We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Arrested for importing Mimosa Hostilis Options

Shaolin
#61 Posted : 5/30/2011 8:08:09 PM

Stiletto Stoner

ewok wrote:
One thing I find funny is customs are basically saying he brought $4.5million of dmt off ebay for $700. And somehow that makes perfect sense to them.

Laughing *10
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

spacegiraffe
#62 Posted : 5/31/2011 10:47:13 AM

^_^

So everyone knows you can send a message to the author of this article by clicking here or the email jared button at the bottom of the article.
If you look through all his articles the author(Jared Savage) seems to write a lot about drug incidents and likes to exaggerate the offense in all of his stories.

Good luck with your trial Smile
Quote:
Give up already. Some people say you should never give up but don't be foolish. Knowing when to give up is important for both survival and is vital to being able to learn effectively. Giving up on some tasks gives you more time and energy to focus on other more important tasks. This may confuse or annoy you, some people have more ambition and determination than sense, but I'll give you some examples to illustrate my point:

You should give up on being like everyone else so you can be true to yourself. Give up on an easy mundane life so that you can live life sincerely. Give up on feeling safe and secure so you can live your dreams. Give up on being perfect so you can be your best. Life is all about trade-offs. There is no right or wrong way to live your life but that doesn't mean you can act however you want and still achieve anything you want. To add something you must remove something else. To achieve something you must give up on something else.

smokerx
#63 Posted : 5/31/2011 6:29:51 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

spacegiraffe wrote:
So everyone knows you can send a message to the author of this article by clicking here or the email jared button at the bottom of the article.
If you look through all his articles the author(Jared Savage) seems to write a lot about drug incidents and likes to exaggerate the offense in all of his stories.

Good luck with your trial Smile

I sent the guy some nice lines to read his not gonna like it Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

christian
#64 Posted : 5/31/2011 7:03:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

- I hope it ended with you saying, " now, put that in your pipe, and smoke it !!".
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

smokerx
#65 Posted : 5/31/2011 7:28:18 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

christian wrote:
- I hope it ended with you saying, " now, put that in your pipe, and smoke it !!".

he does not deserve that Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

On_Bail
#66 Posted : 6/3/2011 10:47:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

thanks for your support,

This is basically a copy/paste from my latest post on tripme.co.nz;

I got my brother to write down my last post on the other thread and on DMT-Nexus cause I didn't have the net or a computer since Customs still have my laptop and phones, and things have been hectic, but he got the wires way crossed, sorry I havenā€™t got back sooner, I got Neo to remove my other thread cause itā€™s misleading.

Iā€™ve a laptop and internet sussed now so can keep you all updated more often.

I did say that I admitted everything but I haven't pleaded guilty to anything and my lawyer thinks we have a good defence.

I did the interview without my lawyer and I said that;

I wanted to resale all of it legally as a dye, leather tanner, or incense.

I also said that I would label it on the website as ā€˜not for human consumptionā€™ and that I would not condone any type of illegal activity.

The investigator tried to push towards me saying I would sell the bark for a profit. I tried telling him I just wanted to see if thereā€™s a market for it, and that I wasnā€™t trying to make a lot, and that there probably wouldnā€™t be much interest in it.

I never said anything about using any of it for myself because that definitely wasn't my intention.

The bit that got mixed up was that I said that I had extracted a small amount of DMT in the PAST but that it would have been a gram maximum. But this was in the past Iā€™ve grown up since then and had got rid of the gear used to do that. (Note that nothing noteworthy was found in the house even though I had no idea the police were coming). The latest shipment was only intended for consenting adults that wanted to use the bark legally.

I also said in the interview that ā€œyou can get it from e-bay and they donā€™t say anything on e-bay about New Zealand being a country to avoidā€.

I also said that the person I brought the bark off had imported to New Zealand before with no problems
And that some people from the forums have rung Customs before and have been told its O.K. to import but that the shredded bark may need heat treatment. I had never heard anything anywhere on the contrary.

I said maybe six times or more that I fully believed it was legal.

These are all quotes from the interview, Iā€™ve read through and checked, obviously Iā€™m just skimming through and taking the best points, I know I donā€™t have a halo around my head, but my intention was purely for legal purposes.

A couple things that I don't think I mentioned in the interview but I knew at the time were:
There is no mention of Mimosa Hostilis on the banned imports list on the Customs website.
And that Alphaware.co.nz had been selling it legally for years.

I'm sorry I know the wires getting crossed is partly my fault, and also the medias lol, but I'll try keep everyone updated more often.

This case isn't over yet!

On_Bail

ewok
#67 Posted : 6/3/2011 11:35:54 AM

Good luck man hope you sort it out
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

christian
#68 Posted : 6/3/2011 9:31:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-Looks like you'll be o.k with that info. BEST OF LUCK MATE.
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

ewok
#69 Posted : 6/10/2011 2:25:30 AM

Dunno whats up with the media here but just read a article saying the 18kgs of dmt was in nail polish bottles. Seems like facts really don't matter.

Quote:
Customs officers have seized up to 18 kilograms of the psychedelic chemical dimethyltryptamine, better known as DMT, after it was discovered in an Auckland mail room in a package being sent to Blenheim from South America.

A 21-year-old man has been arrested and charged with importing a Class-A drug, which has a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

Detective Inspector Stuart Mills of the National Drug Intelligence Bureau is unsure why such a large quantity was being sent to New Zealand.

"But people are always experimenting. DMT is similar to LSD, which is a popular illicit drug here, so there could be demand from those users,ā€ he says.

The drug was stored in several nail polish bottles, similar to a 1.2 litre haul of the drug GBL on May 17.

DMT is rarely seen in New Zealand but is often used in religious and indigenous ceremonies in South America, and is popular among college students in the US.

It can be smoked as a crystal through a glass pipe, similar to methamphetamine, or injected.
Quote:

Can read here
infinite possibilities.

christian
#70 Posted : 6/10/2011 10:36:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a minute, i thought i read.....OH FORGET IT!.....What is going on ??

-Now it turns out that 18kilos of DMT was hidden in nail polish??-WAS THIS GUY PLAYING WITH US ALL THE TIME??Laughing

ewok
#71 Posted : 6/10/2011 11:45:45 AM

christian wrote:
What a minute, i thought i read.....OH FORGET IT!.....What is going on ??

-Now it turns out that 18kilos of DMT was hidden in nail polish??-WAS THIS GUY PLAYING WITH US ALL THE TIME??Laughing

Pretty sure it was MHRB will just be the media spreading more misinformation, nothing unusual there.
infinite possibilities.

christian
#72 Posted : 6/10/2011 12:58:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-So the media story originally stating 18 kilos of actual DMT, rather than rootbark was imported. And now the current story is that the 18 kilos of dmt was in nail varnish bottles.....or have the silly billies got the gbl story all messed up with it , the silly fools...???Shocked

ewok
#73 Posted : 6/10/2011 1:23:16 PM

Seems that way now its also saying "up to 18kg" so they maybe backtracking on the claim of 18kg dmt.
infinite possibilities.

christian
#74 Posted : 6/10/2011 2:09:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Geez, when will those fools get the story right..?? Embarrased Laughing

Fangor
#75 Posted : 6/11/2011 1:25:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't think he could possibly be charged with posession of anywhere near 18kg. To charge him in the first place the MHRB would need to be analyzed wouldn't it?. I would think analysis could easily detect the difference between ~2% and 100% DMT.

ewok
#76 Posted : 6/11/2011 2:45:54 AM

Fangor wrote:
I don't think he could possibly be charged with posession of anywhere near 18kg. To charge him in the first place the MHRB would need to be analyzed wouldn't it?. I would think analysis could easily detect the difference between ~2% and 100% DMT.

Maybe wrong but pretty sure it was analyzed, that's how they knew it was dmt in the first place. I think customs chose to say 18kg as shock factor. I'm sure analyst knows its not pure dmt.
infinite possibilities.

christian
#77 Posted : 6/11/2011 8:18:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This story is getting interesting. So the plot thickens, will be interesting to watch the outcome of 18kilos of dmt hidden in nail varnish bottles..??!!

SWIMfriend
#78 Posted : 6/14/2011 4:27:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This article is such PERNICIOUS LYING, it's almost unbearable to read--it's PURE "government anti-drug propaganda." Really disgusting.

It has given me a lesson, though: It pays to pulverize your own bark, even though it's a bit of a dusty hassle. If you buy straight bark, nobody can even IMAGINE they can call it anything other than BARK. Illegal bark, heh, bet nobody ever heard of that...

They wouldn't be seizing 10 kg. of DMT, they'd have to say there were seizing 10 kg. of BARK. BARK, BARK, BARK! People would be afraid to go to the garden section of Home Depot after such an arrest and story!

ewok
#79 Posted : 6/14/2011 6:05:22 AM

SWIMfriend wrote:
This article is such PERNICIOUS LYING, it's almost unbearable to read--it's PURE "government anti-drug propaganda." Really disgusting.

It has given me a lesson, though: It pays to pulverize your own bark, even though it's a bit of a dusty hassle. If you buy straight bark, nobody can even IMAGINE they can call it anything other than BARK. Illegal bark, heh, bet nobody ever heard of that...

They wouldn't be seizing 10 kg. of DMT, they'd have to say there were seizing 10 kg. of BARK. BARK, BARK, BARK! People would be afraid to go to the garden section of Home Depot after such an arrest and story!

I've been blown away but all but one of the articles on this case, they don't follow facts at all apart from the one I mentioned in a earlier post, think your right about the whole bark especially here in New Zealand since how it was recently presented to our government following similar information to that article you linked to.
infinite possibilities.

christian
#80 Posted : 6/14/2011 8:55:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, i'm confused. This guy says he imported 18 kilos of rootbark. Now they're saying it is 18 kilos of DMT smuggled in nail varnish bottles ??
- They can't be that wrong can they??.Tell me i'm " barking up the wrong tree "-ha ha!!

- But, from what i'm feeling so far, New Zealand is an extremely straight laced place, and extremely strict. It wouldn't surprise me if they are gonna make a big example of this guy by giving him such a terrible time, to get the message across to stop people importing this. This is how they are working it i'm sure. Probably after some months of extreme stress they will let this guy off, once their message and evil ways of manipulating fear have set in ...

- it's a battle of the facts vs the ego of the law, and the fact that they can make it painfully hard for your honest true facts to win the day, like it or not. Confused

«PREV23456NEXT»