored by the DMT.

"feeling a sensation of endlessly falling and seeing spectacular tracers"

That sounds like harmalas. I cant wait to try Iboga. Claudio Naranjo concidered ibogaine and harmaline to be in the same class he referred to as "fantacy inducing psychedelics" or something like that, and thought that both of them were concerned with the "gut" and instincts. The more I read the more iboga does seem similar to harmalas.

The more I try iboga (also staying in the lower dosage) alone or combined, the more it feels like harmalas but like harmalas with admixture for me.
The tracers are similar than the one I get with harmalas.
Seen the Tree of Life with only one gram Eboka RB. It was awesome.
You feel very good in the dark.
I'm sure you Fractal, will love it.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !